Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes & Villians Mafia XXII Game Thread: Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Superman View Post
    Aw man, shucks, I don't think either of them deserve the vote.
    Ah, ha the blue boy has arrived! You don't believe that either deserve the vote? Why?

Thanks for the compliment, Hulk.

No one has done anything suspicious enough to warrant my vote yet, though.

Lex, thanks for your ten cents, because we need everything everybody gots if we're going to raise this town up and wipe it of mafia. Everyone, may Lex serve to be your fabulous example, and know you can do it too.

I'd like to agree about Captain America, who came in to help fan fires, but did not really serve toward the greater good. Wonder Woman leaves much to be desired, sexist innuendo not included, but I can't say she's tried to rock the boat much. Really, I'd better get back to looking at the idling list. Superman, a timely welcome to the fold. Have a brownie, have a seat, and say something.

A glance tells us we're waiting to hear from:

[M] Spiderman
    [M] Wolverine
    [M] Joker
    [M] Ra's al Ghul
    [M] Loki
    [M] Venom
    [M] Doctor Doom

which is a long list. Since most were active Day 0, I expect we'll see them long before Day 1 is over. Not to be a raincloud, Galactus, but when is Day 1 over? I didn't see a time limit for it.

Two people I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting and greeting are Joker and Ra's al Ghul. Please do not lay low, if all the other trees grow tall and strong, what sunlight will help you blossom into the wonderful players you are?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

At work. Talk later. Seagulling after that.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lex Luthor View Post
    You're right, I didn't contribute anything, because everything narrowed down to Thor and Batman's satirical comments about each other and not much else. However, I am here to discuss it now, so if you want talk it out I'm all ears. I think are big time talkers are Thor (who seems to have left in a huff), Batman (who seems to like to antagonize Thor), Captain America (mostly supporting Batman in antagonizing Thor). Wonder Woman was active at the beginning of the day but she didn't say much of anything. Iron Man and the Flash stopped by to tell everyone to chill. Bane came in and teased the group, I came home and read the thread and was at a loss as to what to say at all and then there are your comments. I can only guess that most everyone else reacted the same way as I did when they read the thread and they are just waiting for a real discussion to begins.
    First of all, I want to say that I about completely agree what you had to say. Next, I want to say that I find it amusing that Hulk is the least likeliest of all the superheroes to actually want to start a serious discussion out of all of us. Usually, I would expect him to get easily angry and talk rubbish in all caps while not making one damn sense. To that, I must congratulate the player on playing a smart game.

Now that I have that done, I want to say that I initially wanted to stop this fighting amongst Thor, Captain America, and Batsies before Psychotic had to intervene, but it wouldn't be a great idea to step in and would have given me a bad look had I done so. Not that I could do anything about it, but from my point of observation, it appears that Batsie and Captain America were both trying to get Thor to accidentally reveal his role. Now, I'm not claiming that they are scum, but this seems to be a tactic that is uncommonly used which could aid mafia more than it would the town. But what would I know about that? It's just what I'm getting from it so far.

Gonna sleep, then work, see you guys a long time from now. Play nice.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I go to sleep so I can get up for work & somebody goes & gets themselves a mod warning? Remember people it's just a game so try to have fun without launching personal attacks on each other. And anybody who find themselves losing their sh*t over the comments another player makes about the way you play you should take time to remember you're losing your sh*t over a game.

To answer Hulk's question this day will last 24 hours. Roughly 15 1/2 hours left

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Bane, quote for me where Batman roleclaimed. I didn't see it, honey, and I apologize for asking. Maybe I misread somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Batman View Post
    No sorry Thor does not get to dodge this.

##daykill: Thor

Not exactly a roleclaim persay but still a "daykill" claim, insinuating that they have a role that kills during the daylight hours. If they were being serious or not doesn't mean it didn't happen. Of course, nothing did happen with that vote.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Hulk View Post

Bane, if Thor is in the limelight like this, the mafia might target him for a night kill but the doctor knows who to target as well. Thor might be a power role so they might really want to get rid of him, so not killing him is a bad idea. Not killing him, though, opens up the possibility that he's mafia for not dying at night, and the town might lynch him on suspicious grounds, doing the mafia's work. So the doctor is going to protect Thor tonight most likely, and it does not matter if the mafia target Thor or not, he's not dying tonight. Tomorrow, though, Thor might be, as they say in uncouth countries, boned.
    I didn't get the feeling he had a power role as apparently others did. To me it just seemed the player tried to roleplay, horribly failing at that, and Batsie jumped on it. I don't think he's in the limelight at all besides you all saying he's in the limelight. Besides his horrible roleplaying, which many of you have failed at by the way, he hasn't done anything overtly suspicious for me as of yet. People started poking at Thor's roleplaying and he poked back, albeit getting into some name calling about it. Mafia games cause people to have tempers, I know I've had them before with this game. Some just know how to handle it better. Nothing Thor said was a big red flag to me, it was more of a "i'm angry that you're all putting baseless accusations on me" reaction.

Batsie only saved Thor after pushing him in front of the bus to begin with. Ergo, I don't see Batsie as actually saving anyone. Meaning, I don't think this limelight issue is really needed. Why would a doctor need to protect Thor? When if the mafia did kill Thor tonight, everyone pointing the finger would look suspicious, particularly batsie, that maybe is a save from batsie. And if they kill someone else that possibly targeted Thor, then Thor looks suspicious! If they make the batsie move, that is so very obvious of them. Let's think that by 22 games of this, that mafia wont be that obvious. It would be a smart move, but an obvious one for us veterans.

As of right now, I don't think either Thor or Batman are all that suspicious besides talking a lot. I just think they are equally distracting the town.

What the smurf is a chupacabra anyway?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Google images says it's this

chupawitness.jpg

Are you trying to suggest that Thor is not a God but a Chupacabra? THAT THING?! Wow, so he's not even norse! He's mexican!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Iron Man View Post
    Nobody has done anything besides spam and roleplay. There's nothing to talk about. Maybe Day 0 isn't such a good thing after all.

Wake me when the game starts.
    Hey, hey, wake up, Iron Man, the game has started. The game plays even if you refuse to see it or refuse to make it worthwhile for the town. You can clam up and claim there's nothing to work at, or you roll up your sleeves and start planting because this garden does not grow on its own. Maybe you are new and do not know the harder everyone plays on Day 1, the easier it is to start sussing out the baddies in later days. Day 0's, mind you, are useless for town because there are no good consequences, but Day 1's are when people start tallying your votes and looking at motivations.
    Day 2 is when people start looking at votes, because nobody has really voted for anything yet because we didn't know if the vote consequence would be good or bad yesterday. Today is when the votes start to be worth something. When everyone votes today (and they should, even if they aren't sure who is scum, Rock The Vote and all that), we'll have something to go on tomorrow.

Also I said "wake me" semi-literally. I went to bed after that post. :P

Our two top contenders for the rope are Thor and Batman. How are we feeling about these fellas, guys? I don't like the binary choice, so how scummy do you think either have been? In my gut, I only get a small scum reading from one. Who're our idlers, because suddenly I want to fish for better suspects.
    It's possible Thor is a Jester, and it's his goal to get lynched. I don't think that's the case for Batman.

Thor and Batman's shenanigans are the only thing I can think of that might even sort of be worth commenting on.

Thor and Batman's shenanigans are the only thing I can think of that might even sort of be worth commenting on.
    The Thor-Batman debacle is of no importance by itself; it is in the reactions of others that we must find our evidence.

Now, what is your favorite color? There's a point to this.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Batman View Post
    The Thor-Batman debacle is of no importance by itself; it is in the reactions of others that we must find our evidence.

Now, what is your favorite color? There's a point to this.
    I like the colour green as its the colour of joy and mucous!

I agree that Thor was probably just being silly, and it turned badly. I'm less suspicious of Batman than I am Captain America, as I feel like Captain America was antagonizing Thor...but just to the point where people still took more notice of what Batman was saying.