Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practical Jokes

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Practical Jokes

I was chatting with Boobs yesterday about some office practical jokes that I like to play and thought I'd share a few...

- Putting a post-it note under a infrared mouse and watch your colleague spend five minutes checking all his connections.
    - Turning off the lights in the office toilet while a fellow colleague is taking a dump
    - Pretend to transfer a call to a colleague, then put on a fake voice and see how long it takes them to notice
    - If a colleague leaves their computer unattended, drafting an email to the entire office enquiring if anyone has any pile cream they could borrow.

What practical jokes have you played on people? Or maybe you had one played on you which has left you mentally scarred? Either way, let me know so I can expand my repertoire.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Last edited by Jinx; 06-25-2023 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In case there is anyone left on the internet that hasn't seen these, here are the Cubicle Wars. I wish I could do these.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When my sister was three, she called me to her room to tell me something. As soon as I sat beside her when she was lying down in bed, she farted and started to laugh hysterically.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A coworker and I intended to wrap a third coworker's entire desk in wrapping paper at Christmas time last year. PC, monitors, mouse, phone, office supplies, chair - everything individually. We didn't end up doing it, though, because we would have had to come in overnight to do it and neither of us could be arsed after we planned it out.

Might try it on someone here at my new job and see how long it takes me to get fired

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not too sure I'd like to smurf with anybody at work but back in May, me & my mate put mayonasse in the cap of the aftersun his housemate was using. It was so funny when he figured out it was mayo

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know a guy who once took a screen shot of someones desktop, flipped it around so it was upside down and set it as their wallpaper. He then removed their desktop shortcuts, hid the taskbar, flipped the screen so the picture he had set looked right, then inverted their mouse settings. Something like that anyway. Everything seemed perfectly normal except they couldn't click on anything, and they couldn't bring the task bar up since it was at the top of the screen now and they weren't looking there.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Vivi, that's brilliant. The best I could muster in that relm was to invert mouse controls, and crank the speed/sensitivity to max. Also cranking their "doubleclick" time on their mouse to max so they have to click as fast as possible to select anything.

Here's some of my list. This was while I was in the military, but it's still a lot of office humor. A lot of these were on night shift, because there was a one star loose in the building who would have murdered me.

1) We had an office intercom that dialed from any phone, so I'd play the Jaws theme, TMNT theme, whatever, over the intercom by putting my phone right next to my computer speakers. I'd also put the intercom on hold, and tell someone they had a call on line 2. They'd pick up to say hello, and hear themselves over the intercom.

2) We were "supposed" to starch our uniforms. (This is debatable.) Anyway, that included our hats, and some people would starch them to the point that the hats would hold their shape and coincidentally be water proof. One day I noticed my friend left his hat and car keys in the break room. So I filled his hat with water, tossed his keys in, and left it in the freezer. It had the majority of that 12 hour shift to freeze solid. I laughed, he raged, I left him in the parking lot attempting to break his keys out of a block of ice.

3) This was the military, so I'd always tell the new guys, "Hey, Captain Dee called while you were out. He needed some sort of heads up on weather at your base. He sounded kinda pissed you weren't available. I left you his number." Only it would be the number for Captain D's, the fast food place.

4) There was a phone that was malfunctioning (It wouldn't transfer calls), and they were going to throw it out. I talked them into letting me keep it. So I took it home, glued the phone to the reciever, came back to work the next day, and switched it with my friends phone while he went to the bathroom. I thought there would be harmless shenanigans. I managed to time the call to his desk right as he walked back in the room. So he ran over in a rush, and smacked himself in the face with the whole phone trying to answer it quickly. I feel kinda bad about that one, but everyone laughed. Even him.

5) As a group, we convinced one of the new guys he needed to take a "ground level air sample" so we could take it back to the "the lab" (there was no lab, just the vault for secret operations, but new guy didn't know this) so it could be analyzed for percentage of condensation nuclei, pollen, etc. Basically he was running around in the parking lot with a trash bag while we watched from the upstairs windows.

6) I had a new team lead, a very gullible lieutenant, so I decided to mess with her. I took all the staples out of my stapler, and rolled my chair over to where she was eating at her desk. (Plain oatmeal, everyday, she had the prank coming.) I started off with "Lt. Hettinga, this stapler seems to keep jamming, and it's driving me crazy. I'll try to use it and it just......AAAUUGGHH!!" At which point I began stapling the stapler over my head and arms. She freaked out for a good thirty seconds, and it was a good time had by all.

There's others, but that's some of them at least.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I know a guy who once took a screen shot of someones desktop, flipped it around so it was upside down and set it as their wallpaper. He then removed their desktop shortcuts, hid the taskbar, flipped the screen so the picture he had set looked right, then inverted their mouse settings. Something like that anyway. Everything seemed perfectly normal except they couldn't click on anything, and they couldn't bring the task bar up since it was at the top of the screen now and they weren't looking there.
    I actually use to do exactly this in high school all the time. xD

Also, this.

naughty words

One of the best things I did was change the M and N keys in school. It is super subtle. The younger kids who look at the keys and type one at a time don't understand why their passwords don't work. The school network admin who obviously touch types doesn't see any difference. Took them like half hour to realise. Owned.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While Del Murder was at work, I went to the train station where he parks his car and with his spare keys, moved his car to a different parking spot. In the original spot, I left a Goomba. (SPOILER)

I also covered his car with 8-bit Mario. (SPOILER)

Meanwhile, I got his coworker to change the lettering on his keyboard. I also STRONGLY encouraged them to make his cubicle into a 4-walled cubicle, but they failed on that. Was majorly disappointed.

I also put a CD of Do the Mario in his car's system and had it set to blast the song as soon as he started his car.

This was all in one day.

Another time I rubbed dye on my feet to make them look like they were rotting so that he would think I was turning into a zombie. Another time I put blue tint on my fingers and started shivering to make it seem like I was getting some crazy frostbite tit going on.

And so and so forth. I pull a lot of pranks on Del Murder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    While Del Murder was at work, I went to the train station where he parks his car and with his spare keys, moved his car to a different parking spot. In the original spot, I left a Goomba. (SPOILER)

I also covered his car with 8-bit Mario. (SPOILER)

Meanwhile, I got his coworker to change the lettering on his keyboard. I also STRONGLY encouraged them to make his cubicle into a 4-walled cubicle, but they failed on that. Was majorly disappointed.

I also put a CD of Do the Mario in his car's system and had it set to blast the song as soon as he started his car.

This was all in one day.

Another time I rubbed dye on my feet to make them look like they were rotting so that he would think I was turning into a zombie. Another time I put blue tint on my fingers and started shivering to make it seem like I was getting some crazy frostbite tit going on.

And so and so forth. I pull a lot of pranks on Del Murder.
    And you still got him to propose to you?
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure it's the reason why he proposed. Aside of course, from the free meals I provide him.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I was in school, I worked at Wendy's; when I quit there, I went in on my last day with a lot of Preparation H and made sure everyone saw it. I spent the entire day grinning.

I didn't do anything with it (at least nothing I got caught for), but I had everybody terrified all day.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Back when I was still playing WoW, Huxley once rolled up a WoW character, put it into my guild and leveled it up to sixty or something before letting me know it was him. He was acting completely out of character the whole time so it caught me by complete surprise. The bell-end.

Also back when I was working in a commission sales position one of my coworkers hid in another area of the store, called our department, altered her voice, and said she was going to come in to buy our most expensive item with all of the extras and extended warranties. The poor girl who answered the phone and thought she was going to make bank was on a high for about an hour, at which point someone spilled the beans and then she was pissed for the rest of the day.