Thread: Need help

Default Need help

I'm stuck in this one cave on the very first continent you start in the beginning of the story. It's called the Earthgift Shrine. Anyways, it's the one where you eventually reach a dungeon with four rooms, which contain a different boss, Cerberus, Two-headed Dragon, Ahriman and Echidna. I've beaten the four bosses already, but I don't know where to go next. Help?

Well, presumably you're in the endgame stages and you're trying to clear out all the bonus dungeons before tackling the final boss, yes?

If that's the case, the next dungeon you want is the Hellfire Chasm. That one is up in the chain of islands where you meet Bahamut. I forget exactly which island, but there aren't that many. The Hellfire Chasm is on one of those.

Actually, I don't think I'm anywhere close to the final stages. I only have the earth crystal right now. I can only make use of the sea ship right now, so I can't land anywhere in the northern continent (no ports). I have spent time looking everywhere, but no luck and no characters that would point me to any other spots in the game. So I'm totally lost right now.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need to take your ship southeast in the Outer Ocean and you will find a port by a forest, the forest will lead to a lake and the city of Crescent. There you'll get some info about the Fiends and a canoe which you can take to reach Gulug Volcano and the Ice Cave northwest from Crescent. You are suppose to go to Gulug Volcano and face Marilith, but you can also sequence break and head to the Ice Cave instead, which nets you the item needed to retrieve the Airship from the southern desert.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC View Post
    Actually, I don't think I'm anywhere close to the final stages. I only have the earth crystal right now.
    You mean you actually went through the whole Earthgift Shrine and took out all 4 bosses in the early stage of the game? :freak:

That's crazy, dude. When I do it in the late-game, I sometimes have a little trouble with those bosses. You must have gone balls-to-the-walls. Well, in that case, do what Wolf Kanno said.