Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9394953545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

On the plus side, at least six years isn't as long as Pardew's eight.

He'll do a decent job I think. I don't judge a coach on trophies alone, that's as idiotic as judging a player on trophies alone. Depends who he's managed. He done the best anyone could at a club with no money.

Would I have preferred a big name? Probably but that's not really how united work. No quick fixes or sentimental appointments. The long game is always thought of.

You're not seeing the big picture guys. United getting Moyes means they're also going to sign Marouane Fellaini, and United with Fellaini is a team Rolf Harris could manage to back-to-back trebles from his prison cell.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

laudrup in the betting for everton job

i am ready to go nuclear

first psychotic now heath, what is wrong with you scousers and your obsession with south wales

there was a picture here

I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
    It's a shame Ferguson didn't go out with a last UCL.

This must of course have been discussed already, but I think Bayern will win the UCL against Dortmund and I don't see how Guardiola will add much to the team, at least in the first season or two.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    laudrup in the betting for everton job

i am ready to go nuclear

first psychotic now heath, what is wrong with you scousers and your obsession with south wales
    let's team up, you and I, as we once did in the days of Lee Trundle, and conspire to make Mark Hughes their manager.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

It's the FA Cup final tomorrow!

*watches tumbleweed roll past*

Will Wigan manage a shock of Wimbledon in 1988/Coventry in 1987/Sunderland in 1973 proportions? No. Well OK, they might (and I would love it if they did) but I'll be amazed if they win. This game has 1-0 or 4-0 Manchester City written all over it. And if City win they and Chelsea will have won six of the last seven finals.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default I guess what this thread needs is an Everton fan...

Sup. Posting this from my phone as currently without Internet at home.

I think a lot of what has been said in this thread exposes a degree of ignorance about Moyes. Having followed Everton closely throughout his tenure I'd say I'm reasonably able to pass judgement on his reign.

I think Moyes has done an excellent job with transfers. Look at the profits on Lescott, Arteta and the prices we'd get on Baines, Fellaini, Coleman or Jagielka if we sold them. Look at the squad Moyes inherited from Walter Smith which had Paul Gascoigne and David Ginola in it,  all way past their prime,  and look at Everton now. He snapped up Nigel Martyn on a free, who single handedly stopped us getting relegated in 2003/04

Psy points to Yakubu and Bilyaletdinov as expensive failures. Look up how many goals Yakubu scored in his first season with us. I believe it was 22 until he got injured. And frankly what manager hasn't got expensive failures?

Moyes was certainly culpable of rather dour football initially but we have played some excellent football the past three years or so, now that he has painstakingly assembled one on a shoestring budget. I think you can criticise him for saving the draw rather than gambling for a win, which has been our downfall this season. Look up that Steven Gerrard quote after the Goodison derby that I posted. Moyes is nowhere near as dull as people suggest.

Re: league position vs a cup. I would love a cup. But more than that I want an Everton that can be fitting of its history. Would a League Cup achieve that?  No. Would taking us to the CL? Yes. An FA Cup wouldn't get us a lot of money that we desperate need or new owners willing to invest, but consistent European football might. We've had decent cup runs. A few semis, but an FA Cup Final under Moyes.

More generally, do you guys remember what a joke we were pre-Moyes in the PL? We stayed up on goal difference. Twice! Every year was a perpetual relegation battle. For Everton fans to be hoping for CL football, on our budget, is a grreat testament to Moyes' ability.

I think Moyes is a great choice for United. I'm sad to see him leave Everton because I know we will struggle to replace him, and I shudder at the thought of "Everton manager, Mark Hughes." However I'm happy for Moyes because I think he deserves this, a chance to run a club that will back him financially. For all the criticisms of Moyes, the main thing he's guilty of is raising expectations at Everton, and making it much easier to be an Everton fan. SAF is probably the toughest of all acts to follow, but given time I think Moyes can be a success there too.
    Last edited by Heath; 05-11-2013 at 08:53 AM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I was wrong! Hooray!

Now please lose on Tuesday Wigan.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

aAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Result! Now, if only they can stay up and those Geordie big-heads (and bellies) can get relegated.

Articles

Good on them. Fantastic to see a club like that get some silverware.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Oh wow, Wigan...
    Still hope they go down though.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles
    Blog Entries

Totally didn't call that FA cup final result. I'm glad though, as I always root for the underdog. Holy hell was I surprised though.

I was hoping for the underdog wigan to win too, but I didn't actually think that it would happen. I'm glad for them, but I don't think they'll be able to hold on to the Premier League.