Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger is awesome

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I have never played this game before. I just started like a day ago. Wth!? Why have none of you told me to play it before? I've played and own Chrono Cross just never had Chrono Trigger!

Discuss how awesome Chrono Trigger is and so help you, if you spoil the game for me I will hunt you down and leave fire ants in your bed as you sleep.
    EVERYONE DIES(SPOILER)if you suck at rpg combat

Maybe I haven't told you specifically to play it, but I'm pretty sure I've said on many occasions that everyone should play it. Not my fault you weren't there to hear/read it!

You're in for a real treat though. I almost wish I were you right now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Chrono Trigger is mathematically perfect.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time. It also has a lot of replay value. I hope you are playing the DS version because there are a few extras at the end that are pretty cool.
    I was wondering about this. I'm getting SE nostalgia and was planning on playing my VC version of Chrono Trigger. But then I thought about buying the DS version.

I was wondering, aren't there actual story changes at the end? Or did i just misread what I tried to research? I assume it's probably worth the $20 to buy it, just for the map, graphics, cutscenes, other changes. But I think I read that there is also some new content at the end that actually affects the story (besides the 1 new ending)? Or no?
    Somewhat.

Actually, it works kind of like this. Each individual old ending is there, with the only changes being things like the translation getting cleaned up (which helps quite a bit in some sections). However, there are new endings and new dungeons which you can unlock in the game.

They only really serve as a tie to Chrono Cross (and I really don't think they work that well), but they're optional, give good rewards, and you can always choose to ignore them on replays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    All the new content is supplemental and doesn't really change anything.
    great, ty. Guess I'll get the DS version and just play my VC version if...well, probably never!
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Awesome game, awesome soundtrack.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im at the final stage and I cant just seem to play it anymore. not that its lost ts spark, I just cant seem to rekindle it right now. it was so fun in the meantime but I just cant do it right now. I started playing FF1 again and told myself I wanted to start playing all the final fantasies in order. but I still gotta beat this and Legend of mana, not to mention both of those games have the New Game+ feature which Ive NEVER touched before in a game

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

If you prioritize legend of mana over chrono trigger, i will have you shot.

also, new game plus is the best feature of any game, i don't understand why so few games have them.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Just an update. I never finished my emulated one. BUT I do have a 3DS now and i bought CT for it so I'm working through it again. I love me some frog :3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    lmaooo whats wrong with LoM?

Quote Originally Posted by dougicidal View Post
    It's not Chrono Trigger.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's not Chrono Trigger.

If it was Seiken Densetsu 3 instead of LoM, perhaps it would have been fine.

Blog Entries

listen, legend of mana is great. Im sure a let down from SD3, but its got a beautiful story and art

listen, legend of mana is great. Im sure a let down from SD3, but its got a beautiful story and art
    And? Chrono Trigger has a beautiful story, beautiful art, beautiful music, brilliant gameplay mechanics, great characters, phenomenal sidequests, and that's barely scratching the surface.

No one is saying Legend of Mana is bad. We're just saying that it's not as good as Chrono Trigger. Which is nothing to be ashamed of.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

also, new game plus is the best feature of any game
    Try playing New Game+8 on Rogue Legacy and tell me that again with a straight face.

Blog Entries

And? Chrono Trigger has a beautiful story, beautiful art, beautiful music, brilliant gameplay mechanics, great characters, phenomenal sidequests, and that's barely scratching the surface.

No one is saying Legend of Mana is bad. We're just saying that it's not as good as Chrono Trigger. Which is nothing to be ashamed of.
    This overrating of Chrono Trigger is getting quite ridiculous, actually. It just tells me that people haven't played enough RPGs.

That said, I just started a new game on the DS version because it's a relatively easy and short game that I can beat in less than 2 days.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post

This overrating of Chrono Trigger is getting quite ridiculous, actually. It just tells me that people haven't played enough RPGs.

That said, I just started a new game on the DS version because it's a relatively easy and short game that I can beat in less than 2 days.
    I probably do overrate Chrono Trigger (I've never attempted to hide that I consider it the greatest game of all time), but I didn't in that post. All of those statements were true.

If you're beating it in less than two days, you're playing it wrong. In fact, if you beat any RPG in less than two days, you're playing it wrong. No wonder you're not enjoying it if you're just rushing through to the end. RPGs are about immersion, living in the world, exploring, roleplaying, talking to people, doing sidequests... Watching the world come to life.