Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Self-esteem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    I'm pretty much reliant on my high self esteem.
    Well, that's honest of you. It's not the best way to get girls, but it's honest.
    I disagree. Most women respond well to my attitude. The fact that I consider myself worthwhile is appealing to them, to put it in the words of a girl I met recently; It makes them feel that if I value myself and and yet showed them interest means that I hold them in relative esteem compared to myself. I'd agree with her, I have to think highly of anyone I would consider for a relationship because I couldn't bring myself to bother with someone I didn't think of at least as highly as I think of myself.
    I'm sure you are a ladykiller. Justify it to me some more!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I figure this might be somewhat discretely aimed in my direction. I know that at times people assume me to be arrogant because I'm self confident but you can be self confident and yet maintain an honest/modest opinion of yourself. For example knowing you are not the ugliest guy out there doesn't make you arrogant, arrogance would be to say you're the best looking guy out there or one of them regardless of the facts.
    It actually wasn't. Not everything is about you y'know.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not everything is immediately about him, sure, but sooner or later, everything boils down to Iceglow.

Frankly I don't give a smurf what you think because I can't hear you over the sound of just how freaking awesome I am.

Frame it.
    Last edited by Criminally Vulgar; 08-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."

Have any of you seen the episode of Penn & Teller's Bulltrout where they talk about self-esteem? I don't agree with all of it, but there are some good points made.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

I'm okay. I like me. I'm not horrible. I love me. I want me. I hate me. I think I'm disgusting. I need a hug. I'm awesome. I'm stupid. I'm f-ing brilliant. I'm right. I'm a pig. I'm a lech. I'm a player... no I'm not. I need a snack. I need exercise. Suck in that gut! I need a shower. No, I just showered last week. No one likes me. Some people do. Nobody hates me. No one I know. I just can't talk to people. I can talk, I just don't trust people to listen. I know they'll listen... to every stupid and pathetic thing that comes out of the trashbin I call a mouth. I have bad breath, I should brush my teeth. Eh, there's nothing noticeable in my teeth. I'm so dirty. I'm a saint. You are beneath me. Don't hurt me. I'm sorry. I'm a liar. I'm funny. I'm honest. I insult people. The world has enough of me. The world needs more of me.

I'm pretty sure that tells you what you need to know.

(SPOILER)EDIT: When I first posted this, I went back to change some spelling and missing words and when I looked back (and the "Edited" text was showing) it just looked like I had gone back to make it longer.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I sold it all when I entered the ugly world of the adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Steve I'm sorry I simply cannot believe that you're some Cockney Fonz. You are at best a sitcom comedy grotesque with absolutely no self awareness. However if it works it works. knock yerself out. I might move to London meself, I mean if a leather-clad eyebrow with an underbite can get women in their droves, I reackon I'm in with a chance.