Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin Creed discussion thread

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Assassin Creed discussion thread

Given the sheer level of conversation surrounding the Assassins Creed series that has started in the What are you playing now thread I figured why not open up a thread to discuss the AC series?

I'm still in the middle of my first Assassins Creed 2 playthrough. I'm on Memory Sequence either 9 or 10 (just killed the Doge at the Carnival). I got Altair's armour last night & it looks so much better then Ezio & the fact that it doesn't seem to break is also very handy. I absolutely loved the Assassins Tombs side missions

Judging from all the conversation in the what you're playing now thread I'm going to have to pick up Brotherhood straight after I finish 2!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the AC games are pretty notorious for having cliffhangar/head scratching endings. Brotherhood and the original AC1 are probably the best offenders in that regard. AC2 is such a gem of a game, and I cannot wait for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Liberation finally makes picking up a Vita something more inevitable for me.

While the murderous action stealth gameplay is fun, it's actually the history that attracts me the most to the games. Often, history classes simply give you the highlights of the Renaissance and focus on the art and science, instead of the down and dirty politics that makes history so fun to study. The Ottoman takeover of Constantinople is another that really gets brushed off in our history class but then again, America is a pretty ego-centric nation. That's why ACIII will be interesting because it will actually be the telling of an American historical event from a non-American author who isn't going to sugar coat facts.

Gameplay wise, the Assassin's Tombs are definetly my favorite sections of the games, though Brotherhood and Revelations are not quite as smooth as ACII's but they are still pretty bad ass. I think Altair's Armor in ACII is still my favorite "Ultimate Armor" in the series, though the Master Assassin Armor wasn't too shabby.

Blog Entries

One of my favorite parts of AC2 thus far story wise is (SPOILER)the memory of Altair in Acre that Desmond sees while outside the Animus I haven't played a series of games in quite some time that really holds my attention quite like AC

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i really like the fact that ezio gets laid absolutely everywhere
    and desmond and the others totally see it happen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i really like the fact that ezio gets laid absolutely everywhere
    and desmond and the others totally see it happen
    Yeah they must totally have to wipe down that Animus chair with an industrial strength cleaner My favorite such incident is the random chick in Romagna who offers to give Ezio a "riding lesson" if he can complete a race quick enough

Articles
    Blog Entries

that one was my favorite too
    private riding lessons hahaha

i also was conflicted, in ac brotherhood, when

(SPOILER) you have that side memory a few years back (takes place before ac2) when you friggin stalk your crush because she wouldn't give you her name...i mean yeah you save her from a rape afterward, but you're straight up stalking the girl! so yes i'm conflicted.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm the same as WK, I love the story and hall but the history aspect of it really intrigues me. Assassin's Creed is the first series with as many installments as it has that I've actively paid attention to since, well, probably Final Fantasy.

I love Ezio as a character and knowing I'll never play as him again is kind of a bummer. I hope Connor or whatever ACIII dude's name is will be half as awesome.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Speaking of the history element, I never heard before AC2 that Leonardo Da Vinci was most likely gay. I googled the topic once it said it in the game & he was indeed once arrested for having an orgy with 3 dudes one of them a male prostitute

Articles
    Blog Entries

whoa neat, i didn't even read that in the game. but then i didn't read a lot of the database stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    whoa neat, i didn't even read that in the game. but then i didn't read a lot of the database stuff.
    The game also made me read into the Medici I little more too. I did a little Renaissance history in high school like 8 years ago but it's interesting to read into it now again after playing AC2. And who said video games weren't educational!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

(SPOILER)I like the memory where you play as Altiar's sperm
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Just reached Memory Sequence 13. I feel like this is a DLC mission because the combat just got a whole lot easier. Loving Ezio's beard though

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Speaking of the history element, I never heard before AC2 that Leonardo Da Vinci was most likely gay. I googled the topic once it said it in the game & he was indeed once arrested for having an orgy with 3 dudes one of them a male prostitute
    Well, no one really knows for a fact he had said orgy, but we do know him and the three other dudes were arrested for sodomy (though never convicted), and that he painted a whole bunch of portraits of, and left his estate, to one of said dudes. Combine this with the fact that he had next to zero relationships with any women and...yeah, it's pretty likely.
    Last edited by DMKA; 07-26-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    (SPOILER)I like the memory where you play as Altiar's sperm

Seriously? no one wants to discuss that scene?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

These games are fun, but the excitement dies down fast as you get better armor, better weapons, and, well, more weapons. There is nothing more thrilling than getting the job done with hidden blades and throwing knives, so there is so little satisfaction hidden gunning targets and then counter-brawling all the small fry.

The multi-player aspect of Brotherhood and Revelations is the best. Yeah, you and your opponents can all be douches who dispense with stealth and sprint everywhere, but there is a joy in getting an Incognito bonus as you walk away from an unsuspecting target.