Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Newsroom

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I need to watch this show, Del Murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Overall, I like the show. It is full of preachiness which at times is unbearable, but it is entertaining. Well, until the latest episode, which was just intolerably bad. It was absolutely nothing except for a tribute to bin Laden's death, which was frustratingly vapid even as it was happening. Even Maggie, who I can generally count on for a laugh, is just starting to get old. I don't know how anyone dislikes Charlie, though. Crazy, bow-tied Sam Waterston is great.

Minor nitpick: I found it mildly amusing that a show critical about lying in the news so flagrantly lied about the Citizens United decision (it did NOT allow corporations to "donate unlimited amounts of money to any political candidate without anyone knowing where the money was coming from"), and ignored the legitimate criticisms of it in favor of pulling a Glenn Beck-style "FOLLOW THE MONEY!" to trace the funding of amicus briefs, of all the ridiculous non-issues to get worked up about. But at least they only discussed it briefly to take another shot at the Koch brothers. It's also disappointing to see the show even weighing in on one of the most asinine left vs. right political debates: who is more evil, George Soros or the Koch brothers?