Thread: I thought when you had 1HP you did something amazing!!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I thought when you had 1HP you did something amazing!!

I'm playing a version of FFVI (it's the characters replaced by characters from a TV show I'm a fan of) and I had one character left and she (he in FFVI) had only one HP left - I thought if you chose "Attack" when you have only one HP left you did a very powerful attack - instead she just attacked normally...

There is only a one in sixteen chance that a desperation attack will happen. The character doesn't have to be at 1HP, though; as long as the character is half-slumped over, there is a potential for a desperation attack. I believe as long as they are at less than one-eighth of their total HP, this will be the case.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Yeah, it's a random occurrence, and only happens when a character is in critical condition. I never try to play those odds; I usually get burned by it.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    There is only a one in sixteen chance that a desperation attack will happen. The character doesn't have to be at 1HP, though; as long as the character is half-slumped over, there is a potential for a desperation attack. I believe as long as they are at less than one-eighth of their total HP, this will be the case.
    Ah I eee. The first time I completed (the real) FFVI it was an easy version (in fact, didn't you make it?) so I never got low HP, but on my playstation it happened once.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2099 View Post
    Yeah, it's a random occurrence, and only happens when a character is in critical condition. I never try to play those odds; I usually get burned by it.
    I wouldn't risk it usually, but Atma (Ultima in this version) was cheating and I was getting desperate.

Blog Entries

Which tv show?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!