Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "This is cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I often wondered if the people responsible for rating games bothered to play through the Honey Bee Inn sequence because one room has implied Cloud groping while the other room has implied Cloud...poking.
    And people want this game remade in modern graphics. Something they're not telling us?

I always tried to get Cait Sith to be the one to vocalise his reactions to the planetarium but it seems he's the one character who has no lines in it.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I often wondered if the people responsible for rating games bothered to play through the Honey Bee Inn sequence because one room has implied Cloud groping while the other room has implied Cloud...poking.
    And people want this game remade in modern graphics. Something they're not telling us?
    Yup. This is one of the reasons I personally think they are afraid to do the remake.

Incidentally the guy who originally brought that to my attention was openly gay. I imagine he wouldn't have minded, but he brought it up out of concern for those who would be less willing to see it :3

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I know AVALANCHE is meant to be all about eco terrorism and all of that business but the party really needs to stop for a second and realise they're putting their faith in a (dead) girl who let herself get stabbed in the back by Sephiroth. Surely you have to question the sanity of such a person. Though with Cloud at the helm, it really does explain a lot. Sephiroth is the real hero of FFVII for ensuring we didn't have to endure the inevitable retarded children Cloud and Aeris would have birthed.

Unless

that kid is Shuyin

who grows up to inspire Tidus

in some alternate smurfed up Square-is-trying-to-turn-a-profit time line

nah that's just the alcohol talking, smurf all that noise
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Oh yes, also the whole "Hey, Shin-ra's trying to collect Big Materia to stop Meteor, let's go stop them cause we remembered after 40 hours that we are an environmental themed terrorist organization who loves the Planet more than the Planet..." wait what?!
    That one was pretty good.

"Hey, Shinra is planning to launch a rocket loaded up with giant pieces of materia to destroy Meteor. We have to stop them!"

"Why?"

"Because they're Shinra and therefore evil obviously."

Right... Wouldn't want to let them try their plan with materia they already have in case we fail. No no, let's stop them so there's absolutely no backup plan especially when we don't even know our plan will actually work because it relies on the assumption that a dead ancient managed to summon some mythical magical spell before getting skewered.
    Actually, they didn't even know about Holy at the point they started doing this. Barret and Cid basically start the whole mission to stop Shin-Ra while Cloud was in "It's Zenogias" mode. So, it's much worse than them basically fighting for their plan. They didn't even have a plan, they just didn't want to give Shin-Ra the satisfaction of trying to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Actually, they didn't even know about Holy at the point they started doing this. Barret and Cid basically start the whole mission to stop Shin-Ra while Cloud was in "It's Zenogias" mode. So, it's much worse than them basically fighting for their plan. They didn't even have a plan, they just didn't want to give Shin-Ra the satisfaction of trying to save the world.
    I seem to remember it was because Cloud says that it would be disrespectful to the Materia or something crazy like that; I don't remember the exact dialogue but it has to do with the generations of ancient knowledge that's stored in the Huge Materia, and how they don't have the right to blow it up like that. Also Cid just wanted to get into space, even if it was just for a few minutes.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, but both reasoning's you give happen after you get Cloud back, so you should have two of the Huge Materia by then, and likewise, I feel the dangerous power of the Ancients is a small sacrifice to pay for saving the planet. The party only saves face because the player eventually learns that the Shin-Ra's plan will fail no matter what, but that doesn't really stop the player from realizing the party has no good reason to interfere with the plan initially. It would have worked better if the party dealt with Bugenhagen first and had the whole "Only Holy can stop Meteor" spiel, but that doesn't happen until after the party returns from space with the last of the Huge Materia. Even more comical, is how disappointed the party sounds when they watch the Shin-Ra's plan fail.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah, that's a really good point. So our heroes are actually just a bunch of dicks with ego problems and can't let anybody else do anything positive. Man, I almost expect them to like, flip out when Sister Ray is built. It's like they want to tear it down and build one themselves just so they can have the credit.

Speaking of Sister Ray, firing that at Diamond Weapon was pretty baller.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.