Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Whenever I see a stranger crying out in public, I always listen to them talk about their problems. You would be surprised how many people will open up to strangers.
    When I worked at the Christian bookstore, there was a man who came in crying because his son had committed suicide a year before, and he couldn't get over it (understandably.) I spent like, 30 minutes with him (we weren't busy) and talked with him. I even gave him a hug and he cried for several minutes, and I cried with him.

I got in trouble. And frankly, I didn't give any smurfs.
    Yeah that's a shame. I had one woman who's boyfriend left her with a baby (a few months old) and after rent and bills she could barely afford food for herself so I had to take her grocery shopping. I felt really bad for her because I could really only give her a temporary fix so I do hope she got things figured out.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Whenever I see a stranger crying out in public, I always listen to them talk about their problems. You would be surprised how many people will open up to strangers.
    When I worked at the Christian bookstore, there was a man who came in crying because his son had committed suicide a year before, and he couldn't get over it (understandably.) I spent like, 30 minutes with him (we weren't busy) and talked with him. I even gave him a hug and he cried for several minutes, and I cried with him.

I got in trouble. And frankly, I didn't give any smurfs.
    Once when I was working the Target return desk this little boy came in nearly in tears because the new CD he bought had "bad words" in it and he didn't like it and wanted to return it. Now, returning an open CD without exchanging it for the same thing is a GIGANTIC NO-NO but there was no way I was going to turn the boy down so I returned it for him.

I got in big ol' trouble and I didn't care.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My faith in humanity is restored!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.