Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26364041424344454647484950515256 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think England did exceptionally well against an organised and suprisingly effective San Marino team. This was always going to be a tough game but after the eighth goal went in... I fully believe England are now the finished article.

I see no reason to suspect we won't coast to World Cup glory in Brazil.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

8-0? DISGRACE. World Class England should've been in at least double figures. In Heaven, tears are rolling down Bobby Moore's cheeks.

FAO Editors of The Sun and Daily Mail: I'm available.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    A real kiwi would've taken it as Annual Leave or skipped/had half hour lunches to do it as TOIL.
    I think you have your sports confused.

EDIT: Either that or your nations.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

I know what your issue is, sir.

Manchester United: Successful. Loony BoB gives all kinds of smurfs.
    The All Blacks: Successful. Loony BoB cannot stop throwing smurfs at them.
    The All Whites: Bag of balls, only got into the World Cup because Australia smurfed off to Asia: Loony BoB, 2010 "UHHH NO I SUPPORT SPAIN ACTUALLY."

I'm onto you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can honestly say I had shivers watching that game last night. The majestic way in which England moved the ball across the pitch was a wonder to behold. There were 11 heroes out there last night. From the unpassable Joe Hart to the genius of Tom Cleverley and the ruthlessly clinical Wayne Rooney.

Though my highlight was two-goal messiah Jermaine Defoe. He will definitely be revered as a god after his performance. May he be rewarded by being fed fruit by a thousand whores before bathing in the tears of small children.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I was more referring to you suggesting that a true Kiwi would have done everything they could to watch what most Kiwis would refer to as a 'game of soccer'.

EDIT: I think the America's Cup might be watched by more New Zealanders, although I'm a little out of touch with how they view yachting at the moment having not been in NZ for a good eleven years. Will have to ask Hannah (NZ'er who moved to Scotland in the past six months and now works opposite me, small world ). I know soccer was popular amongst kids when I was there, so you never know...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Ireland got a 0-0 away to Sweden. Great result but we really can't hit a barn door with a football. We had a couple of chances to take the game but what happened? Zero shots on target.

We need a win at home to Austria or I believe this WC campaign will come to an end, which is sad because Brazil 2014 needs a drunken Irishman such as myself out there to chat up gullible Brazilian women. "Aren't you Robbie Keane?"

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quite looking forward to the Montenegro game. I looked them up on Wikipedia and they're ranked in the middle twenties (lol FIFA rankings. They're about 45th in the ELO). I remember them being surprisingly good. They only have a population of about 600, 000. Must be a candidate for best ranking to population ratio.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Yeah Montenegro lost in a playoff to qualify for Euro 2012, and have a decent chance of another playoff spot this time even if they lose to England. They've made a lot of progress pretty quickly.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

Their first choice forwards are probably better than England's! Oh ...and we're using our 5th choices in defence. Should be a laugh!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    which is sad because Brazil 2014 needs a drunken Irishman such as myself out there to chat up gullible Brazilian women. "Aren't you Robbie Keane?"
    I'm sorry but I'm disappointed in you all, especially you Paul. Why am I the only one to stop and revel in the mental imagery of our beautiful Donal steaming into a Brazilian bar, jumping up on the counter and doing the cartwheel forward roll and watching ever pair of panties in the room drop. "Take me home with you Keano!"

Ireland must make it to the world cup. If this doesn't come to fruition it will be the worst missed opportunity for glory in the history of forever.

Articles

Gotta see this Keano.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Haha xD Completely sold on that one. And who would say no to drunken, sunburnt pastey white skin man (ha) with an Irish accent that is if possible, more difficult to understand with a few in you than normally? No one! If it works here it can work anywhere.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

The mighty Montenegro fight back against England. They're a decent team considering they only started playing in competitive games in 2008 and their population of under a million. England really do seem lost when it comes to knowing what to do with a one goal lead.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

So do Ireland. We invited Austria onto us for the entire second half. That stoppage time equaliser was a real kick in the balls.