Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dragon age 2

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default dragon age 2

why are you so mediocre?

i mean i like the hacky-slashy combat but MAN does this game actually get decent? i'm just doing fetch quests for this silly dwarf and don't really care for any of my characters aside from cute elf girl and unstable gun-toting dwarf so I kind of shelved it. is it worth picking back up or should i just let it sit there?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Not really. DA1 will always be the best. It gets rather linear with the personal stories too (especially the romances). It doesn't have the hook that DA1 had in any way :/

I've been wanting to play it again for more achievements but I just cba.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The game never gets good. Just sell it right now while it's still worth more than 10 cents and never look back.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

That's disappointing! I'm hoping DA3 isn't terrible and gives us the best from both games. Buuuuuut Bioware sold their souls to EA so we'll get a rushed inferior product with day one DLC!

Huxley, it's only like six bucks to buy used at the exchange anyway so I figure I would just get a dime for it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Unless you're really into it's character drama potential it's awful. Like, I love it. But hate it way more. I like it even less now that they've come out stating that they're dropping a majority of Champion of Kirkwall arc for DA3, literally every choice you make in that game has been spat out as "pointless".
    That said. Yay! Back to Morrigan and Sten. My perfect babies.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm always tempted to pick this up pre owned but I've heard so many negatives about it I've never bothered. Can anybody say for sure whether or not DA2 is really worth playing at all?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    I'm always tempted to pick this up pre owned but I've heard so many negatives about it I've never bothered. Can anybody say for sure whether or not DA2 is really worth playing at all?
    Only if you're a hardcore DA fan Then again, I know someone who is and they couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh shut up you prudes. It's no da1 but its not super horrible Omg. The combat is fun, the story is a.bit weak but hey so was FF xiii. If you play it as a mediocre game then you won't be disappointed. Plus varric is like one of the best characters ever.

It will be important for da3 which will be in orlais

Sex scenes lol

also, I dig the setting..

Makes me wanna D&D all over it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

No, it never gets any better than it starts out, so if you don't like it so far, don't bother picking it back up.

Honestly, in my humble opinion, it isn't an AWFUL game, certainly not half as bad as everyone online made it out to be when it was released. It's just not a great one. I have to be honest, I didn't enjoy Origins any moreso. They're both just okay games.

I do have to call them out on recycling the same exact dungeon over and over again though. That was crap.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Amazon was selling the Origins Ultimate Edition and DAII for $10 so i figured what the hell, especially because I wanted to try the first one. I'm thoroughly enjoying Origins which surprises the heck out of me for a hardcore JRPG fan who tried and failed to get into WRPGs... really sad to hear the other half of my purchase isn't worth it, but hopefully i'll at least have a lot of content to play in Origins...

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh shut up you prudes. It's no da1 but its not super horrible Omg. The combat is fun, the story is a.bit weak but hey so was FF xiii. If you play it as a mediocre game then you won't be disappointed. Plus varric is like one of the best characters ever.

It won't. They're literally scrapping 90% of DA2's content, save for concluding Hawke's story in DA3. No finding out about the mirror, no Exalted Marches, no conclusive romances/choices etc. So yeah. It's a horrible game based on the fact that it's a cash in on a GotY that ultimately failed in every aspect save for character drama.

I love it to bits, but it's so very niche, and barely canon.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! I'll pick it up when I'm finished with my Assassin's Creed series catch up

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's wrong, it really is an atrociously bad game by every metric! Save yourself before it's too late!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Milf is wrong. He's just picky! Fenris love for the win! Hawke taking recycled kirkwall maps with strength and vigor! The first two acts are cool. I love the qunari being the baddies. The thrift act is where I lost interest but its not a horrible game. I believe its only $19.99 right now and its well worth that price. It may not be perfect but its far from horrible.