Cricket reporting in

there was a picture here

none.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    My ex tried tom convince me she could dunk. There's no way a 5'6 140 lbs woman in dunking. I'm sorry it ain't happening.
    I used to be able to dunk in high school but I can barley touch rim now
    I'm shorter and weigh less than her and I can dunk so yeah it's possible. Again, can only do it if I have a good running start. Dunking has less to do with weight and height then it does with speed and leverage. Being tall doesn't automatically mean you can dunk.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I used to play some badminton and netball. Not been doing any sports for a good four years though - university made me lazy. Once I'm making some money, maybe I'll get back into stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I am good at no sports. I don't tend to be terrible at sports, either - I just lack the physical presence for the ones I enjoy and the enthusiasm for those that I don't need such physical presence. I still enjoy a good game of cricket and I've been told I'm not a bad bowler. I can hit a tennis ball bloody far, too, but against a cricket ball it's a different story, going back to the whole physical presence thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    My ex tried tom convince me she could dunk. There's no way a 5'6 140 lbs woman in dunking. I'm sorry it ain't happening.
    I'm shorter and weigh less than her and I can dunk so yeah it's possible. Again, can only do it if I have a good running start. Dunking has less to do with weight and height then it does with speed and leverage. Being tall doesn't automatically mean you can dunk.
    you can palm a basketball and get it up 10 feet in the air? O_o I'm sorry I just don't believe it. I used to be able to high jump over 6 feet and I could just barley dunk. Most WNBA players can't dunk. If you can dunk then why are you not like a woman's basketball phenom?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It was probably like at my high school, where there were lower hoops on some courts than on others. I don't know why - possibly they do it so that it's a reasonable size compared to younger kids or something. I definitely remember some people being able to dunk at my high school.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Tennis and badminton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I can run.
    I'd like to watch. (someone had to say it)

I like to run around in circles.

Wait, wait, wait a minute. Wait a minute. Hold on.
    Does Ping Pong count as a sport? 'Cause I'm no good at Ping Pong.

I liked basketball back in school but I haven't played it in years on account of having never had the chance. I'd probably be useless at it now.

Also I seemed to have a slight natural talent for playing on defence in football but I would rather take a bath in your mother's period blood than even watch it, much less play it. Still though, knock a ball in my direction and, if I'm not in my right mind (in my right mind I would normally let it pass me by so its poor owner has to crawl into a nettle bush to retrieve it) my drilled-in-by-havin'-football-shoved-down-my-throat-for-countless-years instincts overtake me I will trap it and pass it back something fierce, then move on.

Blog Entries

I am crazy good at dressage.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    you can palm a basketball and get it up 10 feet in the air? O_o I'm sorry I just don't believe it. I used to be able to high jump over 6 feet and I could just barley dunk. Most WNBA players can't dunk. If you can dunk then why are you not like a woman's basketball phenom?
    You don't have to believe it. My brother didn't either and that's when I dunked on him. I'm pretty sure women dunking is not as amazing as you're making it out to be. Sure it's uncommon, but not some mystical "phenom."

Anyway, I have no interest in playing basketball apart from my playing knock out with my cousins once in a blue moon. I'm not much of a sports person as I presume all you nerds on here aren't either.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Shiny palming a ball is much less surprising than her dunking, assuming she uses a women's ball. And no, women dunking is not at all mystical (it's very rare in actual games, but many women can do it in a gym), though I have never heard of a woman much under 6' being able to dunk. Or really anyone, male or female, only 5'1". That's some major jumping skills.

On a similar subject, I was at my uncle's house over the weekend and the gold medal women's basketball game was on, and he was commenting, in response to my cousin's question, that a mere ~6' woman who was a SG/SF on the USA's team couldn't dunk because she's "just a girl." I disputed him that it was impossible, but couldn't back it up with anything concrete. You should upload a video I can send to him (and also so I can curse my white man's knees in shame).

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty beastly at lacrosse. I had one of the best shots on the team for two years.

I can also play some damn fine hockey when I keep at my skating.