Thread: This is becoming the new KH3 for me

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default This is becoming the new KH3 for me

I remember after beating KH2, I was so excited for KH3. And it never come. And its been years and not even started working on it, but have put out many other KH games that just aren't 3. And what, I got tired of waiting and no longer can even care if they release it honestly.

With that said, this is how I am starting to feel about this game. It looks like it has the potential to put FF series back on top of the gaming world in terms of quality, but 6 years and very little to no actual progress being released, I am starting to turn into the same mindset of KH3, and that sucks cause I really really want this game

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well it's actually because of Versus XIII that KH3 is on hold since the core KH team is working on Versus XIII. I'll admit that I pretty much have given up actually giving a real damn about this game. If it comes it comes, but I am no longer waiting with baited breath for its release, nor do I feel the game could ever hope to live up to the hype surrounding it with most fans.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

When Kingdom Hearts 3 (hopefully) comes out, I'm looking forward to that one guy who bought Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and was either completely in the dark about the spin-offs, or assumed that they meant nothing. Chances are he'll get lost after seeing Axel's clone who is Axel but isn't and Sora holding Roxas' heart but Roxas exists in Sora's dreams in a parallel Universe where Kairi learned to get the Keyblade after Riku (who was possessed by half of Ansem's Heartless) convinced her to do so, after being led astray by Yen Cid, who, along with Riku's heartless and Ven and Marluxia's heartless is threatening to break into Kingdom Hearts in order to...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I didn't even care about Versus when it was first announced. I'm actually more excited for it than every right now.

It will be awesome but like every FF game since FFVII 90% of the people who played prior FF titles will piss and moan and say it's terrible.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well that's a FF fan tradition.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

They need to get on with KHIII. I mean don't get me wrong, I've loved most of the spinoffs so far, and I'm excited about the idea of a Birth By Sleep 2, but KHII is almost ten years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief View Post
    When Kingdom Hearts 3 (hopefully) comes out, I'm looking forward to that one guy who bought Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and was either completely in the dark about the spin-offs, or assumed that they meant nothing. Chances are he'll get lost after seeing Axel's clone who is Axel but isn't and Sora holding Roxas' heart but Roxas exists in Sora's dreams in a parallel Universe where Kairi learned to get the Keyblade after Riku (who was possessed by half of Ansem's Heartless) convinced her to do so, after being led astray by Yen Cid, who, along with Riku's heartless and Ven and Marluxia's heartless is threatening to break into Kingdom Hearts in order to...
    Hah! I lol'ed. I'm glad I gave up on this story after KH2.

As for Versus XIII; stopped caring years ago. Liked the gameplay trailer nonetheless, which had me interested again... for a little while. Aaaaaand it's gone.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I almost never cared about this game. Square Enix has become a company of false promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I almost never cared about this game. Square Enix has become a company of false promises.
    I have to sadly agree with this because they haven't given us a Type 0 English translation like they promised either. They get too carried away with new ideas and then get ambushed with too many projects at once. They need to focus on one or two project at a time. Instead of KH part 3000 and FF XIII part 5. I liked FF XIII and FF XIII-2 but it the original game ended on a right path and now just stretching it out is a little pointless. They didn't need to make FF XIII-2 because FF XIII was fine by itself.

I pictured Serah finding her sister again, married to Snow with a young baby. Fang and Vanille as a couple and adopting a child of their own. Sa
    zh's son all growing up and same with Hope, and Hope and Snow becoming new best of friends.

FF XIII does have haters but then so does every other Final Fantasy some just more than others. FF IX has a hatebase because of it's childlike appearance, are they going to make a FF IX-2 Kuja Strikes back ? ( sarcasm ) They didn't really need to change anything to try and please the haters and just instead give us Versus a new story and Type- 0.
    Last edited by maybee; 08-11-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Maybe if we press Square Enix about KHIII we might hear something the same way it worked with Versus. Honestly though, I haven't really thought about KHIII since I finished the second one however long ago.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The delays on Vs XIII are horrendous. I'd love to see it go cross platform though and in all honesty I do believe that if Square are serious about recuperating the losses of paying a team for 6+ years of work on a game it has to go multi-format. Still the good news is it hasn't been cancelled.

When Versus hits store shelves:

It will be playable only on the PlayStation Visor.
    It will be known as Terra Proxy.
    Type-0 will be released for PlayStation3D and XBLOX.
    Type-0 will contain a playable demo Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis.
    Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis will then be released no one will want it.
    Before Crisis will be playable on 4DS. It will be exactly like Type-0.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So the 25th Anniversary Event came and all we got on news about Versus XIII is "Wait a little longer". You know, Kotaku is pretty much tit, but considering the only evidence we have that this game is still be worked on is just a Squenix staff saying so doesn't really help with the confidence that something truly terrible must have happened during this games development which is causing the delay. I still don't think its far fetched to believe this game may have been scrapped and Squenix just wants fans to forget about it.

EDITGA: Looks like Versus XIII will be a no show at the 2012 Tokyo Game Show this month.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm getting sick and tired of the moans of fans that we still don't have a KH3. People! You are still getting Kingdom Hearts games! And damn amazing ones at that! What's the difference other than a number? I mean, I get that you may not have the handheld it is for, but don't say the series is dead then, sheesh. The ones that came out after II are, aside from one of them, all better than it...

As for Versus XIII, while not as excited as I used to be, I am still looking forward to it. Maybe it helps that I don't even own a PS3 yet, but what little info we have is still satisfying for me. On the other hand, FF stopped being my number one gaming series a while ago, so maybe that's why I'm not putting so much heart in it... I don't know...

One could say it's the same for Final Fantasy fans who keep getting spin-offs and sequels instead of Final Fantasy Versus (which they blindly hope will be better than XIII) or FFXV.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.