Thread: Leveling up?

Default Leveling up?

Im on ff1 for nes, first time playing, loving it. I lit all four orbs, and my party is knightx2, white and black wizard. Other then farming the eye in ice cave,where can i level up? I have all magic and weapons (except masmune) even level 8, but cant use it. Im level 23. I have tried the temple of fiends, but those damn gas dragons do not let me through! Ive made it through there twice but am ready to give up. I need a good spot tht is not boring.

Sadly level grinding can never not be boring. However, there's a popular spot in the Waterfall Cave north of Onrac/Onlac/whatever in which a large group of enemies jumps you ever time you walk in front of one of the treasure chests. I'm told that's the quickest place to level up. I forget what monsters they are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Sadly level grinding can never not be boring. However, there's a popular spot in the Waterfall Cave north of Onrac/Onlac/whatever in which a large group of enemies jumps you ever time you walk in front of one of the treasure chests. I'm told that's the quickest place to level up. I forget what monsters they are, though.
    Thanks. I remember telling myself to come back there and level up but never doing it. I do remember that those monsters were easy though.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

At that level it shouldn't be too hard to walk through Temple of Fiends. I've managed it as low as level 19 on the NES. What items do you have equipped, if I can ask. Not having the right ones equipped means you won't take reduced damage from the gas/frost/dragon attack in that second hall where all the dragons are.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    At that level it shouldn't be too hard to walk through Temple of Fiends. I've managed it as low as level 19 on the NES. What items do you have equipped, if I can ask. Not having the right ones equipped means you won't take reduced damage from the gas/frost/dragon attack in that second hall where all the dragons are.
    It seems i have absolutely no problem now. I got to level 25 and bought nuke and fade, and afterwards those gas dragons have not attacked me since, and i have been through there many times. It seems odd to me, but it works.