Thread: What if it had worked?

Blog Entries

Default What if it had worked?

If Phoenix had succeeded in bringing Rachel back to life, do you think Locke wouldve wanted to leave her again to fight Kefka? Would she tag along in the Airship? Would Celes push her off the airship?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Locke would have still fought, simply to protect her. She probably would not have gone with them, and Celes would have started dating the smexy Setzer instead. :snog:

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Actually the airship is probably the safest place on the planet. Anywhere else comes with a random chance of being hit by Kefka's Light of Judgement.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The party never seemed to consider the possibility Kefka was unbeatable. Or did they? I'm not sure, but I think Locke would've fought simply because they knew Kefka could be beaten. If they sat around they might die, but otherwise there was no real risk to Rachael after she was revived.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    The party never seemed to consider the possibility Kefka was unbeatable.
    When the world's slowly dying and there's a madman in a tower firing a super weapon at whatever town he feels like just for kicks, does it really matter if he's unbeatable? You just try to kill him on principle at that point really.

Contributions

Actually I think a lot of them assumed that he was unbeatable. Just about everyone was out and about trying to make their own way in the world. Until Celes showed up it didn't seem like beating Kefka was even on anybody's priority list.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well when the world ends and it's kind of your own fault it happened, I could fathom why many of them felt that their "helping" would cause more problems. Though it is more likely that many of them took Edgar and Terra's route and were simply helping the survivors of the apocalypse and felt that had more priority than storming Kefka's tower.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

There would have been at least a 47 FMV sequence of Locke just banging her back to death saying, "I'm a TREASURE HUNTER!!"

In all actuality, I think that it would have motivated him to fight Kefka so he could have a normal life with Rachel. Celes would have grudgingly accepted what happened and had a friends with benefits deal with Edgar. Unfortunately, Edgar blows it because he can't get his...castle engine running up to speed.
    Last edited by Sephex; 07-24-2012 at 07:31 PM.

If Rachel had lived, Locke certainly would have gone off to fight Kefka, simply cause that's how he rolls. Gotta make the world safe for Locke-Rachel babies!

But then all of them have mid-life crises years down the line and Locke cheats on Rachel with Celes, and it's all very bitter and alienating. Rachel breaks up with Locke, and Celes, still harboring feelings of bitterness from having been dumped in the first place, won't take him either, so he falls on his ValiantKnife and dies! Are you happy? You've RUINED ALL THEIR LIVES!

Contributions

To be fair everyone lives could have gotten f'ed up after the story line ended anyways. I don't recall it saying happily ever after.