Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819233363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Blog Entries

BoB I lay the blame for that shambles firmly at your feet. I only heard it on the radio but it was clear that Everton were schooling us. Why the hell Leon Britton didn't start I will never know. Dyer you smurfing idiot.

Also Psybeans:

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Standards have really dropped at Lisburn Distillery lately. 3-0 to Glentoran? smurf me.

Didn't know this was supposed to be a slangging match I just like see wee paul get all defensive every now and then.

Speaking of Paul you know way more about the Irish League than anyone needs to. Also Cliftonville won so it's all good.

Articles

Think that was very harsh, and I am proud to be a supporter of this team. Going to leave it at that... other than to say Patrice Evra was the worst player in that game by some way

Feel free to hit me with whatever gloating you want!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I for one think our win was thoroughly deserved and we clearly outplayed you on every area of the pitch in every way.

EDIT: And all that despite the referee clearly favouring Liverpool at every turn, and giving into the overall very quiet Liverpool fans if they ever bothered to make a noise about something.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yea Anfield was about as Atmospheric as the DW Stadium today. 50 thousand scousers were walking alone...quietly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll be honest, I was more nervous about pre-kick off than I was about the actual game. I'm just relieved our fans behaved in the way I know they can.

In terms of the actual game, we were terrible today and if it wasn't for the extra man we would have been beaten. Though, I'll take any victory at Anfield. For some reason it makes it all the more sweet that we were outplayed.

Today was about more than football though and I'm glad everything was conducted in the best possible way.

I've only just woken up to see the scores, was going to put another bottom half league table up.... but think I'll just laugh to myself...

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    I've only just woken up to see the scores, was going to put another bottom half league table up.... but think I'll just laugh to myself...
    oh no why did the league have to end after 5 games I've never experienced relegation before, perhaps there is a fan of a yo yo club around here, like, say, West Ham, who could tell me how it feels. Perhaps they could also tell me how much losing the 2006 cup final hurt too while they're at it.

Man U fans get to mock me. You don't.

I will leave all the controversial calls alone. The ref, I thought, and very nearly every single commentator, writer, etc, agreed, had a very poor game overall but you can't leave it to the ref to decide the match. The team has to go out and win it. Man Utd, like they do, somehow stuck around, stuck around, and in the end, were in position to win it. The good teams do that. They take the opportunities presented to them and cash them in.

Full credit to most of the supporters in the stands today, as the pre-match was beautiful, haunting, up-lifting and dignified. Exactly what it needed to be.

Full credit to Steven Gerrard, who frankly, was the best player on the pitch all game long. His goal was fantastic. With the injury to Borini, I think the time has come to move him up the pitch again. Liverpool's biggest weakness is a lack of goals and with now just Suarez as our only senior striker, we need someone who can consistently score.

I also want to say, despite this result, I sense that something IS happening at Liverpool. The young players look like men instead of boys, not scared of the big event and now with injuries mounting and a serious lack of depth, more will be asked of them. Sterling is already established. Suso looked great. I love that Kelly is playing so well. Joe Allen continues to impress. I think chances will be given to Morgan and Wisdom in coming games too. We are clearly not going to contend for the title or even Top 4 this year. However this still could be a very good season for us in terms of setting ourselves up for the future. We are playing an aggressive, possession style of football and if we can bring in our youth quickly, we set ourselves up for years to come.

Better days are ahead.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    oh no why did the league have to end after 5 games I've never experienced relegation before, perhaps there is a fan of a yo yo club around here, like, say, West Ham, who could tell me how it feels. Perhaps they could also tell me how much losing the 2006 cup final hurt too while they're at it.

Man U fans get to mock me. You don't.
    Touché

On a side note, John Terry Quits international football...

Just seen a replay on MOTD of all the 'decisions'.

The sending off was as definate sending off. The United penalty was a definate penalty. Also Evans and Scholes got the ball for this supposed missed penalty for the Scousers. Dunno what all the tears and toys gettin chucked out the pram is about.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I thought Liverpool should have had a penalty. Anyway, I'm pleased with the draw at Man City.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"