Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new Spider-Man Movie

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    A reboot for Spiderman seems almost as unnecessary as The Incredible Hulk though.
    I have to disagree with you on this because apparently in six more films the Hulk will be portrayed by Mark smurfing Ruffalo, and that is something I can get behind because he was an amazing Bruce Banner.

But this is a thread about Spider-man, so.

I prefer my Hulk of the Norton variety. I will not watch Avengers ever...and that's part of the reason.
    This is just daft - you're not even going to watch a fantastic movie partially because Edward Norton fell out with a film studio? And if you hadn't heard, Mark Ruffalo (a very good actor) is great in The Avengers.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    A reboot for Spiderman seems almost as unnecessary as The Incredible Hulk though.
    I have to disagree with you on this because apparently in six more films the Hulk will be portrayed by Mark smurfing Ruffalo, and that is something I can get behind because he was an amazing Bruce Banner.

But this is a thread about Spider-man, so.

I prefer my Hulk of the Norton variety. I will not watch Avengers ever...and that's part of the reason.
    This is just daft - you're not even going to watch a fantastic movie partially because Edward Norton fell out with a film studio? And if you hadn't heard, Mark Ruffalo (a very good actor) is great in The Avengers.
    I said that was part of it.

No, I'm not going to watch The Avengers because I think it looks stupid, and the only superhero I like from that movie is Thor. I did like the Hulk when played by Edward Norton. But I really can't stand Mark Ruffalo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Yeah, I can see how it looks stupid and, say, The Amazing Spider-Man does not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Amazing Spiderman doesn't look stupid to me. It just looks boring.

Which begs the question, are there any of these comic book movies that you like?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I do, actually.

Just because I am not interested in two entries into a genre doesn't mean I dislike the whole genre.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh please, Sam. This is coming from the girl who religiously loves the cruddy dubbed version of sailor moon.

The Avengers is awesome merely cause Joss Weadon did it. The man who created Buffy, Angel, Firefly! It's a very funny movie and not seeing it because Norton isn't in it is silly. How can you say you dislike any of the films if you haven't seen it? That's like saying orange juice is disgusting even though you've never drank it. It just looks so ORANGE. Maybe i'm just of the opinion that you need to watch/read/listen to whatever before you form a baseless opinion on it. I have sat through the Twilight movies for this reason, and read the book. If I don't like something, I need a good reason not a flippant one like "it looks dumb."

I almost went and saw this movie the other night but my friend decided we needed to see Ted instead. I was happy not to spend the extra cash on 3D. So whatev. I'll eventually see this movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay, everyone in this thread needs to learn to read.

A. I did not say that I wouldn't see The Avengers ONLY because Norton wasn't in it. Christ.

B. I never said I KNEW I wouldn't like the movie. Only that it looks stupid, and therefore I have no interest in seeing it. I think smurfing anything with Kristin Stewart looks horrible too, but I don't have to go see it to know that I don't want to see it.

And I am perfectly aware the dubbed version of Sailor Moon is awful.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Obviously you can't read either because I addressed both your points of it looks dumb and ed norton. Sooooooo

Adventureland and Into the Wild are both pretty good, and both have Kristin Stewart. Just saying.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wow Tifa's Boobs you didn't go to see The Avengers because Ed Norton is in it? Well he's not actually in it so you can probably go watch it...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So, Freya, you're saying unless I actually go see something, I'm not allowed to say I don't want to see something, because I think it looks bad? That's dumb.

I just don't see the point in spending money or time in something I'm not interested in. Why am I not interested in it? Because I think it looks stupid, yes. I never said the movie was actually stupid. I haven't seen it, and I probably never will. But if someone asks me why I don't want to see it, I'll say why.

It's the same as me saying that the new Spiderman looks really boring to me, and I have no interest in seeing it, although I grew up on Spiderman crap.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yes that's exactly what i'm saying. I'm saying you cannot chime in on how something is good or bad if you have no experience with it. It's why they say people who don't vote in the elections have no right to complain about the president.

Your "why" is baseless and flippant. It reminds me of a kid not doing something just cause. "I don't wanna play with jimmy, he wears tall socks when he wears shorts. What a weirdo." Your reasoning is merely cosmetic. THAT'S my point. If you don't want to see it then don't see it. But coming in here all "it looks dumb" or "it looks boring" is just you voicing your glib opinion. So shoo shoo!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw The Amazing Spiderman last Friday night & thought it was a lot better than even Spiderman 2 from the previous trilogy. Marc Webb's interpretation & Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spiderman reminds me of the 90's cartoon I grew up watching & loved. Glad I watched it in 2D thought because the 3D was annoying during the Avengers.

If you want some advice Tifa's Boobs, go see both. Avengers is worth it for the laugh alone & Spiderman just to erase the ills of the previous trilogy from your brain. Not going purely based on "how they look" means you're missing on 2 solid superheros films. But I get the feeling there is an element of "oh just can't be arsed" in not wanting to see them & you're entitled to do that, god knows I've not gone to a few movies for the same reason.
    Last edited by Shattered Dreamer; 07-10-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Marc Webb's interpretation & Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spiderman reminds me of the 90's cartoon I grew up watching & loved..
    That's the best endorsement I've seen yet.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum