Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famous People

Blog Entries

Default Famous People

Im not sure if this has been brought up yet or not but have you ever met anyone famous?

I have met the band Flaw, Shinya and Toshiya from Dir en Grey, accidently bumped into Bruce Campbell at a comic convention, Brad and Tori from the real world
    (They came into the Mcdonalds i work at(i think thats what their names were lol) Saw Nelly at a local bowling alley one night but didnt get a chance to say hi or anything (lot of security that night), and Dwayne Wade (he graduated from my Highschool a few years before i went there but he did come in once for a visit and just happend to walk into my gym class and shook hands with everyone)

How about you?
    Last edited by Miss Lady Shelly; 06-27-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelled name wrong.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not anyone I would consider famous, just some bands, a few comedians, and a few others.

I am however related to some famous people.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty boss that you got to meet Shinya and Toshiya. I've only seem them in concert. And Bruce Campbell is a blunt, funny guy. My friend met him at NY Comic Con a few years back. He was doing a panel for something.

I've seen various celebrities, but I assume you mean met as in actually talk to? In that case only three. Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Josh Brolin who was a bro so fitting name.

EDIT: Actually spoke to more...Amy Sedaris, Shane Dawson, Queen Latifah, and Allen Hughes.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Ernie Hudson at a comic con before. Nice, relaxed guy. I also had Edward Furlong (John Connor from Terminator 2) begrudgingly shake my hand when I caught him outside smoking at a different comic con.

I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing, but the event closed before I could make it up to him in line. However, my dad was present, knew I was going to get screwed out of meeting him, and got the man to sign a book for me anyway (and personalize it, which was against the rules)!

On a less famous scale, I met both Mike and Jay from Red Letter Media (the guys behind the Plinkett Star Wars: Phantom Menace reviews). A friend of mine who was with me had their interest a bit because he told the RLM guys that he used to work with Rich Evans (the guy who plays the "other Plinkett" in the Half in the Bag series) at a grocery store.

Also, another friend of mine met the Nostalgia Critic while working at a Starbucks. The Critic lives just north of where I live, so I knew it was a matter of time before me or someone else I knew would run into that guy!

I think that about covers it for me!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing
    He sang the entire book?!

Never really been in to Marilyn Manson but that's impressive!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Pretty boss that you got to meet Shinya and Toshiya. I've only seem them in concert. And Bruce Campbell is a blunt, funny guy. My friend met him at NY Comic Con a few years back. He was doing a panel for something.

I've seen various celebrities, but I assume you mean met as in actually talk to? In that case only three. Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Josh Brolin who was a bro so fitting name.

EDIT: Actually spoke to more...Amy Sedaris, Shane Dawson, Queen Latifah, and Allen Hughes.
    Dir en Grey had a cd signing at one of their concerts thats how that one happend they spoke good english but with a very heavy accent of course they also were very nice.

lol when i told people about the Bruce thing they said you should have asked him to see his boom stick lol that would have been funny.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I take it back, I did meet Rick Perry once, but it was a walk by shake hands thing.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Dad was the voice of Uncle Bulgaria in the hit UK BBC children's TV series 'The Wombles'.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I shook Bruce Springsteen's hand before. My sister had a drink with Bono, the lucky girl.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've met Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever of Coheed and Cambria. They're famous to me. Otherwise, nobody I knew of.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've met Rise Against, All Shall Perish, and Between the Buried and Me at meet and greets. I've met Tucker Max at the premiere of his movie, and I've met Maddox at a book signing and again at Comic-Con. I met Wilmer Valderrama and Jeremy Piven at Comic-Con.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing
    He sang the entire book?!

Never really been in to Marilyn Manson but that's impressive!
    That's what I get for typing that at work at the tail end of break in a rush! I am going to leave the typo because it is funny.

I briefly met Bill Burr after a comedy show while I was in LA. He spent a good portion of his routine making fun of one of the people I was with (for good reason). Afterwards we chatted for a bit and I shook his hand.

Pretty nice guy for an angry comedian.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've met Anne Rice, Adam 12 from She Wants Revenge a couple of times and Voltaire several times. I've never just accidentally bumped into a celebrity or anything before, though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

When I was a little kid I met George Takei. Also Margot Kidder went through my checkout line once when I was working at Target back in the day. As did James Horner, actually.

I've "seen" quite a few actors but never talked to them. Dennis Quaid, Michael Keaton, and Bill Pullman come to mind.