Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The "Call Me Maybe" song by Carly Rae Jepsen

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

...my dad... LOVES... THIS... so-ONG... any time I'm in the car with him and this happens to come for the third time, I politely ask for another station and he politely declines and turns up the volume. He also likes that song by Cher Lloyd... or maybe that is the one. I'm so relieved to be away from a radio presently, it doesn't much matter.

You know, it seems to me that a lot of you tend to hate the most catchiest songs, but I don't know why... For me, a song that I would hate would be "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO, which is a music group that I really can't stand.

Anyway, going back to Carly Rae Jepsen, she also collaborated with Owl City on their "Good Time" song.

We don't even have to try
    It's always a good time
    Even if you don't like "Call Me Maybe," I'm hoping that you'll still like this song.

Oh, and Krissy, that Superman/Batman/Nightwing parody image was hilarious! I'm pretty sure that Batman hates the song, but everybody else in the DC Universe likes it, including his own sidekicks and allies. I'd probably think that Wolverine would hate it too, but everybody else in the Marvel Universe would like it. The thing is, though, when it comes to superhero-themed parodies of "Call Me Maybe," I've seen more from DC Comics than I have from Marvel Comics.
    Is that your final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    You know, it seems to me that a lot of you tend to hate the most catchiest songs, but I don't know why... For me, a song that I would hate would be "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO, which is a music group that I really can't stand.

Anyway, going back to Carly Rae Jepsen, she also collaborated with Owl City on their "Good Time" song.

We don't even have to try
    It's always a good time
    Even if you don't like "Call Me Maybe," I'm hoping that you'll still like this song.

Oh, and Krissy, that Superman/Batman/Nightwing parody image was hilarious! I'm pretty sure that Batman hates the song, but everybody else in the DC Universe likes it, including his own sidekicks and allies. I'd probably think that Wolverine would hate it too, but everybody else in the Marvel Universe would like it. The thing is, though, when it comes to superhero-themed parodies of "Call Me Maybe," I've seen more from DC Comics than I have from Marvel Comics.
    Part of it is a song being Catchy isn't really anything to be proud of, I'm stealing this quote (I don't remember where from) but any corprate entity can write a catchy tune. Catchy isn't bad, but at this point it's pretty superfluous.

The problem is her vocals, while not bad, aren't that good, and the lyrics are so shallow and stupid.

And I will agree with you on LMFAO. They are awful.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What is wrong with liking something that is just catchy? Maybe corporations can produce them, but it doesn't change the fact it's catchy. Just sounds like elitism to me.

There's nothing wrong with liking something that's catchy and good. The problem is that being catchy alone does not make a song good. It is perfectly possible for a song to be catchy and bad.

I have never heard this song and don't plan to, but there have been a number of relatively amusing memes that have sprouted from it, so at least there's that.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What that guy said.

Edit: I was referring to The Man.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Here's an example of a song that's both catchy and wonderful.

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Here's an example of a song that's both catchy and wonderful.

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping - YouTube
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
    That awkward moment when a song by a British band of anarchists is banned from being listened to in Britain

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but your fly is undone, so zip it maybe.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you think that song is annoyingly catchy, you haven't yet heard this.

How is that even remotely a catchy a song?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    You know, it seems to me that a lot of you tend to hate the most catchiest songs, but I don't know why... For me, a song that I would hate would be "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO.

Many times, I tend to hate a song because it is catchy. For example, I also dislike "Want You Back" by Cher Lloyd.

I hate LMFAO. My happens like "Sexy and you know it" as well as "Sorry For Party Rocking." We own Now 42 which has that song and I always hit the skip button before my mom knows it's about to begin. She starts to figure it out when we go through the disc twice without hearing it.

Just because she co-oped with Owl City, doesn't make "Call Me Maybe" a decent song.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Just because she co-oped with Owl City, doesn't make "Call Me Maybe" a decent song.
    Why should Owl City make anything decent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Why should Owl City make anything decent?
    Owl City?
    I don't give a hoot about them....