Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What game genre are you the WORST at?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Default What game genre are you the WORST at?

For me, it's fighting games. I think they're fun, but all I do is smash random buttons and hope something happens.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Also fighting games for me. I am actually good in my group of friends the rare time we play against each other, but if you put me up against ANYONE that plays even half hearted, I will get utterly DESTROYED.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

C-c-c-combo breaker. (SPOILER) Nah, I'm not too great at fighting games either. That and shooters.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty decent with fighting game, as long as you can block and fight back, you'll do pretty good.

What I'm not good, though, are the sports games. The computer always cheat, and whenever I do good against another player, they would rage quit on me.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sports is the most obvious since I don't play them at all so I would probably be at a loss if I had to play a few rounds of one. Any game with a First Person perspective tends to throw me off, especially if it has platform elements since I seem to be completely inept at telling space and distance very well.

Yeah, probably fighting games. And online multiplayer games. I was never very good at playing Warcraft III on Battle.net. If I did 4-player teams, I was okay because I had teammates to help out, but one-on-one I was hideous.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wii games. I know a shoddy worksman blames his tools, but smurfing hell.

Blog Entries

The only games I'm not completely badass at are sports games. Because I never play them. Because I don't like them. Platformers and fighting games I'm awesome at, shooters and RPGs I'm pretty damn great at, and everything else I'm at least good at. But sports games... Ugh.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles
    Blog Entries

I consider myself a well-rounded gamer, so it's hard for me to pick an area of weakness. I also think you guys aren't giving sports games a fair shot; a lot of them can be incredibly fun even if you don't play the sport or have any interest in it.

If I had to pick one, I would say dating sims, because I'm such an amazing person to be around in real life, my choices probably wouldn't correspond with someone's who's experience with socializing is relegated to implementing them into a computer program.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to play American football games with my friend. It was brilliant. I knew nothing about handegg before, and... well, I still know nothing. Same with golf games. They're just great fun to play with friends. I hate football games, though.

Either racing sims or RTS games. Those are the genres I play the least, so it makes sense.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I consider myself a well-rounded gamer, so it's hard for me to pick an area of weakness. I also think you guys aren't giving sports games a fair shot; a lot of them can be incredibly fun even if you don't play the sport or have any interest in it.

If I had to pick one, I would say dating sims, because I'm such an amazing person to be around in real life, my choices probably wouldn't correspond with someone's who's experience with socializing is relegated to implementing them into a computer program.
    My issue with sports games is that I don't really see the point. If I wanted to play football for instance, I would just make time with a few friends or join a local recreational center team. Other than that, I don't feel there is anything inherently bad, it just confounds me why someone would bother playing something you can do freely. Course I extend this sentiment to watching sports as well. Watching other people play is boring.

The fun of dating sims isn't making the right choices, its making the wrong fun choices and watching the hilarity that ensues. Can't really do that in real life and still stay friends with some people.

Blog Entries

All.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I am absolutely horrible at sports games. It isn't fair. A toddler with no thumbs and one good eye could probably play an NFL game far better than I could. I haven't purchased a sports game since 2006 when I picked up that year's NHL from 2K.

I'm also pretty bad at fighting games. I'm not the worst person I know, but there are still a great number of people that would mop the floor with me. Take the no thumbs, one eyed toddler I mentioned earlier. Give that little son of a bitch a puppy to play with while we're in the middle of a Mortal Kombat match and he'd still win.

And my 15 year old brother likes to make me look like a frog on a log when we play shooter games, but besides when I play with him I am actually pretty good.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly? 4X games. God do I love them, but I rarely have the time to devote to properly learning them these days so I play on low difficulties to feel like a badass.