Thread: Is there nothing i can do ?

Default Is there nothing i can do ?

Need help please..

Get stuck in Marsh Cave at level 8. Fighter ,Black Belt , White Mage , Black Mage.
    Run out of potion , tent , antidote while poisoned and should head town nearby.

I've tried so hard to make it but what could a Fighter do all alone to go back to Elfland.
    Is this what Game Over mean ?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just keep running from battles until you get back to Elfland with whoever is left of your party. You can visit the church/clinic to revive party members there. The Marsh Cave is pretty nasty and you will need a lot of potions and antidotes to get through it. I recommend about 30 each if you are having trouble. You may also want to upgrade your Fighters gear with whatever is available in Elfland and Pravoka. I also recommend teaching your Black Mage Thundara as well cause their is a nasty set of enemies guarding the Crown at the bottom of the Marsh Cave and it's the only element that they don't resist.

If you need to, there is a tiny peninsula northeast from Pravoka that has some high level monsters as random encounters. If you teach your Black Mage Fira, They can wipe out these enemies in about two spell casts and net you a ton of Exp. and Gil for this point of the game.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I usually aim to be around level 15 when I tackle the Marsh Cave. Poison can really hurt an underleveled party.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

That's it. Poison is reducing the HP as i walking in world map. It is not easy to running away from any kind of wolf or other at first fleeing.
    Man , it was desperating. Right now , i make a new data with the same character.

I have ever succeeded in Marsh Cave at level 10 using Fighter , Black Belt , Red Mage , Black Mage before. But the data has been lost.

Maybe i was too overconfident there.
    Entering the cave with a few stock of potion and antidote.
    But i did teached the mage Fira , Thundara , Dia.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the Marsh Cave is pretty brutal. It kicked my ass in my last playthrough of FFI.

I remember getting absolutely violated by the Marsh Cave, multiple times. I hadn't learnt of "The Corner" (as I called it, which I think sounds a lot better than "Peninsula of Power-Leveling") yet, and I think I was going by one of Jeff Rovin's cheesy-ass paperbacks, which told me to grind Ogres until Level 9 and buy the Silver Sword.

Just shameful. Though, I have to admit, the largely useless book did motivate me to learn by experimentation.

Grinding Ogres, that's what I did.
    Basically when you get stuck in this game, just level level level...

Yeah right.
    I need to throw out those all my junior character journey.

I thought it was me who is shameful for just completing Marsh Cave , I have to buy too many luggage , skill , and having a high level.

Instead , I need to defeat more than Ogres ?
    Yeah peninsula , i have not tried it before.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

There was this time where my cousin got screwed over by the Marsh Cave. We were kids back then, so he actually broke down and started crying because he felt that he had to start the whole game over. When his father saw that he was crying, he carried on that the game was stupid. This only upset my cousin further.

I think of that memory every single time I play through that part and make sure to overlevel as an act of petty revenge for my cousin.

The Marsh Cave is your rite of passage for playing Final Fantasy. It doesn't matter how many other challenges you've beaten in the rest of the series; if you haven't beaten the Marsh Cave, you aren't worth a damn.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The correct level for the Marsh Cave is 20. What do you think you are even doing there at level 8? At level 8 you should still be around Pravoka!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

?

Level 12 is acceptable.
    Level 14 is over-powered.
    Level 20 is WTF are you wasting so much time leveling for?? You could beat the last boss at 20.
    On the NES version.

Level 8 is probably good enough, you just need a very, very generous supply of Anitdotes and Potions (PURE and HEAL if you're playing the NES version) and a little luck: even at about level 12 the result of the battle in front of the Crown chest is annoyingly unpredictable

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    The correct level for the Marsh Cave is 20.
    I don't think I've ever bothered to go much higher than level 15 before the Marsh Cave, and even that felt over-leveled.