Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Default Rikku the boss

How does a sixteen year old hyperactive Al Bhed girl come to be the silent badass leading a bunch of beardy dudes around? The Rikku at the beginning of the game is worlds apart from the Rikku throughout the rest of the game. Clearly Cid has a hand in this, but surely there are more experienced dudes to lead the salvage team while Rikku just tags along for work experience?

I realise that Brother is there, and all, but he doesn't really strike me as the "boss" type either.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

You never see any of the other Al Bhed guys steal or use grenades, so she might be the most skilled after all. Just speculating though. What I find strange is that she 'defects' to Yuna's side just like that. That said, she may not have any responsibility over the Al Bhed beardy guys at all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

SAgreed with Pete that I find it strange they talk about her becoming a guardian for all of two minutes. Right after she tried to kidnap Yuna. So, um. If that hadn't had happened, you could maybe argue that she was sent to guard Yuna to protect her. But that obviously isn't the case.

In answer to Jiro, it's one of two things: 1. Square doesn't know how to show character consistency, or 2. Al Bhed are pretty smurfing stupid and useless, and Rikku's the least retarded of the bunch. (excluding Rin.)

And in this case, I really couldn't say which one's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, I guess Rikku joined the party in hopes of getting Yuna to ultimately quit her pilgrimage. She's her cousin after all. Although why she then helps fight off the Al Bhed at Macalania I have no idea.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    How does a sixteen year old hyperactive Al Bhed girl come to be the silent badass leading a bunch of beardy dudes around? The Rikku at the beginning of the game is worlds apart from the Rikku throughout the rest of the game. Clearly Cid has a hand in this, but surely there are more experienced dudes to lead the salvage team while Rikku just tags along for work experience?

I realise that Brother is there, and all, but he doesn't really strike me as the "boss" type either.
    Rikku has a very well documented case of alcohol abuse and everyone in the Al Bhed society is terrified of her. They let her do her own thing as a result. Those spirals in her eyes? Yeah, she's ****ing wasted.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

According to my sources, those dudes are actually gals around ten to twelves years old. Their appearance can be quite deceiving and they are still drinking formula milk for some reason.

serious answer: i believe they are cousins, and Al Bhed in general are close-knit. It's a bit of nepotism plus some familial trust. imo