Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789132353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

I think with Drogba gone Chelsea would be stupid not to give him more chances to showcase what he really has, just think back to Bolton.
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Liverpool to win title next season, of course! but tbh I think we need more creativity in the midfield, and one other player up front. Carroll just never seem right to me.

Also, Man city will keep the title.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree that City now have the mental strength to win the title again. Probably at a canter this time round especially if Van Persie arrives at Eastlands.

I'm kind of hoping everyone in this thread predicts City to win the title. We all did so well in the Euro 2012 thread so let's keep it going.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

By the way everyone, Fantasy Football is up and running for the new season is you want to create your teams. I'll set up the thread in due course.

Arsenal apparently looking for 30m for Van Persie. I think only City could match that, although with 1 year left on his contract I think that's a little much, even if he is the player he is. Something like 15-20m sounds about right to me. Hope we can get him.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

tbh can't see any other outcome than United winning the league this season, purely because I do not think Red Nose will stand for what happened last season, especially the way it all went down on the final day. Whether it's steamrolling it or winning it by clawing and fighting to the last whistle I think United will do the business this season for sure, they'll find a way.

also WHY GOD VAN PERSIE JESUS CHRIST Spend our money on someone who is not Joleon Lescott for gods sake

As long as they keep pumping oil into Man City, and especially now that they've won a title, I have no doubt they are the team best positioned to win the title. Man U needs new faces, and I just don't think their current squad will do to compete with Man City. I don't think any one else has a shot at the title.

Man city would be the best place for RVP to go to; he knows the league and they are current champs, I think it's the obvious choice.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Can you tell me why City is a better place for RVP than just say Juve or United? Have a couple of bad games & he could end up like Santa Cruz or Adebayor (first stint). He has Aguero, Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko, & Ballotelli competing for places in a 4-5-1, while at the other two he would be a first starter week in week out.
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 07-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.

I think that city is the most solid team of the bunch. I think RVP stands a good shot at having a spot in the initial line up because I don't think Man City has a solid line up in the front. Dzeko has good chances of leaving City for AC Milan ((I've heard his representative gives it a 70% chance of making the move), Balotelli has great potential but he's not too reliable yet imo, needs to do a little more maturing, and I don't know how good the relationship between Teves and the Mancini has gotten, but if Mancini still wanted Tevez out, bringing in RVP right now would be a great way to fill up that gap, and specially with champions league tournament next season. This are just a lot of variables, but I think that it can happen, and RVP can adapt to the system, he already knows the league, with his talent and a bit of support from the other great players he'll have at City, I think he can shine and win the titles he wants with better chances than at either Man U or Juve.

I agree that Man U and Juve could both offer him a spot on the initial squad much easier than Man City, where he definitively has more competition, but RvP is as good or better than what Man City currently has.

That's just my point of view right now, being realistic, I think he'll go for United unless some one else shows up with another offer.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Yeah point taken. I can see Ballotelli getting more game time this season though. I agree that Tevez would be offloaded if RVP did come in.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by bubsy
    I'm kind of hoping everyone in this thread predicts City to win the title. We all did so well in the Euro 2012 thread so let's keep it going.
    Everyone predicted United to win last season... everyone apart from me

Some points on Van Persie:
    • RVP, whoever he plays for, will only play 18 league games. Did nobody notice how he flopped at the end of the season? At one point he scored one goal in about 9 games and it was a penalty. He looked utterly dead on his feet, and carried that over into the Euros. He will not be as good as he was last season.
    • If he is leaving Arsenal to win trophies, he should join Man City.
    • Unlike City, Man United don't have any strikers who can match him. I once heard Wayne Rooney described as "Either a 4/10 player or a 9/10 player" and it's a very accurate. Welbeck isn't the finished article and Chicharito disappointed last season. Berbatov... I don't get what Ferguson is doing with that, because I rate him as probably the highest of those four, but then Ferguson knows a smurfload more about football than me. My point, anyway, is yeah guaranteed starter at United.
    • Fantastic bit of business for Arsenal either way. And they already replaced him with Giroud and Podolski. I guess Arsene finally learned his lesson.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

All I can figure out from our current transfer policy is that United don't really give a rat's arse about defending next season. We have two fullbacks left in our ranks and although we have five central defenders, four are unlikely to start the season and the other is injury prone anyway. We've sent the third fullback we have out on loan for the entire season and have purchased Kagawa and Powell, both attacking midfielders, and have revealed interest in Van Persie and Lucas Moura, a forward and attacking winger/midfielder respectively.

Caution, wind, throw!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Van Persie will be this season's Torres. Calling it now. Great season followed by mediocre international performance followed by big money move. Followed by change in hair colour.

there was a picture here

Articles

FFXIV Character

Default Premiership Fantasy Football League - Season 12/13

Lets start on our teams for the new season people.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Do you think we should just stuff this in with the football thread like we did Euro 2012 fantasy football? We usually just ignore the hell out of this thread for 90% of the season!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Yeah I don't mind Psy, go ahead.