Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 114151555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh man, Lukaku was such a beast for me in Football Manager 2010 (I think it was that one). He seriously stomped all over everyone, won me so many cups.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I was never worried, honest. Now I'm off to be sick somewhere.

Spurs - try again next season
    Arsenal - try maybe buying a few more players this summer?

But for now, phew!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Oh man, Lukaku was such a beast for me in Football Manager 2010 (I think it was that one). He seriously stomped all over everyone, won me so many cups.
    The beast just beasted you! 5-5, how ridiculous xD

Goodbye, Carra. A true legend. While he wasn't as cultured as the likes of Ferdinand or Ledley King, the man's footballing brain and intelligence more than made up for that extra yard of pace. I can remember him as a fresh faced kid. And I remember him screaming on the turf in Istanbul in pain due to cramp after throwing himself in front of the ball yet again.... and then once he had gotten up, he proceeded to hurl himself in front of the ball again. "Stop it you psychopath we need you!" was my thought. Absolute warrior of a man.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Well. Newcastle stayed up but that last match, great first half but the second, man... What does Pardew do, tell the players to roll over, lay deep and let the opposition's attack in?
    If there's anyone better who would take up the job I would welcome them in Alan Pardew's steed but if there's anyone going who I really think would take the job if Mike Ashley had the gall to sack him, I doubt things.

Its really Sad to see Steve Harper go, 199 games and he's still a much better goalkeeper than Rob Elliot is.
    The applause in the 37th minute and his reaction just showed how much passion and dedication he's had to Newcastle. 20 years, most of it playing the waiting game because Shay Given took a huff everytime he got benched.

I hope he comes back as a coach or something.
    As for next season? Teach Cisse the offside rule, someone. SOMEONE.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Blog Entries

Just in case anyone cares...

OFFICIAL /EOFF/ FANTASY FOOTBALL 2012/13 POWER RANKINGS

1. Brazilian Sugarkids 2138
    2. FC Redemption 2022
    3. Generic Name CF 1926
    4. Earth, Wind and Dire 1832
    5. Yankee Dudeles 1817
    6. Donal's Donut Dust 1781
    7. Big Andy's Ponytail 1777
    8. BoB's Bunch 740

One worse than last season for me. Thinking of retiring as it is becoming clear only one person is ever going to win this

there was a picture here

I just hope Liverpool can make a challenge for at least a champions league spot. Honestly, this last few years have been pretty sad. I keep thinking "we've got a good team, good young players coming up it's just a matter of time." It'll be really sad to see Gerrard retire without one last title.

And here's hoping Suarez. . . idk, I just don't understand that guy.

And good bye Ferguson, Beckham and Rooney(?).

Any one watch Italian football?

Bit of a dull season to be honest, but I suppose it was never going to be able to match last year for excitement. Hopefully the managerial shuffle will make things a bit more unpredictable next time. And hopefully Gareth Bale gets sold to Anzhi or something so I can start laughing at Spurs again.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

You mean you're not laughing at them already? I know I was yesterday.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I registered for Fantasy Football? xD Ahahaha. My bad.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I was more relieved than anything at the time, but it is kind of funny, now you mention it.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Just in case anyone cares...
    I care. When I win I care and want you all to care.

What keeps me going throughout the year is having other leagues with mates to keep me active. I might miss the odd gameweek but I still come back to it!

I agree with Cz. This year has been from a neutral perspective the most uneventful season of recent memory. It was great to see United get the title back but there was always that little niggling feeling that we had won it and it was almost over before we knew we had it, so it was a bit of an anti climax. All that had to play for on the last day was 4th spot. Last season everything was to play for and had dramatic results. It was strange playing games having already won the title. Our 5 all with West Brom was like, who cares? None of the players really cared or the fans.

In Europe it was also disappointing. A German final might entertain some but not me really. I've seen them play already this season and it was very cagey, and having already seen them its lost some of its 'spectacle' appeal. I'm not even going to get started on Nani's red card but the English teams in general not doing well made the whole thing boring for me.

Some other lows included Man City not making a challenge for the title, the relegation battle, Suarez, Rooney wanting to leave, and some others I'm probably not thinking of.

Some highs for me included obviously United winning the league, Fergie & Scholes getting a great send-off, RVP, Carrick, De Gea, and some of the matches were great to watch. Uniteds 2-3's at City, Southampton, & Chelsea, among others.

As for next season, it will be fascinating. United will have a new manager with money to spend with his own ideas. Same with Mourinho at Chelsea, with reportedly 100M to spend, as with City under Pelligreni. Arsenal are ready to splash a bit finally & you can never count out Spurs. Liverpool will be the dark horses as I think things are starting to click there. Finished the season strong and will further strengthen in the summer.

Last but not least, thank you Fergie for all the memories!

Whoever wins the European Cup this year, it'll be vastly preferable to last year's winners.

And Suarez a low? The guy creates endless entertainment!

Think Chelsea or City will win the league next year unless we buy big. United fans may need to put up with one or 2 years transition. In the mid noughties we went through similar.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I am not happy with the two apparent pieces of transfer news relating to Liverpool FC today.

Kolo Toure on a free makes me think he's going to have some very high wage demands, and that's only bringing back memories of Joe Cole. As for Big Andy... my heart has broken inside.

On the bright side: HAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHHA smurf OFF PULIS YOU KNOB

Blog Entries

Sly fiver on Malky Mckay to Stoke. Hopefully both them and Cardiff will go down next season.