Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 434444849505152535455565758596064 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Rafa Chelsea is the best Chelsea. With Terry and Lampard dumped to the bench I quite like them actually.

Also I don't know what Balotelli you know, Towns, but he has been sent off for violent conduct (stamp on Parker, elbow on Skrtel etc) a hell of a lot more than Suarez has. I don't even think Suarez has been sent off in England yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Sent off or not, I'd say racism and biting are worse than an elbow and a stamp. Pretty sure Suarez has stamped, too, hasn't he?

Either way, Balotelli wasn't loved for his entertainment of stamping and elbowing, he was loved for his less hostile antics. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.

And credit where credit is due, Rafa putting Terry on the bench is a wonderful thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

I can't comment on racism as I have no idea whatsoever how being racially abused might feel. As for it being worse than stamping or elbows, well, let me put it this way: Scott Parker and Skrtel both had to leave the field for treatment. Ivanovic looked more utterly confused than hurt.

Here's a lovely article: http://www.football365.com/john-nich...173/Johnny-Nic

The bite was utter smurfing comedy and I won't hear anything else. So ridiculous, so childish, so pointless and there was no smurfing reason whatsoever for doing it. Absolute genius. PFA Player of the Century, imho.

Mind you, I remember when some of you lot thought Zidane's headbutt was the worst thing ever and I described it as comedy of the highest form, so maybe this sort of thing just amuses me

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Don't get me wrong, I still find Suarez's bite hilarious, we were laughing about it all day.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

It was a bit weird seeing Souness going mad over the incident yesterday, as some have pointed out, he was a lunatic when he was a player, he even broke someone's jaw once by punching them.

Anyway, Man Utd stuck by Cantona, and in the same way Liverpool will stick by Suarez.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It was touch and go, but we scraped across the line.

Blog Entries

And the whole nation (apart from a few Londoners) yawns.

there was a picture here

I'm just happy they didn't clinch it at the Emirates; that might have actually been slightly upsetting. And at least United were genuinely really good this year, and didn't win the league just because nobody else bothered to show up (this happened, but United would have topped the table anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Still remember the glory days of Smackdown on the PS2 with created wrestler Jens Lehmann and his ultimate finishing move, the big shove. hell yes.
    brb
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I put more effort into crafting his kit than any other CAW I ever made as well, usually it was just a case of RANDOM TROUSERS AND BOOTS but then Jens, full on went ham with his goalkeepers outfit, got the O2 sponsership and everything. then putting him in like a fatal four way match and storing up 5 finishers and just unleashing hell on every one, SHOVE! SHOVE! SHOVE! run out of opponents then SHOVE THE REFEREE! It was unholy carnage.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It makes me sad that I can't remember the last time I played a wrestling game. Are they better than ever at the moment, or are the old school variants still king?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

well J just bought wwe 12 about a week after I got here and it's pretty much the same thing except with better graphics, updated roster and a wider variety of matches. haven't touched story mode or any of that, but the gameplay is essentially exactly the same. I can't decide if my favourite thing I've done so far in it is powerbombing his girlfriend off the top of a hell in the cell that made her scream, or the time we did a 2 player royal rumble with our CAW's working together the entire time, and storing up a finishing move for when we got down to the last 3, walking over and standing behind James as he eliminated the last guy and promptly turning around into an RKO and being thrown out. He said later that he didn't even contemplate the idea of me backstabbing him once, that he'd been envisioning the two of us meeting in the middle of the ring as the last two left and having a clash for the ages. I said that he ought to know me better than that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    well J just bought wwe 12 about a week after I got here and it's pretty much the same thing except with better graphics, updated roster and a wider variety of matches. haven't touched story mode or any of that, but the gameplay is essentially exactly the same. I can't decide if my favourite thing I've done so far in it is powerbombing his girlfriend off the top of a hell in the cell that made her scream, or the time we did a 2 player royal rumble with our CAW's working together the entire time, and storing up a finishing move for when we got down to the last 3, walking over and standing behind James as he eliminated the last guy and promptly turning around into an RKO and being thrown out. He said later that he didn't even contemplate the idea of me backstabbing him once, that he'd been envisioning the two of us meeting in the middle of the ring as the last two left and having a clash for the ages. I said that he ought to know me better than that.
    I seem to remember you doing something very similar to me once. Or twice. Or more often. I knew you would do it, but I was never quick enough. xD

Articles

The wall of my partition at work looks slightly different today.

In case you're wondering, the top right one is this. Oh, and yes Dan, the person you think might be responsible for this is entirely responsible. Well, she printed them out and left them on my desk. I'm the one who put them up, pride of place!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well that game was...interesting.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

It's been a god damn hilarious week for football.