Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things that go bump in the night

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Things that go bump in the night

What things scare the bajesus out of you?

Poisonous things like scorpions and rattlesnakes scare the trout out of me. Natural disasters scare me because I've never been in one and don't know what to expect, hypothetically speaking. Needles scare me because I was in and out of the hospital a lot as a kid and the nurses could never find my vein, so they'd poke me over and over.

Also, I was mortified of Dracula and vampires as a child.

What choo fraid of, EoFF?

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Love.

/thread

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm not afraid of anythang.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You two are the worst.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, my answer makes sense. Love makes people weak. My hated archnemesis Dr. Psychopathico would be able to strike at me through my loved ones.

I'm joking, of course. Dr. Psychopathico is a puppy dog. We all know my real nemesis is Dr. Light and that machina infernalis of his. You will never know how close my esteemed colleague Wily was to a cure for cancer when that damned robot broke into his lab, destroyed his research, and murdered him. We must remain strong to resist such evil.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

A truly accurate answer would take too much time and no such things go bump in the night. The darkness is nothing to be afraid of.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Psychological type horror as seen in Silent Hill 2 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can play those games perfectly calm, but the idea does scare me. If anything remotely close to the settings of those games happened in real life I would be a mess.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Moths.

Blog Entries

I'm not really afraid of most anything. There are the innate human fears of dying alone and typically being unnerved by things unknown, but those are pretty easy to come to terms with. And darkness isn't so much a fear, it just makes you proceed with caution. Putting aside things that are a little scary but don't make me lose my cool (going outside to check what that noise was, for example; I know I can take care of myself no matter what's out there), the only things that I actually have a real fear of are drowning and THOSE GIANT smurfING COCKROACHES WITH THE WINGS. Because when I was 6 I was learning how to swim and one of those giant smurfers swam in my mouth and I freaked out and almost died. I was coughing up water for a few minutes and was shaking like crazy.

So yeah. Giant cockroaches and drowning are my phobias. But nothing else is really scary at all as long as you remind yourself that you're a smurfing human being and can take care of yourself by remaining calm and rational in the face of adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Psychological type horror as seen in Silent Hill 2 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I can play those games perfectly calm, but the idea does scare me. If anything remotely close to the settings of those games happened in real life I would be a mess.
    I'm pretty sure I could take on those situations in real life fairly calmly. It's not like video games haven't been mentally preparing us for the weirdest things that could possibly happen. I might be a little jarred at first, but one adapts and overcomes. The idea of being stuck in a world like that is actually kind of exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Moths.
    Goddammit Pike.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I'm pretty sure I could take on those situations in real life fairly calmly. It's not like video games haven't been mentally preparing us for the weirdest things that could possibly happen. I might be a little jarred at first, but one adapts and overcomes. The idea of being stuck in a world like that is actually kind of exciting to me.
    Even the invisible water monster part? See, that's where I would throw my arms up in the air like I am preparing to get my body mutilated and thrown in the air.

I do not suffer from irrational fear. I suffer from instantaneous shock. This means, the sudden appearance of objects within sparse seconds where once there was nothing, impact noises, unexpected impact against my body, or fidgety behavior in other people around me can all inspire the one-time (quiet) jump. In general, I can only be "shocked" once every half-hour or so. So there's only a slim possibility that wandering through a horror house can get the jump on me (since I'm on guard from the moment I walk in as was the case in high school where my teacher asked me to grab an "eyeball" off the floor. I couldn't have cared less if the eyeball were real, I didn't find the situation intimidating although my older cousin standing right next to me was shivering head to toe. Best experience of my life)

As a kid, I once had a huge black spider (legspan approx 2 in) drop from a ceiling fan on top of me. I jumped up, screamed, and ran for my life. Those things are poisonous!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

My future mother-in-law scares me to death. She called my phone once while I was peeing and I dropped my phone in the potty.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cockroaches, centipedes and eternity shake me up.

That being said, I startle very easily. For example, the other day I was helping my friends paint their new house and I was in the bathroom, just paaaaainting away. When Greg says "That's some good painting" from the doorway and I screamed because I didn't know he was there.

Generally though, my response is to punch.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

What is in the dark.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

hearing the national anthem at 3AM only to be followed up with an echoing and emotionless voice informing me the broadcast day is over. then came the colourful bars and high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeep". sends chills down my spine to this day.

and the staggered buzzing from the emergency broadcast system via radio/tv. that is the sound we will all hear before the world ends.