Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The new Spider-Man Movie

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The movie overall is legitimately good, and significantly better than the last trilogy. Anyone who enjoys Spider-Man but just refuses to see this movie on some sort of principle is only missing out.

Blog Entries

I won't see it because I really don't care about superheroes in general.

Well, then stay the hell away from this movie.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I prefer my Hulk of the Norton variety. I will not watch Avengers ever...and that's part of the reason.
    I just keep finding more and more about you that sucks.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

S'alright. I enjoyed it, which was more than I was expecting from it.

Although, I was forever unnerved by how the Lizard looked like a goomba taken right from the Super Mario Bros. Movie. Deeply, deeply distracting.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I didn't get why Dr Connor goes from argh must stop that buy from experimenting on vets to argh must turn everyone to argh must save peter parker.

Andrew Garfield did an amazing job though as well as Emma stone. This was a far better movie than the other ones.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I didn't get why Dr Connor goes from argh must stop that buy from experimenting on vets to argh must turn everyone to argh must save peter parker.
    That crap made him go crazy. Just like the mouse who became a monster and ate the other one.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It was better than I thought it would be, I quite enjoyed it. It was good fun! I thought the villain was a little bit ehhh and lacking in true calculating menace, but it wasn't terrible. Definitely better than the previous trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    This movie wins for having the only Stan Lee cameo in the history of Stan Lee cameos that didn't make me want to reach into the screen and strangle him.
    I liked his cameo as Hef in Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    (SPOILER)
    Seriously? an alarm where you have to input a 5 digit code then pull the alarm?
    Probably a building high-tech enough that real emergencies would be auto-detected and set off alarms by default.

Tifa's Boobs, Shorty, DMKA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    A reboot for Spiderman seems almost as unnecessary as The Incredible Hulk though.
    I have to disagree with you on this because Mark smurfing Ruffalo was an amazing Bruce Banner.
    I prefer my Hulk of the Norton variety. I will not watch Avengers ever...and that's part of the reason.

DM: Hulk was not good.
    Shorty: Mark Ruffalo is okay. I will continue to watch six more Hulk films because I like Hulk, but I'll be totally content if Ruffalo gets replaced.
    Boobs: Norton was also my favorite Hulk. But watch Avengers... or Hulk will smash you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The Lizard was never my fave Spidey villain but the movie does try to build up Norman Osborne in the background, so I am really looking forward to the next film.
    I agree with that sentiment. Lizard was never a particularly appealing villain. I would even prefer Shocker or Scorpion over the Lizard, he's that bad. Norman Osborne got some promising buildup? That's awesome. I haven't seen this film. Flipped a coin between this and Total Recall. Came up heads for Spidey. I went to Total Recall anyway.
    You know what? I never saw Batman Begins in theater either. No regrets. I own it and it's good, but not enough IMO to see in theater. I went and saw both sequels though and I'll likely repeat this process with Amazing.