Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screw Final Fantasy... Squenix please remake...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tongue Screw Final Fantasy... Squenix please remake...

We always talk about FF remakes, but what about the rest of the Square and Enix library? Which titles would you like to see remade and why?

I think Xenogears is on the top of my list, partially because it's a phenomenal game but also because it really needs a remake whereas other games I can think of are actually pretty solid as they are. I can't really think of anyway a remake could improve Chrono Trigger for instance. Crono Cross is another close contender but then I realized it probably wouldn't get the changes I wanted.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'd say Super Mario RPG but I really don't want a remake. Just a true sequel.

A remake of Secret of Mana that includes everything cut from the game's planning stages, when it was supposed to be a CD game on the Nintendo Playstation.

How about a remake of Vagrant Story that actually makes the game fun to play? Maybe like doing something to make the combos more manageable, and putting in other elements so that it doesn't devolve into "Block Puzzle: The Game".

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^ You are talking crazy. Vagrant Story is nothing but awesomesause.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah VS doesn't need to be remade. A sequel would be sweet though!

I agree with Wolf that Xenogears could benefit from a remake. Maybe actually flesh out the last third of the story this time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You are talking crazy. Vagrant Story is nothing but awesomesauce.
    Then I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Vagrant Story. Well, one of two people; a friend of mine came up with that "Block Puzzle: The Game" quip.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Just give me an actual Disc 2 of Xenogears and none of that "sitting in a chair while Fei and Elly whine about everything" bull.

Gimme Zweihander and Bushido Blade HD please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Bushido Blade HD please.

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.PNG

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I want rerelease of Japanese home computer games and remake of Blassty a science fiction RPG. I couldn't play it due emulation problems.

Or just release a new Sci fi RPG with a lot of mechas.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2099 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You are talking crazy. Vagrant Story is nothing but awesomesauce.
    Then I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Vagrant Story. Well, one of two people; a friend of mine came up with that "Block Puzzle: The Game" quip.
    Yes, you and your friend are alone in not understanding the greatness of Vagrant Story.

I will vote in Chrono Trigger just to piss y'alls off. Plus watching the characters slide sideways across the screen while walking (because there's no diagonal animation) is just weird. I hella don't find that sh$ nostalgic. Also I have to actually play my PlayStation version on my slow-assed PlayStation (lucky I still own it) because the PlayStation is just a port from the SNES. In this way, a PlayStation game which is already only half-compatible with its successor is even less compatible. Therefore, Chrono Trigger needs to be remade just so I can play a game without having to wait a half hour for a single battle to BEGIN!
    I haven't found a copy of the DS version, so I don't know if the dual-screen solved the 15-minute waiting period for opening a g*dd**n'd menu.

Vagrant Story needs a remake or at least a port. PlayStation memory cards are too small when Vagrant Story takes up 3 frickin' blocks per save. Add SaGa Frontier to that mess and any other game whose save data took more than a single block on a memory card. At least I don't have to buy 12 memory cards for the PS2/3 just to play some of the better RPGs out there.

Threads of Fate needs a remake... trying for a more mature theme, but let's not go overboard. We've seen the results of trying TOO hard.

Final Fantasy I&2 were first ported to the PlayStation then semi-HD'd for the PSP. Star Ocean First Departure and Second Evolution got the same makeover for the PSP, but I target the titles for PS3/360 remake status.

I for one, loved Guardian Crusade. But... remake.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vagrant Story was released on PSN a while back so memory card space should not be an issue. I never played VS until this year, and I loved it, so that should show how well this game has aged. Really the only thing that you can upgrade are the graphics and perhaps assign some hotkeys to quickly change your equipment.

ToF doesn't need a remake either! Another Square classic that I did not play until this year and found nothing dated about it. The graphics are perfect for this game and could not be any better. Also the somewhat simple gameplay should not be tweaked because it would take away from the light-hearted nature of the story.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Agreed with Xenogears and Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross has the same major problem as Xenogears - far too much important plot is revealed through exposition at the end of the game rather than being revealed naturally through gameplay.

Also agreed with Secret of Mana being re-released with restorations of all the sections that were originally cut out.

Other than that I can't think of anything that desperately needs a remake but Square Enix really need to release Seiken Densetsu 3 outside of Japan.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Damn-ed! I really need a PS3 so I can finally exploit this PSN everyone around me seems to be in on.

You know, I didn't think much about the timing of the revelations of Chrono Cross. It does seem like most of the game really is just a game as the characters are just kind of wandering about with little to no purpose.