Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default KH3D Comes out July 31

Is anyone getting it? What are your hopes for this game?

I'd get it but I don't have a 3DS. Eventually I will play it though. Need to finish re:Coded first.

I hope the game continues on the roll this series has been on in terms of ability/command systems. Days, BBS, and Coded have all impressed me with the evolution of the KH ability system.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Coded is worst pony.

Don't have a 3ds or i'd be on it in a second.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm enjoying Coded for what it is. The story is dumb and unnecessary but I do enjoy playing it.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

General impressions I've seen around are that it's not as good as Birth By Sleep, but better than all the other 'Spinoff' games.

I have a 3DS but not sure if I can afford it just yet. Do intend to pick it up though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BBS is the best KH game so I'm not surprised.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Here's how I put them

Story:
    KH2
    KH1
    BBS
    chain of memories
    coded

gameplay:
    BBS
    KH2
    Coded
    chain of memories
    KH

Looks:
    BBS
    KH2
    KH
    chain of memories
    coded

music:
    KH2
    BBS
    All the others

replay-ability:
    BBS
    KH2
    KH
    Chain of memories
    coded

My overall score:
    BBS
    KH2
    KH
    Chain of memories
    the manga
    Coded.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    BBS is the best KH game so I'm not surprised.
    Is it? I played through Terra's story first then quit about half way through Ventas and never picked it up again. It's just so....boring. Does the story ever go anywhere?

I liked KH, KHII and KH: CoM and have played all three of them through multiple times. BBS just seems to be missing whatever made those other three as much fun as they were.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will say that the middle story of BBS is not all that interesting, especially the first time through. I did find it interesting the second and third times because you get to see how the characters' stories intertwine and it completes the whole story for that world. I think Terra has the most boring 'middle part' for what it's worth.

I mostly liked BBS because the command system really rocked.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It does a get bit annoying replaying what is essentially the same story but seeing everyone's take on the story is pretty interesting and when you finally unlock the final chapter... ooh. I mean all of the characters have pretty heart wrenching endings.

If I was ranking them:

Story
    BBS
    358/2
    CoM
    KH1
    KH2

Gameplay
    BBS
    CoM
    KH2
    358/2
    KH1

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Hmm, I'll have to give it another go then.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I've gotten KH3D. It copies BBS's battle system pretty much verbatim, so that's nice.

It also does go forward from the events of Kingdom Hearts II, with the events of KH3D taking place after that (although, due to the dream nature, you are usually playing younger Sora and Riku).

I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the extra mechanics they added, the ability to use monsters in your party and the Flowmotion system which affects both movement and combat. They don't hurt anything (and, in fact, Flowmotion is great for increasing your range of exploration and treasure hunting, but it also means things like High Jump and Glide are kind of pointless), but they just don't feel like they are a brilliant addition to the series that we will want to have stick around from now on.

There's a free demo version on the 3DS store for anyone who wants to try it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My brother just ordered his 3DS XL along with this game. So I'll be indulging in it pretty soon I already know the soundtrack is the best so far.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Aside from Theatrhythm, it's the only game currently out on the 3DS that I actually want to play. I will be picking it up when I have cash.

I liked Re:coded. Parts could be a bitch. I'm at a point now where my biggest problem is trying to complete the Hollow Bastion debugging and beat virus Roxas. I beat him once, but I didn't have a high enough virus score to unlock Ultima Weapon. Now I get my virus score just high enough that I need that last battle to add to the score and somehow I'm getting my ass kicked all over the place. Did he get stronger because I'm stronger? I only appreciate enemy growth as it pertains to the story. I F'ing hate it on sidequests!

Ahem. I completed CoM recently. Just something to do to feel like I'm completing the series. While the battle against Marluxia and bits of Riku's story are... I guess interesting, I didn't feel the story was all that great let alone relevant.
    My favorite part of Re:coded was the Castle Oblivion sequence. Quick and to the point... if pointless in the end, but that merely mirrors my sentiment toward CoM.

I still need to obtain a replacement LCD for my PSP before I even consider purchasing BBS. I'm pretty sure I'll get my hands on a 3DS by summer of next year. Going off my mom's record. All I have to do is find a single game that appeals to her playstyle and she buy the system on a whim. That's why she bought her GBA (for Tetris) and her DS (for a search game MCF MillionHeir), both systems she turned over to me when she eventually realized she had little to no use for them. Of course, I'm being sarcastic, I don't actually manipulate my mom. If anything, she manipulates me just like my grandma manipulates my dad. Yeesh.

What was I talking about again..?