Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1525293031323334353637383940414555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

And that, my friends, is the comedy Manchester City that I've known and loved for so many years. I've missed you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As much as City were pretty bad, you can't take away from how awesome the Saints were tonight. They gave Utd a real game at Old Trafford and we were lucky to come away with all three points.

I'm beginning to believe...
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-09-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I'm beginning to believe...
    Are you going to be doing this trout going into the last day of the season? Do Man United fans dare to dream of finally securing the Premiership title...? is this their long awaited moment to shine? No, no of course not, they're only 28 points clear... but maybe... just maybe...

Take your false modesty and shove it up your arse. The title is yours again and nobody cares anymore

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Charming as always, Psy!

As a Utd fan, I would normally be a lot more confident. After last season though I'm taking nothing for granted.

Articles

You get to support a football team that wins titles, I get to be an arsehole in the football thread. That's how this works!

When the fabled Our Year occurs in 2058 and Liverpool reclaim the title that is rightfully ours I will be the friendliest fellow in all of football thread town should I somehow still be still alive.

Blog Entries

If the Swans finish this season ahead of Liverpool I promise that when I inevitably make admin I will move Psychotic into my own special usergroup where every viewable post written in the English language filters to an ASCII swan, and all he is able to post is 'Leon Britton?'

there was a picture here

Articles

In a break from your scheduled football thread trolling, I will make some actual analysis. Remember when I used to do that? That was fun.

You may all recall repeated instances where I've said Rodgers is not quite as good as Dalglish. I'll give him one thing though, he's somehow turned Downing, Henderson and Enrique from 2 or 3 out of 10 players into 6 or 7 out of 10 players. I say somehow. He's mastered the very difficult art of "Playing them in their actual positions" that King Kenny couldn't quite seem to grasp. Who knew that putting Henderson in the middle of the park and using Downing as a right winger would work? I don't quite know where the myth that Downing plays on the left comes from but I do wish Championship (refuse to use the new name) Manager and FIFA would stop it. Oh, and I don't have a smurfing clue how Rodgers fixed Enrique but respect.

In other news, I am predicting either a United win or more likely a score draw at the Bernabeau (too lazy to Google correct spelling). I reckon Phil Jones and Rafael are going to boss the smurf out of Ronaldo. Maybe Fergie will put Welbeck on the right wing to hunt him down too. United's three actual strikers all have goals in them and Jonny Evans, Lonny BoB's favourite all time player, is not bad. I don't really give a trout which team wins though, I'm sort of vaguely supporting Real out of principle but I just want a good game above all else. Also maybe I'm a loser but I am really looking forward to Alonso v Carrick most of all.

edit: smurf me. I think this is actually the most depressing Liverpool game I've seen in the past three years and believe you me I've seen some stinkers. This is probably even worse than the Oldham game. smurf a duck. I know "midtable team loses to other midtable team" doesn't sound bad but to put it in context, WBA didn't have an attempt on goal until the 80th minute.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think you have Jonny Evans confused with John O'Shea.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definitely a bit of a smash and grab last night from the Baggies. Ben Foster was outstanding though. Good to see one of our old boys doing so well... it's a bit of shame we don't have him at the minute. Though I still feel criticism towards De Gea is well over the top. If he had made the same mistake as Joe Hart did on Saturday then we wouldn't be hearing "it was a one-off" and "he's still world class"... nope, he'd be lambasted by every man and his dog.

Anyway, back to the game. Liverpool were very poor in the first half but definitely improved after the break. I did expect them to go on and win, especially considering the form of both teams. Considering how inconsistent Liverpool are, I thoroughly expect them to get a result at Zenit on Thursday!

A word on Wednesday's game. Not many teams get one over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu so like most Utd fans, I'd be happy to come away with a score draw. That's a good shout with the Carrick/Alonso match up. It's funny how a die-hard Liverpool fan can spot how good a season Carrick is having yet most United fans choose to ignore it. Though most of them only have eyes for RVP.

Everyone keeps saying how important it is to have your home leg second. When you consider that Real Madrid and Mourinho (on seperate occasions) have gone through after an Old Trafford second leg, it's not a given.

Also, anyone who thinks Juventus will come away with a win at Celtic Park tonight is absolutely bang on the money...
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think you have Jonny Evans confused with John O'Shea.
    John O'Shea is a bad player you think is good and Jonny Evans is a good player you think is bad.

Also yep, De Gea > Joe Hart by a country mile this season. For all the jibes he'll turn out to be very decent. And in terms of pure football ability I do love me some Michael Carrick I do. Would that our very own Welsh Xavi reach even half of his level.

Also also, I imagine we'll beat Zenit 5-0 in Russia then lose 6-0 at Anfield.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    John O'Shea is a bad player you think is good
    He's AMAZING.
    and Jonny Evans is a good player you think is bad.
    I think Jonny Evans is bad? Nah... perhaps I used to, but not so much anymore. I only used to think that because he had a massive tendency to get himself sent off (and it was always a stupid mistake and he always deserved it).

Also also, I imagine we'll beat Zenit 5-0 in Russia then lose 6-0 at Anfield.
    Be sure to chant some pro-gay and anti-racism chants. The more of you that turn up wearing rainbows, the better.

Articles

I know it isn't going to happen but I would genuinely love it if we signed Jonny Evans.

Also yeah, if only Justin Fashanu were still around. I'd love to let him loose on the smurfers.

EDIT: Liverpool are the first team in Europe's top five leagues this season to hit 500+ shots

...smurf me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, you tend to be quicker to rush in the shots when you're not winning and the minutes are ticking away.

Articles

I don't know if you think I was bragging about having so many shots but trust me I really wasn't.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I know. You didn't use the smug smiley, after all!