Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122232737 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes & Villians Mafia XXII Game Thread: Day 3

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Captain America View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much prejudice against people who are playing for the first time. It's my first time playing and I am having a grand old time and I think you are all being stinky for moaning about people who are playing for the first time. Even I was scared the first time I stepped into the 8 sided circle. So what if it's Batman's first time playing as well, old Brucie is a smart lad he will pick things up quickly enough. Look how far he's come from the days of PAFF! WHAPP! and so on. I think Iron Man needs to put down the bottle and look at the world from a sober perspective.
    Welcome to Mafia. It gets better. I promise.

I dislike this notion of you taking credit for this recent activity in the game, Iron Man. It's only happening now because the players are returning from having a thing called a life. Ever heard of it? I'm sure you have. This is not the result of your voting just because you had to.

Of course people can act suspiciously on Day 1. People get assigned their roles before the game starts, not on Night 1. The mafia tend to be more cautious about accusations, getting attention onto themselves and contributing anything that can be traced back to them. It's basic psychology. We all do it when we're mafia. If you pick up those subtle cues, put a little bit of pressure on someone, you can start to see patterns forming. (Which is what I am doing right now!)

Don't make me do the "Yes but in Mafia 48272, Joe caught a mafia on day 1!" business because so help me god I will. And nobody wants that.

To say nothing on day 1 - a day where you have acted in a suspicious manner - can be held against anyone speaks for itself my friend.

Incidentally, Iron Man, since I voted for you you've:

• Accused me of being new
    • Accused me of freaking out
    • Accused me of being a nuisance

Given that none of this is remotely true, I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to deflect things, and give up on your ad hominem strategy.

Trying to criticise me personally is not going to give you any reward. I've made some good points against you - including this post - and they're not just going to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wonder Woman View Post
    I dislike this notion of you taking credit for this recent activity in the game, Iron Man. It's only happening now because the players are returning from having a thing called a life. Ever heard of it? I'm sure you have. This is not the result of your voting just because you had to.
    Considering hardly anything happened all day, including yesterday evening IRL when this game day started, and almost everything said since my vote spawned either from my vote or discussions that were spawned from my vote, yeah, I feel pretty good about taking credit for getting the ball rolling.

Also, people were posting nonsense right up until this afternoon, so unless everyone's day job is from like 2 to 6 PM, "life" probably didn't have as much to do with the lack of activity after that as you might think.

Time zones, dear Iron Man.

Also, why so serious, Batman?

Listen, you feel I wasn't justified in voting for you? Okay, then. Yesterday you and Captain America were being very antagonistic. And smurf, I dunno, it's Day 1 and we don't have much to go on.

Fine, I will concede to you that your vote sparked sudden discussion, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wolverine View Post
    Also, why so serious, Batman?
    YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

also why does everyone who votes for me say "Oh it's Day 1 and therefore we can't do anything productive as we have not much to go on!!"? I'm giving you plenty to go on. It's the people who aren't you should worry about

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Wonder Woman View Post
    Fine, I will concede to you that your vote sparked sudden discussion, but that's about it.
    Well that's all I was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Captain America View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much prejudice against people who are playing for the first time. It's my first time playing and I am having a grand old time and I think you are all being stinky for moaning about people who are playing for the first time. Even I was scared the first time I stepped into the 8 sided circle. So what if it's Batman's first time playing as well, old Brucie is a smart lad he will pick things up quickly enough. Look how far he's come from the days of PAFF! WHAPP! and so on. I think Iron Man needs to put down the bottle and look at the world from a sober perspective.
    You're admitting to this being your first time? I really don't think so. You assume that saying this isn't your first time won't get you a vote, because everyone will assume you're a townie?

This, and your shenanigans with Batman yesterday...

##unvote
    ##vote: Captain America

Well Brucie if we're supposed to be going after people that aren't giving us much of anything to go on then apart from the people who haven't posted doesn't that make Galactus the biggest suspect? All he has done so far is make a couple of posts hinting that he'd like to get the shield off my arm if you know what I mean. He hasn't really contributed anything noteworthy other than that or made many posts which from what I can gather is the single most important thing in mafia games to proving you are not a mafia. Should I vote for him? I think I will.

##Vote Galactus

Sorry darling, even though I kind of like you too, you're the most dangerous one here by the mafia logic Brucie and Iron Man have shown to me so far. Maybe in the next life we can be together i'll never forget you oh my god i can't take it this is so hard

My god, America, you're right. You've blown this whole case wide open.

Wait what now I'm confused! Saying this is your first time playing mafia means you're trying to be a mafia convincing everyone that you're a townie? So does that mean that Brucie and Iron Man accusing each other of being new players is hidden mafia-game code for "this guy is a mafia and not a townie so vote for him!!!"? This game is too confusing!

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that me saying this is my first time playing is some kind of strategy to protect myself from a vote? I am not trying to be snarky this is a geniune question on the game of mafia and how "this is my first time playing" translates into "HO HO HO DON'T VOTE FOR ME PLEASE I AM CLEARLY A TOWNIE/MAFIA/DONKEY" or whatever, god I can't even make sense of your train of thought. SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS FOR ME I AM THE CAPTAIN OF AMERICA I AM NOT GOOD AT THINKING THINGS THROUGH CAN I JUST HIT THIS THREAD WITH A TANK

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Captain america, you make me laugh, the very idea that there are enough materials in your galaxy to make a noose big enough to hang me along with a sufficient source of gravity is laughable. Votecount.
    Wolverine (0)-
    Batman (1)- Iron Man
    Iron man (2)- batman, Wonder Woman
    captain america (1)- wolverine

Let's just say that we're all first time players to end all this confusion.

Because, technically, it is our first time playing Mafia this year, isn't it?