Thread: What am I doing with my life?

Default What am I doing with my life?

I'm about to win my 17th Elnoyle card. Just three more and I'll be able to get Lionheart on Disc One. This is the first (and probably the last) time I've ever attempted this challenge, and I can't believe I actually possess the patience to sit through roughly 20 hours it's taken me to get to Galbadia Garden and have 16 Elnoyle cards and all the Dragon Fangs I'll need.

Also, this is the first time I've ever really undertaken an FF challenge and I'm proud of myself for it, even if Lionheart on Disc One makes only a negligible difference from normal gameplay on Disc One.

Have you ever done the Lionheart-on-Disc-One challenge, EoFF? Have you tried any other FFVIII challenges?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I commend your dedication but that's way too much smurfing effort for me. I don't even remember what I did to get the Lionheart on Disc 3 but even that was too much effort imo xD

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

I did get it on disc 1 once, just so I could say that I've done it. Usually if I hear about a "challenge" I do it. And I dominate it. But sometimes I hear a challenge that just sounds too dumb to attempt. Like "beating a pokemon game with only one pokemon and only using the pokecenter to heal instead of items." Sounds like it would be an okay challenge, but after a while the grinding would just get annoying and it would cease to be fun.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think I ever used items in Pokemon beyond Pokeballs and Repel. Then again, I only played Generation 1 so that might have a lot to do with it.

On topic: I've never tried it, but then again, I don't really care for sequence breaking in a game, and I happen to like watching the escalation of Squall's Limit Breaks. I never tried Disc 1 Lionheart or Disc 1 Omnislash in VII either. Both games are pretty easy without seriously borking the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I once got Lionheart on Disc 1, I remember having to farm for about an hour in the second Laguna flashback for Pulsar Ammo. Not to mention getting Dragon Fangs from the dinosaurs in the Balamb Garden and leveling up to 30 to get Adamantite from Adamantoises... it wasn't worth it. If you just abuse the Draw/Junction System you're basically invulnerable anyway, you really don't need Lionheart.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I'm about to win my 17th Elnoyle card. Just three more and I'll be able to get Lionheart on Disc One. This is the first (and probably the last) time I've ever attempted this challenge, and I can't believe I actually possess the patience to sit through roughly 20 hours it's taken me to get to Galbadia Garden and have 16 Elnoyle cards and all the Dragon Fangs I'll need.

Also, this is the first time I've ever really undertaken an FF challenge and I'm proud of myself for it, even if Lionheart on Disc One makes only a negligible difference from normal gameplay on Disc One.

Have you ever done the Lionheart-on-Disc-One challenge, EoFF? Have you tried any other FFVIII challenges?

...Whatever.

I'm never doing it again, I'll say that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I agree. I even like Triple Triad, but that was simply just too much.

On the other hand, I just got out of the D-District Prison and I managed to snag a Rosetta Stone from that guy after not too many hands. 3/256 chance right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I agree. I even like Triple Triad, but that was simply just too much.

On the other hand, I just got out of the D-District Prison and I managed to snag a Rosetta Stone from that guy after not too many hands. 3/256 chance right there.
    I'm never doing that again, either.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Is this really a challenge? I mean in anything else than patience.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?