Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today is one of the best days of my life.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember watching the live-action Sailor Moon, and how that followed the manga more than the anime did. At least that's what I've been told about it.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I remember watching the live-action Sailor Moon, and how that followed the manga more than the anime did. At least that's what I've been told about it.
    It did early on but then midway through it changed radically from the manga storyline.

The Live Action series actually had an excellent story, better than the anime in some respects, in my opinion. It's just that...everything about it was cheesy and B-grade as hell.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I came into this thread again to specifically say smurf YEAH SAILOR COSMOS, but DMKA beat me to it. It would be great to get in-depth with all the Chaos stuff.

I'm really interested to see what they do. Like, it might be minor, but I wonder if they'll get new civilian outfits. Since the reboot will be made in a new century.

Also, maybe if they do another SuperS it won't be so smurfING AWFUL.

I'm excited about this because I feel like they can do so much with it. And if they do do a dub, hopefully they won't give Molly a smurfing Brooklyn accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I agree that Super S has got to be the weakest of the five series, and my least favorite. I still like it though.

You know what else would be cool? If Sailor Saturn and Tuxedo Mask get transformation sequences this time around! Whee!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Was Tuxedo Mask as lame in the manga as he was in the anime?

If not, I'd like to see him beefed up some.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Total Hannah Montana rip-off.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hannah Montana ripped off the original Sailor Moon.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    It did early on but then midway through it changed radically from the manga storyline.

The Live Action series actually had an excellent story, better than the anime in some respects, in my opinion. It's just that...everything about it was cheesy and B-grade as hell.
    The live action series was hilarious. Some parts were closer to the manga, but a lot of it wasn't. Randomly using either a plush Luna or computer generated Luna was odd.

Yeah, and I do hope that the English dub doesn't make Neptune and Uranus "very close" cousins this time.

You know what else would be cool? If Sailor Saturn and Tuxedo Mask get transformation sequences this time around! Whee!
    Maybe. I kind of hope they make all of their transformation sequences short and sweet, since I believe animation is cheaper to produce now.

He was better in the manga. In the anime he's kind of lifeless and doesn't even really seem to like Usagi. In the manga he's more romantic, and actually has powers, like Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber... whatever that means.

I hope they make Jupiter more nature-oriented as in the manga, with her flower powers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post

The live action series was hilarious. Some parts were closer to the manga, but a lot of it wasn't. Randomly using either a plush Luna or computer generated Luna was odd.
    Also, Luna turns into a human girl...um...why? Dark Mercury was kind of fun. But mostly the live action version was just WTF--but in a good way, I thought. It was funny.

You know, I'll go on record saying I don't think a live action version of Sailor Moon HAS to be campy, if it's done properly.

Yeah, and I do hope that the English dub doesn't make Neptune and Uranus "very close" cousins this time.
    Me too! I want my lesbian Sailor Scouts to be lesbians!

Maybe. I kind of hope they make all of their transformation sequences short and sweet, since I believe animation is cheaper to produce now.
    I'm with Shlup on this one. Maybe a decent transformation sequence the first time the change and before big battles or something. But just for the Monster of the Day, that's not really necessary to have a full length animation every time. They really drag, and in the original series, it kind of messed up the pacing of the show in most situations.

He was better in the manga. In the anime he's kind of lifeless and doesn't even really seem to like Usagi. In the manga he's more romantic, and actually has powers, like Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber... whatever that means.

I hope they make Jupiter more nature-oriented as in the manga, with her flower powers.
    Unfortunately, I never got to read the manga. I've spent so many hours reading on wikipedia, but I don't a.) know where to buy the manga b.) have the money to buy an entire manga series. They're expensive, and usually run for a long time.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Hannah Montana ripped off the original Sailor Moon.
    I know ahaha just yolking with ya

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Unfortunately, I never got to read the manga. I've spent so many hours reading on wikipedia, but I don't a.) know where to buy the manga b.) have the money to buy an entire manga series. They're expensive, and usually run for a long time.
    The re-release of the Sailor Moon manga (ongoing at the moment) is only twelve volumes in all, which isn't too bad. I'd say just buy off Amazon, but then that depends on your location.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I can get behind that. I would like a big fancy transformation sequence for their initial transformations, or power ups, but's it's not really necessary every single battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    Yeah, I don't really get why, aside of Oak Evolution, they seemed really hellbent on ignoring all her non-thunder attacks.

I would also like to see Sailor Venus use her sword. Hell, I'd like to see Sailor Venus treated properly in the sense that she's really more of a leader than Sailor Moon could ever hope to be.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

VENUS HAS A SWORD?

FFXIV Character

VENUS HAS A SWORD?
    (SPOILER)
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here you go.