Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Plot Dino says, "Read the walk through."

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Plot Dino says, "Read the walk through."

This is a silly fun walkthrough meant to be entertaining and not such a serious sally walkthrough. It’ll also be slightly interactive but we’ll get to that part when we come to it. There will be images and scary dinos so don’t be frightened! I hope to cover a lot of well everything! It’s all meant for fun though so don’t be jerkfaces . The walkthrough will progress as I play it and have your input on it! (which is really just what their names will be and who will be in the party and anything else I decide. ) There will be tips along with screenshots so you might actually learn something! SO ENJOY!

Game mechanics:

Okay so you picked up this game but you know smurf all about FF’s for some strange reason. So let’s go over the basics of it.

Spoiler cut if you frankly don't care about my crazy basic explanations

It’s an ATB type system. ATB is active time battle. This means that there is a pretty little bar that fills up until it hits the money spot. When it’s full you can attack! See simple. The same bar is used for Trance, which is a super omigawd thing you’ll learn about as you play. With trance instead of filling up it decreases with your turns in trance. There is the Active battle mode and the Wait battle mode. Active is when the characters just go when they have the chance and Wait is well, they wait till they can go. We’ll be using Active cause we’re bamfs like that.

There are the simple things like HP which is your health and MP which is your magic! This isn’t hard to understand right? Certain characters have certain moves. Pretty much they come down to magical and physical moves. When it’s a magic attack or one that uses MP, each spell has a number next to it. This number represents how much MP it will cost to use. And that should be self explanatory; you can only use however much MP you have!

There are two types of skills in IX; action and support. Action is summons, magic and weapon skills and support is well things like status effects and what not. You get these from items/equipment! When you get an item you equip it and you go to well your abilities. You have a certain amount of magic stone points you can assign. As you battle you get AP (ability points). If you have certain abilities assigned with the Magic stone points then your AP will be going to each thing you have selected. When you fill it up you’ll learn it permanently. Always remember to learn it permanently before you unequip whatever it is that has the ability if you wanna keep it. The AP goes to the support, the ones you have to assign, and the action ones. So you don’t have to worry about placing the points yourself. As you level up you get more points to assign more things! See not so hard. You’ll get the hang of it I’m sure.

Another fun thing about this game? We’re going back to having 4 characters fight in our battles! Fun times will be had!

You got all that? OK moving on.

Status aliments:

So this is the stuff that effects you in battle. LEARN IT!

Auto-Life – You automatically come back if you die!
    Berserk – You get all strong-like but you have no control over the character. They just attack things.
    Confuse- You can’t control the character
    Darkness – They are blinded! They can’t really make attacks hit home.
    Float – Well… they float? Earth things can’t hurt them
    Freeze – They are frozen in a block of ICE! If they are attacked they shatter and are KO’d instantly. You can’t revive them or anything just POOF gone for the rest of the battle.
    Haste – this makes your ATB fill up faster.
    Heat – This is why they’re hot, this is why they’re hot. If they do any action they die.
    KO – They die.
    Mini – Honey you shrunk the characters! Ok i'll admit that was lame. Attack and defense go down but look how cute you are!
    Petrify – You turn to stone! If hit sometimes they shatter and are lost for the rest of the battle
    Poison – HP decreases over time.
    Protect – Defense is raised! YAY!
    Reflect – You get to play ping pong with magic. If someone has this on than a spell will fly back to the caster.
    Regen - HP slowly restores overtime.
    Shell – Magic Defense is raised! YAY!
    Silence – You can’t cast any magical attacks
    Slow - ATB gauge slowly fills up
    Stop – You no longer can do any action on the character.
    Trouble – When attacked, it also hits your other party members.
    Vanish – Can’t be seen! Or hurt physically. You gotta pew pew them with lasers
    Venom - No EXP & AP earned after battle & character can't move.
    Virus - No EXP & AP earned after battle
    Zombie – If you heal them it’ll hurt them D: Items or skills.

Elements:
    Pretty much in every RPG ever made ever they have this thing so well here.

Fire>Ice
    Ice>Fire
    Thunder>Water
    Water>Fire
    Earth>Wind
    Wind>Earth
    Holy>Shadow
    Shadow>Holy

Get it? Got it? Good.

ATE and Moogles:

ATE is Active time event. This is like mini cutscenes. You can skip some but others you have to watch. It’s all fun, so watch them if you want! Unless you’re going for Excalibur II then don’t worry about them.

Moogles are the save points in this game.

They also have this thing called Mognet! Mognet is pretty much a really long side quest. It’s kinda entertaining to see what the moogles write to each other cause guess what! You’re delivery boy! Thought you got out of that pizza job huh? The moogles in this game are probably the most entertaining out of any of the games so you might want to pay attention.

Field:
    When in the field you get “!” or “?” marks. This means, “holy crap something is right there I’m so excited and questioning my existence at the same time!” There will be a world map to access much like many older games. You’ll eventually have a few modes of transportation throughout the game. You can travel by foot, chocobo, ship and airship. You’ll just have to progress the game to get everything!

Ok that’s our basics I think…. For now. I’m not going to go into items and weapons really right now. I’ll address certain things as we come to them like mini games and what not. Who knows we might get some help.

Characters:
    Who are our leading ladies so far? (I’ll update this with info and what not as we progress)

Pierre

Our main character Zidane, or Pierre in our case, is a thief! He can steal things and he has thievery skills. These come in handy throughout the entire game. Many creatures and bosses have some very unique items on them. He can use daggers or butterfly swords. He also tends to wear the leather type things. He can’t wear the heavy metals since he’s far from being a headbanger.

Chansey

WHITE MAGE!

Thunder

It's Vivi/Thunder! He's a black mage. This means he can use magics. Pew pew lasers. He tends tow ear cloth items and pew pew at things.

Irontoe

[u]Benard[u]

Blue mage loser face. Who is a HE!

Walkthrough of happy fun time:

So you decided to play FF IX! Good choice. Well best choice, some EoFFers may say! The game begins with a lovely FMV. You get to see some hot boat action, some hot pole action and even some hot bird action. Great stuff.

Theater Ship:
    So here we are, on a creaky airship, all dark and mysterious. So un-named tail boy what do you do? "Light the candle in the middle of the room!" Yeah don't listen to the screen yet. It lies. Ya know we need someone else to tell us what to do... what to pay attention too... a narrator... a... plot person... a dinosaur... A PLOT DINO! I do declare it's plot dino time!

Plot dino! What say you?

Well I guess there is that... Maybe we shouldn’t have enlisted him… I guess it’s too late now…

So now go light the candle and someone will call out asking who's there and you get to name your character. That’s where you lot come in! What’s the name of this character? Next section coming up!
    Last edited by Freya; 08-20-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Pierre!

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Oh, cool! I didn't expect a thread like this.

So now go light the candle and someone will call out asking who's there and you get to name your character. That’s where you lot come in! What’s the name of this character?
    Hmm...

"Rain."

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Chandler!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh hay it’s pierre! (How I pick the names, well it’s really what I find amusing. I was going to do chandler but it was too long. Pierre was the first suggestion so I went with that. If you like someone elses name pick support them and I’ll be more likely to use the name!)

Blank, Cinna, and Marcus come out from the door and chat with you for a bit. I’m sure they had some crazy hawt stories to share being the man whores that the tantalus crew leads me to believe they are. BUT they are interrupted by this… thing.

*Gobo wanted this to be Plot Dino but I personally like the current plot dino better.

OMG first battle! With some weird guy in a mask…. yeah… really exciting stuff here.

Boss: Masked Man
    HP: 160
    Steal: Mage Masher, Wrist, Potion

Alright this is probably the easiest fight in the entire game, it is the first though so it should be. All of the Tantalus crew can use steal so do so until you get all 3 items. The masked man doesn’t target any one character so you shouldn’t get near dying but if someone does just toss a potion up. He doesn’t hit for really much more than around 20 points so you don’t have to worry too much. Only one who could possibly get knocked out is Cinna and frankly I don’t give a smurf about Cinna. He annoys me. And since you’re reading this walkthrough, he now annoys you as well. The masked man does this bounce around thing where he trips and falls so sometimes he wont even make contact with your party. After you get your items from steal, well go ahead and beat the crap out of him. Don’t worry it’s easy.

After the fight everyone will look hella tired and the man will announce himself as Baku. He calls a meeting and tells you his nefarious plan to kidnap the most babe-ilicious princess Garnet because they are all pedos since she’s like 16! But come on did you see that FMV she’s freaking jailbait walking.

Oh crap… did you hear that?... It sounded… oh Uh… Hi Plot Dino!

Oh well I wasn’t as offended by that interaction, he is kinda helpful isn’t he? Guess he has a little bit of a charm in those googly eyes.

Now we’ve learned a little bit here.

Our main character Zidane, or Pierre in our case, is a thief! He can steal things and he has thievery skills. These come in handy throughout the entire game. Many creatures and bosses have some very unique items on them. He can use daggers or butterfly swords. He also tends to wear the leather type things. He can’t wear the heavy metals since he’s far from being a headbanger.

Alexandria:

We’re treated to another beautiful FMV! And guess what, we get to name another character. He’s the black mage and I’m telling you this now so I can get more of this done while you decide so when I come upon it, his name will be hot in the oven.

Oh hay look a title, we need a title image. What's the black mage's name?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Ooh, you're tempting me to play along. :vivi:

What's the black mage's name?
    "Thunder."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh i'd love it if you would play along! I hope my walkthrough actually helps and encourages people to play!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Okay, I'm playing!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You can also post some of your own advice if you have any! Any tips are appreciated to make this walk-through the bombdiggity!:freya:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Seeing Sakaguchi's name in the opening credits reminded me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I did this for the first time!

Is it just me or is alternating between and the fastest way to terminate text boxes?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Awesome! I stickied the thread for now, I'll make an announcement about it if you keep it up!

The dinosaur is mean.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So you dropped your ticket and a little girl helps you. She’s so nice. Now at this part; I know, I know I can’t avoid him but damnit do I try. I swerve right and left to try to avoid the rat boy but he always hits me. That jerk!

Alright after he buggers off you can go find things; cards, items and such. There are 29 of these guys! Don’t forget to talk to people, I always love NPC’s and their idle chatter. Which irritated me about XIII. I couldn’t hear about how they were so excited for the play! Yeah they talked but it wasn’t nearly as fun as old school NPCs!

Spoiler Cut if you don't want to read all the Item locations and just wanna look at pretty pictures

Any way…… South I guess to the previous screen. We’ll start there. There should be a statue with some Nobles hanging about in the middle of the square. Behind the statue a “!” should pop up. Click it! It’s a [Potion]. Now go straight back in the background. Still about behind the statue but along the wall of buildings. Another “!” will appear. It’s a [Lizard Man Card]! Now go Right and to what seems to be a door, another “!” will appear and you’ll get a [Sahagin Card]. Now if you go to the bottom left corner near the man with overalls you’ll get the last “!” of this area. It’s a [Zombie Card]. And we’re done with this area! Let’s go back to the one we were first in.

Right in across from the entrance to a house you’ll find another “!”. It’s a [Potion]. Head toward the north on the left side where there are some what I believe to be fruit you’ll get another “!”. It’s another [Potion]. Go back to the house that was opposite the first item in this area. Back in the corner near the table on the right side of the ladder is a “!” it contains a potion. Up the ladder and right at the desk you’ll find another “!” and it’s a [Fang Card]. Go near her bed and you’ll find “!” with 9 gil.

Alright leave and go further up the map! We’re onto the next area now. It should be outside the bar and you’ll have some nobles talking. In the Grass where you first enter the zone there is a “!”, yay 33 gil! Now if you walk as if you’re going to the next zone at the other grass knoll that Oswald is hiding in you’ll get another “!” and it’s a [Goblin Card]. Magic bullet my ass . INTO THE BAR! In the very bottom right corner you’ll find a “!” and it has a [Potion] on the bottom left near the last table you’ll find a [Flan Card]. Near the stares against the wall with what I assume is a statue of something you’ll get one last “!” which is 27 gil on the floor. BACK OUTSIDE!

Leave the bar and then go to the next zone which should be to your left. Nothing here to find so INTO THE ITEM SHOP! Along the bottom right wall you’ll come across 38 gil on the floor. BACK OUTSIDE! So demanding, I know.

We’re in the main square now. DO NOT GO TO THE TICKET BOOTH YET. Instead go to your right and enter either the weapon or synthesis shop. In the bottom right corner of the Synth shop there is a “!” it has an [Ether]. In the Weapon shop, it’s kinda hard to get without going into the synth shop again but it’s in the right corner next to the counter. It’s a [Remedy]. Now in the main square, you need to go as if you’re going to see the guards at the top of the area. On the left side next to the wagon you’ll get a “!” and it’s [Phoenix Pinion]. If you go across and talk to hippaul he’ll tell you about 3 cards he’s hidden!

Alright so leave the main square to bottom left entrance past the jump ropers. We’ll get to them in a bit. Go down the alley way. In this next zone if you go all the way to the bottom of the area and on the docs, you’ll find a boy who is missing his cat. Poor kitty. The kitty will be back at the entrance of the first zone near the statue so run and get that and take it back to him and you’ll receive a [Bomb Card]. ALRIGHT now into the first house., in the bottom left corner you’ll find [Eye Drops] you can also get 3 gil when Ilia is out of the house. Just run up and down the previous area until she leaves.

Go to the church. Near the grass on the left is a [Tent] and on the right at the furthest grass spot is a [Potion]. Climb up the ladder and ring the bell! You’ll find Hippaul’s treasure! It’s an [Ironite Card], [Goblin card] and a [Fang Card]! Congrats you found all the items you can without progressing the story! Have a gif that shows you all the spots!

Now for the jump roping:

This minigame has always alluded me because I suck at it. But you might now. Just jump when it hits “!” on your screen. It increases in intervals. Prizes you get are
    Jumps and rewards:
    20 – 10 gil
    50 – Cactuar Card
    100 – Genji Card
    200 – Alexandria Card
    300 – Tiger Racket Card
    1000 – King of Jump Rope

Alright so you jumped your little heart out and you found all your items. Let’s get this thing moving!

Go back to the ticket booth. You’ll find out your ticket is a fake. OH NOES! Well the guy is nice enough to give you three cards in return. You’ll get a [Fang Card], a [Skeleton Card], and a [Goblin Card].

He looks so sad .

Run back to where the guy was beating on the sign. You’ll trip and fall and the guy will break his sign he’s been working on for the last like 30 mins while you’ve been running around. He must really suck at his job. And that kid that was a jerk earlier who bumped into you asks for your help. You tell him your ticket was a fake and he asks if you want to be his slave. I dunno if this is some weird sex term or if he generally wants you as an indentured servant. I like to think it’s a sex slave which opens up a whole smurfed up outlook on this game. Accept his offer and do what he says! He’ll run off and the gil stealing Four Armed Man will bump into you and well steal gil. If you talk to him first though he’ll tell you he’s alleyway jack and teach you about Tetra master. I’m not going to go into that mini game because there are entire tutorials about that alone. Just read the in game tutorial and run with it!

You’ll then follow puck back to the church. This is where we meet your first moogles! Yah they are so cute! One of these days I’ll buy me a moogle plushy but until then I just have to look stary eyed at them. Stiltzkin the traveling moogle shows up!

Talk to Kupo! Save it! Also talk to him about mognet! He’ll briefly explain it and ask you to deliver something for him. DO IT. First letter goes from Kupo to Monty! Shouldn’t be too hard. Climb the ladder and let’s get back on track. Our pointed hatted friend is scared of heights. You’ll almost fall to your death but oh well, that’s not important what’s important is the random crap you can find on the rooftops! Check the flower pots! The first one you see will have 29 gil. After you go further you’ll get to decide the name of Pointy hat!

We’re Thunder, he’s Puck.

Now that we got that out of the way… MORE ITEMS! Go down the stairs and across the boards to find another flower pot it has 63 gil in it. Go back up the stairs and across some planks to the top right corner. You’ll find another pot. It has 92 gil in it! Wtf is with these people and storing gil on their rooftops in flower pots. Should I invest in a piggy flower pot bank?

Follow puck and you’ll start the FMV for the Play!

Meet miss scary queen. She’s big and scary and queeny.

Also meet The Guard dude.

He needs a name. What’s the name for this character?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Tiny Tim if it fits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You can only have 7 character so it'd have to be TinyTim.