Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wanna play Tetra Master! D:

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default I wanna play Tetra Master! D:

I am dying for a game of Tetra Master. Anyone else get this? I tried going back to Triple Triad, but it's like being made to play Checkers when you want to play the far more in depth, intricate, complex and just plain superior Chess. So, does anyone know of any place online that I can play it? Or maybe a reliable download somewhere? I found this Russian one, but it's a little clunky and in bloody Russian. If you don't mind that, then you might wanna check it out because it's reasonably well made (it has music and everything! )

So yes, help me EoFF, you're my only hope.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    I am dying for a game of Tetra Master. Anyone else get this? I want to play Tetra Master, but it's like being made to play Checkers when you could play the far more in depth, intricate, complex and just plain superior Chess that is Triple Triad.
    Fixed that for you, you seem to have some weird nervous tic when you talk cause you were saying that Tetra Master is actually superior in strategy over Triple Triad, but I made sure people wouldn't get the wrong impression.

To answer your question, an online version of it comes with Final Fantasy XI, so that's an easy way to get a legitimate copy. Other than that, I have never had the desire to play Tetra Master.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am now in the process of eradicating all the good things I once thought about you, WK. I'm very disappointed in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    I am dying for a game of Tetra Master.
    I'm pretty sure they make medication for that now.

Nah, just messin' with you, bro.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I cannot think of anything other than the version with FF XI. You might continue trying to search the ol googlematron but I fear you might be faced with more Russian.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh no, quin is right! it's soooo much better than Triple Triad. Why don't we have it to be played here rather that stupid triple triad. Tetra Master 4 lyf.

Blog Entries

I enjoy Tetra Master because it is more in-depth and strategic than Triple Triad, but there are so many variables. Sometimes damage is done randomly, and certain cards seem to have stronger values depending on which arrows they have and which arrow is actively being used to attack/defend. And then there's the fact that the layout of the game board is randomly generated, leaving the occasional isolated corner space that your opponent can use to ensure that you can't get a perfect game. Sometimes even if you play correctly and should logically win, you might lose. That's the only reason I prefer Triple Triad overall. Plus, with only 9 spaces as opposed to a maximum of sixteen, things seem a little more challenging. But Tetra Master is actually a bit more fun and addicting. And I love those cards.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I like Triple Triad, but I prefer Tetra Master. People often complain about the randomness, and I agree that the combat results are a little too random, but in general I prefer the more dynamic gameplay it provides.

The arrows actually have no effect on the combat values.

I never got into Tetra Master. Well I wanted to but then I realised there were zero in-game rewards for it whatsoever so I didn't forcibly condition myself to like it in the same fashion as Triple Triad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    zero in-game rewards for it whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by ffwa

1. Winning the card tournament in Treno, winning 3 consecutive games will gain you a Rebirth Ring. This is part of the games course and you cannot escape it.
    2. Having the Namingway card (#98) will allow you to change the name of your usable characters if you talk to a guy at the left hand side of the library in Daguerreo.
    3. Having lots of different types of cards will raise your treasure hunters rank, another side-quest in its own right, plus you can see your own card collectors points in the card menu.
    I consider having the ultimate 1700 card collector's rating a reward in its own right.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's also really fun, which is something I consider important in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ffwa

1. Winning the card tournament in Treno, winning 3 consecutive games will gain you a Rebirth Ring. This is part of the games course and you cannot escape it.
    2. Having the Namingway card (#98) will allow you to change the name of your usable characters if you talk to a guy at the left hand side of the library in Daguerreo.
    3. Having lots of different types of cards will raise your treasure hunters rank, another side-quest in its own right, plus you can see your own card collectors points in the card menu.
    -Rebirth Ring isn't an especially difficult item to obtain, unlike many of the card rewards in FF8. I'm sure I gained quite a few of those when I played this. Plus its abilities are nothing special. The Auto-Life auto ability is useless; the Aura and Auto-Life spells outshine it completely. Whereas 3 characters with Auto-Haste by the end of disc 1 thanks to Triple Triad? Yes please!
    -Namingway is a handout; you don't win it from anyone.
    -I got treasure rank S without collecting cards.

So I guess I should rephrase: there are zero in-game rewards that are actually remotely useful. Triple Triad reduces item farming time and lets you get things like Auto-Haste, Str+60% and other nifty rewards early in the game. Tetra Master gets you one crap item that teaches an ability you'll never use once Quina learns Auto-Life or Amarant learns Aura (and won't need until you're fighting some optional boss that can one-shot your party... oh by then you'll have those spells) and helps you get a crap key item more quickly I suppose.

If that was supposed to sway me, it failed. As much as I love Final Fantasy IX I have and always will boycott Tetra Master outright. Plus if the Festival of the Hunt is anything to by, Vivi seems to like it, so you know it's worthless.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 07-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Tetra Master is a pile of filth on the face of the whole smurfing planet. I have officially denounced it. If we wanted to get really into this, we could. I'm not going to make you do anything that you don't want to do. I respect your boundaries. But here we are... looking at each other, naked... it's too real.

Anyway, consider:

• It sucks because Final Fantasy IX is a piece of trout
    • Don't get out of your seat
    • A 17 year old girl is arrested for molesting an 8 year old boy. I don't consider this molestation.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Sylvie. I don't like you anymore. At all.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is quickly becoming the worst thread ever because of you scumbags.