Thread: Deaus Ex: Human Revolution

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Default Deaus Ex: Human Revolution

Just started the game. What would you good Folk say was the best, and more fun way to play the game?

Please show your workings to answer the question.
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Awesome, I envy you. I almost wish I didn't know about it so I could go back and play it again for the first time. Truly one of my favorite games in the past few years.

I have this thing with a lot of other games like this where if I don't complete a mission using only stealth and avoiding detection, I have to restart the mission. For some reason with DE:HR though, I was perfectly content to just let my game unfold however it happened to unfold. On my first playthrough I chose the hardest difficulty (Give Me Deus Ex), so there were a few moments where I found myself in a tight spot and ended up having to create a path of destruction to escape, killing way more guards than I would like to admit.

If I had been playing any other game, I would've restarted the mission and tried to do it silently, but there's something about HR that made me just want my playthrough to unfurl organically. I remember specifically thinking it was pretty awesome when I caused a bloody massacre and then later on it made the front page of the newspaper with a write-up and everything.

But yeah aside from the rambling, what I'm trying to get at is that I wouldn't worry too much about which is the "most fun" way to play this game and just let it happen. If you want to play a Sam Fisher type sneak-everywhere game, go for it, and if you want to play a Rambo type kill everything game go for that, but if you're like me, just don't worry about it and strap in for the ride. I never came up with a specific plan and I ended up with something of a hybrid between the two.

I think I'm on the same boat as you. I like to sneak around trying to kill few people, that's what I'm doing through this play through. I choose give me a challenge simply because I wanted to Enjoy the story without being pissed at dying time after time, really looking forward to see hat Square has done with this game!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

excellent choice you will have a lot of fun

just do a playthrough however you want. there's no shame in checking the net for help with the first boss. they are not very well designed. another team worked on the boss battles for some stupid reason.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great game, I finished it a couple of months ago. When it was first released I wasn't exactly racing out to buy it & I only bought it because it was on sale. The best random buy I've made in quite some time

I purchased 3 months Of PSN plus, got DE:HR, Infamous 2 and Saints Row 2 all for free......my next 3 months of nothing are now sorted. Quite happy I did now!

I also Like the Easter Eggs they Put in the Game, The FF XXVII Poster, or was it XXVIII, and the fact that the First Boss Is named Barrett...
    Last edited by ScottyRedXIII; 07-21-2012 at 05:00 PM.

This game is a gem. Just play it whichever way you feel like. There's always multiple playthroughs to experiment with different styles.

Blog Entries

I found once you got the cloaking device & the ability to fall from any height the game became way too easy. I didn't get either power until near the end.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i had 20 praxis kits that i haven't used by the end of the game
    i forgot about the upgrade system honestly and it certainly didn't diminish the experience

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i had 20 praxis kits that i haven't used by the end of the game
    i forgot about the upgrade system honestly and it certainly didn't diminish the experience
    Yeah I liked the fact that the game lended itself to a no upgrade playthrough if you so wished. The upgrades are enhancements so therefore optional. You guys are making me considering another playthrough when I finish Assassin's Creed 2.