Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new Spider-Man Movie

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    I saw The Amazing Spiderman last Friday night & thought it was.
    I saw, therefore it was
    an existential review by Shattered Dreamer

Did I post about this yet? It was a decent flick. The lizard is kind of meh as a villain because he loses all semblance of his character before the transformation, but other than that I liked it.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    I saw The Amazing Spiderman last Friday night & thought it was.
    I saw, therefore it was
    an existential review by Shattered Dreamer

Did I post about this yet? It was a decent flick. The lizard is kind of meh as a villain because he loses all semblance of his character before the transformation, but other than that I liked it.
    The above quote shows I really shouldn't be posting on EoFF when I'm at work

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Half in the Bag: The Amazing Spider-Man |

Even though that review disagrees with my opinion, I felt like they made great points. WARNING: Swearing included. Also, if you don't watch the show regularly, you won't get the opening or ending sketch, but they don't take long. If you have a decent chunk of time to spare, give the review a watch! It had me laughing pretty hard at various points.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just saw this movie yesterday, and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with it. As what was said in the first post in this thread, I will have to agree. I do have to say that I still enjoyed the movie, and I love the Stan Lee cameo, (SPOILER)minding his own business listening to classical music while Spider-man and Lizard fight and cause a big mess in the school library. I hope if there is to be a sequel to this (as expected), it will do better.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Didn't mind it, thought it was good fun. The relationship between Peter and Gwen was kind of weird at times because I think he was almost too much of a dork, but I cannot believe how happy I was to see the typical "problem" that Spiderman faces (not being able to share his identity with anyone) overcome early and his whole (SPOILER)the best kinds of promises are the ones you break. It was just a nice change and so while there were a few little things that irked me throughout, I overall liked this "cooler" Spiderman.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I haven't been able to get hardly any work done today with a headache, so I think I'm going to take tonight off to go see this. As much as I love Spider-Man and I thought the original series was mostly terrible, I do think it's too soon for a reboot. However, overall the movie looks much more promising than the last series, so I'm going to try to keep an open mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I went in with fairly middling expectations, but this movie is pretty fantastic. It's unfortunate that its proximity to the earlier crappy trilogy has put off so many people, because this was far above and beyond the last series. True, it's not a Batman & Robin to Batman Begins difference, but it's a major improvement. Better Spider-Man, better acting, and much, much better writing.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Lizard. Sure, he doesn't have the comic book history of other villains, but he was very well done in this movie. His story was a little cramped, but that's pretty much my complaint with every movie. It's tough to cram things into a 2 hour story.

I like how they got rid of some of the campier parts of the origin story. Like the wrestling gig. And I thought that Ben's death was handled great. And most importantly, Peter made his own web shooters. No more of that web randomly coming out of his wrists. That was so stupid.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I have no desire to see this film.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Have also watched this movie and Like to get the characters and Story so much..

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

it was ok

however

(SPOILER) american working men helping spiderman by moving their rigs onto the street, with an american flag backdropped somewhere in there; i thought this was gone after the last trilogy but i guess not. i'm all for community involvement but did this really help anyone.

also,

"HE'S NOT ALONE." SHOTGUN SHOT

i just
    i grimaced

other than that i really liked the chemistry between andrew and emma, i guess they are dating irl? so that prob helped. the style was better, and there were many tips of the hat to various other films, but i felt the writing took a hit in the second half (and i liked the first half just fine).

i am hoping this will be the batman begins for this series

i like garfield much better as parker, but the stuttering nerves could be toned down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I have no desire to see this film.

I really loved this movie. I'll agree it's no Batman Begins, but it's still damn good.

Theres a few plot points that are just awkwardly dropped, but nothing big. Probably the stupidest thing was the Crane Scene near the end. That's up there with Superman spinning the world backwards to reverse time.

But it's one scene, I'll let it slide.

If they gave the movie like, 15 more minutes virtually ever problem could have been fixed. A bit more story on Lizard and a couple brief scenes to handle some of the dropped plot points, and BAM!

But yes, the fact Parker is actually smack talking the whole fight immediately makes this movie better. His quick wit even comes up in the fights constantly.

Spider man was never one of the stronger super heros, and really most of his remembered villains are more powerful. Spiderman wins his fight because he's a planner and quick on his feet. He can adjust to situations on the fly, using his wits to out due his opponents.

This movie clearly builds Lizard as the more powerful of the two, by a good gap. Yet Parker getting the better of him is believable because of this.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree with, well, basically everyone else that has ever seen the movie that the crane scene was unbearably stupid and corny. Whoever wrote that part should be shot. But nothing comes close to Superman reversing time by making the Earth spin backwards.

Blog Entries

Is it better or worse than Spiderman 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I agree with, well, basically everyone else that has ever seen the movie that the crane scene was unbearably stupid and corny. Whoever wrote that part should be shot. But nothing comes close to Superman reversing time by making the Earth spin backwards.
    Okay, the superman moment is clearly worse, but this movie makes a damn good effort.

(SPOILER)I mean come on, within 1 minute the entirety of the New York City Crane operating force manage to get to their cranes, get briefed on what to do, and then put the cranes in place. This is tit you'd have to call in a guy like the Flash to do.

Edit: It's way better then Spiderman 3.