Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes & Villians Mafia XXII Game Thread: Day 3

Batman, I don't want to upset you, but I have to ask if you're going to be the sharp, needling, and interrogative type of person? I think I saw you doing your thing in full glory yesterday, and we like everybody to be their best, but what has it gained us recently? You might think Thor is your enemy, but now you made him look like a friendly power role, and there's good and bad with that. Good, because he looks good, but bad because he might die and bad because you look like a mafia scum I once knew, let's call her Cranky Cathy. Cranky Cathy was good at her job, mind you, but she was good at being mafia. What I'm trying to say is that maybe being Cranky Cathy isn't your scene, you know? You're hurting you, you're hurting Thor, and you're hurting us, the town.

Thor, I don't know what role you're rolling, but until you're on the chopping block, maybe you should hush up about it. No sense bringing it up if it doesn't have to be. Maybe other people will want to know more, and I personally would like to know too, but you should save the specifics for when it's needed. Sure, it might exonerate you if we all believe you to be the Cop/Doctor/Guitar Hero, but then the mafia knows exactly which role you are and that helps them. Heck, this all might be a lark and you're as vanilla as ice cream, but I don't want to know that either. The only thing you can use to help your case is what we're all using right now: your noggin. You give some insights and help the talk along, and we'll get a lot more use out of a possible power role than a lynch.

Oh I don't think Thor is my enemy. I had to save Thor's life, Hulk. Can you see how I did that? I hope you can. I can't talk about how until after the game or else it won't work. The mafia won't target Thor now

You might note I have made a helpful distraction for the mafia while saving Thor's life, for neither Thor nor I are mafia and so it will help them to focus on the incident as long as possible. Who has been taking advantage of my helpful distraction? That's the tree you need to shake, so to speak.

Iron Man, I want to hear more out of you than vague threats. Threats are no way to treat others, not without good proof, not this early, and actually not never. Saying you think Batman and Thor are spazzes for whom you're looking to vote only tells mafia what angle they need to play. Instead of helping mafia with threatening declaratives, perhaps you might want to share your thoughts on theories already put out or suggest some of your own. Your input so far has been, shall we say, disappointing. We all need to be builders, Iron Man, and I want to see you build a great building of a case instead of running willy nilly with a bulldozer.

Thank you, Batman, that is a beautiful response. I don't think Thor's life saved yet, but I do see your perspective. I agree, Thor has become a little more safe due to the Batman, if he agrees to keep his peace. You keep shaking trees and knocking loose rotten fruit.

Sorry's in advance, I gotta go. Keep up this lively discussion and I will be back as time allows. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and I'm sure we can do it, I believe in all of us, but especially you.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Thank you for intervening Psy, I was busy sewing a pillow.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Batman View Post
    Oh I don't think Thor is my enemy. I had to save Thor's life, Hulk. Can you see how I did that? I hope you can. I can't talk about how until after the game or else it won't work. The mafia won't target Thor now

You might note I have made a helpful distraction for the mafia while saving Thor's life, for neither Thor nor I are mafia and so it will help them to focus on the incident as long as possible. Who has been taking advantage of my helpful distraction? That's the tree you need to shake, so to speak.
    I just... what? You bold green texted some stuff and that means you saved him? Saying "Hey guys I'm a distraction for the mafia." In public, for all mafia to see doesn't quite make you a distraction.

If you're talking about how you saved his life, how they wont target him... that sounds kind of like a possible role hint-age. Otherwise, besides you running in with capslocked green text, I fail to see how you "saved" him. You roleclaimed all silly-like, doesn't mean he's saved from his claiming, it just means you both role claimed silly-like.

Also, haha you guys got yelled at.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hulk View Post
    Iron Man, I want to hear more out of you than vague threats. Threats are no way to treat others, not without good proof, not this early, and actually not never. Saying you think Batman and Thor are spazzes for whom you're looking to vote only tells mafia what angle they need to play. Instead of helping mafia with threatening declaratives, perhaps you might want to share your thoughts on theories already put out or suggest some of your own. Your input so far has been, shall we say, disappointing. We all need to be builders, Iron Man, and I want to see you build a great building of a case instead of running willy nilly with a bulldozer.
    Nobody has done anything besides spam and roleplay. There's nothing to talk about. Maybe Day 0 isn't such a good thing after all.

Wake me when the game starts.

Didn't realize there were extra pages. Whoops!

You guys need to chill. I know this is Day 1. However, this is going to be a long game if you guys insist on acting all crazy and stuff; if so, you're not to be trusted. If you can't give input without making yourself as suspicous as possible, you can't be relied on. If you wanna work with the town, be clear, concise and easy to understand. If not, then you can't be of any help to the town. And if you're going to be vitriolic to each other for any reason, then we might as well give up. Oh, and don't roleclaim so quick and needlessly. Real or not, the roleclaimer annihilates credibility, killing earnest roleclaiming the individual later brings up in their defense.

Geez guys, that was some serious crap I just waded through! How are we ever going to figure out who is Mafia if we are too busy pointing out each others poor gaming skills? That's only going to get us all killed. I think it's time we got down to the business of flushing out scum and stop with the finger pointing about role claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack's Crotch View Post
    Thank you for intervening Psy, I was busy sewing a pillow.
    Everyone could take a page from Zach's Crotch and learn to thank people. Thanks for showing courtesy, Zach's Crotch, it's what saves us from being savages and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bane View Post
    I just... what? You bold green texted some stuff and that means you saved him? Saying "Hey guys I'm a distraction for the mafia." In public, for all mafia to see doesn't quite make you a distraction.

If you're talking about how you saved his life, how they wont target him... that sounds kind of like a possible role hint-age. Otherwise, besides you running in with capslocked green text, I fail to see how you "saved" him. You roleclaimed all silly-like, doesn't mean he's saved from his claiming, it just means you both role claimed silly-like.

Also, haha you guys got yelled at.
    Bane, if Thor is in the limelight like this, the mafia might target him for a night kill but the doctor knows who to target as well. Thor might be a power role so they might really want to get rid of him, so not killing him is a bad idea. Not killing him, though, opens up the possibility that he's mafia for not dying at night, and the town might lynch him on suspicious grounds, doing the mafia's work. So the doctor is going to protect Thor tonight most likely, and it does not matter if the mafia target Thor or not, he's not dying tonight. Tomorrow, though, Thor might be, as they say in uncouth countries, boned.

Bane, quote for me where Batman roleclaimed. I didn't see it, honey, and I apologize for asking. Maybe I misread somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Iron Man View Post
    Nobody has done anything besides spam and roleplay. There's nothing to talk about. Maybe Day 0 isn't such a good thing after all.

Wake me when the game starts.
    Hey, hey, wake up, Iron Man, the game has started. The game plays even if you refuse to see it or refuse to make it worthwhile for the town. You can clam up and claim there's nothing to work at, or you roll up your sleeves and start planting because this garden does not grow on its own. Maybe you are new and do not know the harder everyone plays on Day 1, the easier it is to start sussing out the baddies in later days. Day 0's, mind you, are useless for town because there are no good consequences, but Day 1's are when people start tallying your votes and looking at motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Flash View Post
    Didn't realize there were extra pages. Whoops!

You guys need to chill. I know this is Day 1. However, this is going to be a long game if you guys insist on acting all crazy and stuff; if so, you're not to be trusted. If you can't give input without making yourself as suspicous as possible, you can't be relied on. If you wanna work with the town, be clear, concise and easy to understand. If not, then you can't be of any help to the town. And if you're going to be vitriolic to each other for any reason, then we might as well give up. Oh, and don't roleclaim so quick and needlessly. Real or not, the roleclaimer annihilates credibility, killing earnest roleclaiming the individual later brings up in their defense.
    Flash here is totally right on the dot. Give him a gold star or lightning bolt or something, somebody. I'd hope he'd have more than good manners too, though, so I hope he has something to add to the suspect pool.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lex Luthor View Post
    Geez guys, that was some serious crap I just waded through! How are we ever going to figure out who is Mafia if we are too busy pointing out each others poor gaming skills? That's only going to get us all killed. I think it's time we got down to the business of flushing out scum and stop with the finger pointing about role claiming.
    Oh, Lex, you too are getting hung up on not contributing. You're posting, but not sharing ideas or taking an argument anywhere. Psychotic already settled the hubbub, so why not talk business? I hear that's your specialty.

Our two top contenders for the rope are Thor and Batman. How are we feeling about these fellas, guys? I don't like the binary choice, so how scummy do you think either have been? In my gut, I only get a small scum reading from one. Who're our idlers, because suddenly I want to fish for better suspects.

Aw man, shucks, I don't think either of them deserve the vote.

You're right, I didn't contribute anything, because everything narrowed down to Thor and Batman's satirical comments about each other and not much else. However, I am here to discuss it now, so if you want talk it out I'm all ears. I think are big time talkers are Thor (who seems to have left in a huff), Batman (who seems to like to antagonize Thor), Captain America (mostly supporting Batman in antagonizing Thor). Wonder Woman was active at the beginning of the day but she didn't say much of anything. Iron Man and the Flash stopped by to tell everyone to chill. Bane came in and teased the group, I came home and read the thread and was at a loss as to what to say at all and then there are your comments. I can only guess that most everyone else reacted the same way as I did when they read the thread and they are just waiting for a real discussion to begins.