Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 333434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'll stick with 13. Just going on a theory of repeat offences = Extra games missed.
    Ahhhh that was in Holland, that makes it okay.

Also personally I am expecting him to somehow handball a goal while kicking an orphan in the face and racially abusing someone simultaneously.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So, like... grabbing a racially different orphan baby and swinging it like a bat in order to score a goal? Is that how that works? I dunno. I think he should come up with something different. Maybe he'll do a PiP and whip his cock out. Or crack out a anti-semitic t-shirt when celebrating a goal. There's gotta be some different tactic he could come up with.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Walking dead.jpg

Couldn't resist...
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Doing the rounds now:

The Fangs Favourite.

13/2 with Ladbrokes for player of the year - certainly worth a nibble.

Liverpool are nothing without Suarez, he really gives them added bite.

Six game ban for biting and a further nine games for discriminating and not biting a black player.

Luis Suárez praised by Liverpool manager for his 'amazing appetite' - my favourite of the lot.

Ivanovic's arm is the only taste of Champions League football Suarez will have with Liverpool.

Disgraceful. Luis Suarez is not being fed enough. Just £2 a month can get enough for him to stop eating footballers #foodforsuarez

At least Suarez has now tasted Champions League success.

No excuse for Suarez's bite but at least it wasn't on Lampard. He'd have been too bloated to equalise.

Concern for Branislav Ivanovic this evening, as Luis Suarez is spotted leaving Anfield with a doggy bag.

etc, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    'Controversial XI'
    Harald Schumacher

Vinnie Jones ----- John Terry ----- Pepe ----- Marco Materazzi

Cristiano Ronaldo -- Roy Keane ---- Joey Barton --- Diego Maradona

Eric Cantona ---- Luis Suarez

there was a picture here

Show me where in the rules it says you can't bite a chunk out of a guy's arm. Cheers for the draw Luis, let me pay for dessert.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I really cannot stand Suarez. I was watching a sports news piece on it and they were interviewing some Liverpool fans who were all like "Oh, but he didn't mean to" and "He didn't actually bite him see, he went to bite him but didn't actually clamp down".

Oh look, Celtic won the SPL again. Didn't even notice. Shows how dull Scottish football has gone.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

To be fair, they probably just picked the fans who said stuff like that that. They are hardly going to say 'yeah sack him' anyway, he's by miles their best player.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

The fact that he's their best player makes it all the more annoying for me because he's worth something to them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I really cannot stand Suarez.
    You just don't understand.

Football is entertainment. Pure and simple. Good and bad. Suarez is the most entertaining player in the Premier League by a long way. Mazy dribbles, sublime finishes, and biting the smurf out of people. Only Balotelli could compete, and the press forced him out. Luis Suarez is a hero and you should be eternally grateful to him for his crazy antics.

Luis Suarez's antics are entertaining but listening to people debate/justify them is not. The bite makes a for fantastic gif but if this means the next six weeks are spent talking about what a Bad Man he is instead of what a Bad Team Chelsea are then I'll count it as a net loss.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I prefer Ronaldo's form of entertainment to Suarez's, personally, but we do need a Bellamy, a Barton or a Suarez once in a while, if only to remind the world of what happens when you smurf up.

Balotelli, though. He's on another level. He doesn't resort to biting other players. I wouldn't compare the two... one is pure entertainment on and off the pitch, the other is controversial.

Admittedly it is kind of hilarious and eventually you do have to laugh after seeing that gif so many times, because the guy is a genuine battrout insane nutjob. But I'd prefer the Jose/Balotelli kind of stuff. I don't know who we have for that kind of thing these days... I mean, is there anyone at all? If Crystal Palace come up, we'll at least have Holloway's ranting and raving. Nobody else in the league that comes to mind right now, though. Bring Back Jose so I can hate Chelsea again.

Basically there's a fine balance between being a lovable rogue and a horrible jerk and that balance is Jens Lehmann.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Ah comedy Jens what a hero. The only acceptable Arsenal Player since Ian Wright. The time he ran all the way to the corner flag just to shove Ronaldo over and then trot back to his goal despite everyone else in the game being at Uniteds goal for a corner is still my favourite ever FA cup memory. at least I think it was the FA cup. it was some sort of cup. But who cares, Jens shoved Ronaldo right the smurf over. Still remember the glory days of Smackdown on the PS2 with created wrestler Jens Lehmann and his ultimate finishing move, the big shove. hell yes.

Also;

Quote Originally Posted by lonny towns
    Bring Back Jose so I can hate Chelsea again
    So the fact that they are a bunch of racist assholes, with the worst set of fans, the worst track record for troutting on managers, the worst owner and the fact that they have John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard isn't enough reason to hate Chelsea already? But bringing back a comical manager who is very good at what he does and also quite funny with the media is grounds to push them over the edge into hate territory? You're a strange one Towns.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lonny towns
    Bring Back Jose so I can hate Chelsea again
    So the fact that they are a bunch of racist assholes, with the worst set of fans, the worst track record for troutting on managers, the worst owner and the fact that they have John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard isn't enough reason to hate Chelsea already? But bringing back a comical manager who is very good at what he does and also quite funny with the media is grounds to push them over the edge into hate territory? You're a strange one Towns.
    I don't like them in any way, don't get me wrong (those three you mentioned in particular) but they haven't been challenging us for the title so the hatred has kind of just... gone. I used to detest Chelsea because they were wankers that would beat us, and there is nothing worse than being beaten to titles by a bunch of absolute wankers. With their unbeaten runs under Jose, it kind of all got emphasised and I really, really didn't like them. What's worse than Terry/Cole/Lampard? Terry/Cole/Lampard/Robben/Drogba beating you to Premier League titles, that's what. Seriously hated those guys so much.

These days I just don't like them, and that's about it. They're wankers, but not wankers that beat us to trophies on a regular basis. There was that one CL success recently, and I really really really wanted Terry to not get his medal or to be allowed on the pitch, but somehow he managed to act like it was all him anyway. Urgh. Pillock.

Try as I might to hate City, I just don't hate them... well, not yet, anyway. So that leaves me with no team I hate, and that's just boring. City don't have those specific players that you can't stand watching win - perhaps Tevez could be seen as the exception to that for me (Barry/Milner at a push). But I have a lot of respect for Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure and Kompany, for example. If they got Suarez at City, I might get towards hating them. >=P

Anyway, the reason Jose would make me hate Chelsea again is because he'd probably have them winning trophies again. I like Jose, but I don't have to like his teams or the fact that they win.