Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundtrack.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really liked the soundtrack but I agree it doesn't quite have the emotional impact that previous FF soundtracks had, partially because I feel VA took that job so music is more for the sense of environment than to tell a story. With that said. Battle for Freedom is still one of the best Final Boss themes in the series, easily as good as Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel.

For me FFXII's soundtrack is a bit like VIIIs, musically speaking, its all really good and there are some great tracks, but I feel it falters a bit as a soundtrack because it doesn't quite have the ability to link the music to the places, people, and moments in the game. I mean Penelo has a great theme song that is catchy and really works for the character, but Lady Ashe's theme is boring and doesn't really even feel like a character theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    With that said. Battle for Freedom is still one of the best Final Boss themes in the series, easily as good as Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel.
    Wait, how'd that one go again? **Goes and YouTubes it** I spent most of that boss battle talking over it because I was getting annoyed with the constant queuing of spells :P

EDIT: Ooh snap, I think I like this one already and it's been like thirty seconds. Honestly, I don't know how I was able to find so much of this game so forgettable; it's like every time I go back to it I find something in it that I should've found the first time.

Also I've been whistling the Imperial leitmotif for freakin' days now, specifically the version that's heard wandering Archades. Love that tune.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-10-2012 at 10:55 PM.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    With that said. Battle for Freedom is still one of the best Final Boss themes in the series.
    Quoted for truth. I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who loves this theme. It's one of the reasons that the Undying is one of my favourite final bosses in the series.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree with the general opinion that this soundtrack blends more into the game, which I actually welcomed. I love me some Uematsu, but I don't think his style would have suited how this game flowed.