Thread: Junctioning

Recognized Member milliegoesbeep's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Junctioning

I was going to post a thread about the SeeD test answers, but from my experience a lot of players have trouble understanding the junctioning system. It is pretty complicated, but once you get the gist of things it is really easy to follow. I'll try my best in explaining it, but if there's anything I have missed or you still don't understand, please comment.

Junction - Guardian Forces
    GF junctioning is straightforward, so why am I tutorial-ing this part? Well, whichever GF you junction has an impact on what sort of magic you should junction for each character. For example, if you junction Quetzacotl you'll need lightning based magic. Also, be mindful of which GFs and how many you are junctioning to characters. There's no need to give your party evenly distributed GFs if they both have HP-J abilities. Take a look at your GF abilities and sort them to your party.

Junction - Magic

At the start you need to junction magic that suits your GF's element. For example, if you junctioned Diablos to Rinoa, you are better off junctioning Demi to her for an extra boost. Below is a list of magic you are better off junctioning then the list of the ultimate junctions.

Aero: Luck
    Apocolypse: HP/STR/VIT/MAG/SPR
    Double: HIT
    Flare: HP/STR
    Full-Life:
    HP
    Meteor: ​MAG
    Pain:
    MAG/LUCK
    Quake:
    HP/STR
    Reflect:
    HP/SPR
    Thundaga:
    HP
    Tornado:
    HP/EVA
    Ultima:
    HP/STR

You need to aim for:

HP - Full-Life : LG Mag-RF. Refine Regen Rings or Pheonix Spirit. You can find at draw points at the Island closest to Heaven/Hell.
    STR - Ultima : Forbid Mag-RF. Refine Pulse Ammo, Ultima Stone, Energy Crystal, Dark Matter.
    You can find at draw points at the Island closest to Heaven/Hell.
    VIT- Meltdown : Supt Mag-RF. Refine Mystery Fluid. Draw from Trabia in Bika Snowfalls.
    MAG - Meteor: Forbid Mag-RF. Refine Meteor Stone or Star Fragment. Draw points found the Island closest to Hell.
    SPR - Curaga : L Mag-RF. Refine Wizard Stone, Whisper, Healing Mail, Healing Ring, Tent, or Cottage. Draw from Caterchipillar in Balamb Accauld Plains or Mesmerise in Trabia Bika Snowfalls.
    SPD - Triple : Time Mag-RF. Refine Rocket Engine, Samantha Soul or Three Stars. Draw from Grendel, refine Double to Trible using Hi-Mag-RF and
    draw points at the Island closest to Heaven/Hell.
    EVA - Tornado : T Mag-RF. Refine Tornado. Draw from Thrustaveis in the Great Plains of Galbadia
    HIT - Double : Time Mag-RF. Refine Dragon Fin. Draw from Grendel in the Island Closest to Hell.
    Luck - Aura : Supt Mag-RF. Refine Fury Fragment. Draw from Blue Dragon in Trabia Winter Island. Draw from Island closest to Heaven/Hell.

I hope this guide helps you all. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
    ​a calm sea never made a skillful sailor | MILLIEGOESBEEP

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Are the spells you suggested next to the stats the legit most effective ones? That's actually really smurfing handy, if so!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh god. This is why I stopped playing the game. Junction was lame. They were blue mages I didn't get it and I gave up. So SWEET someone actually explained it!

Junction comes across as an excuse not to come up with any interesting equipment and instead tell the player "here you go, customise your character and break the game." I relishingly accepted this. Too bad it makes the game far too easy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh god. This is why I stopped playing the game. Junction was lame. They were blue mages I didn't get it and I gave up. So SWEET someone actually explained it!
    I'm so glad this helps you, hopefully this'll give you a new attitude to the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Are the spells you suggested next to the stats the legit most effective ones? That's actually really smurfing handy, if so!
    Yes, they are. The first list give you the highest stats during the game until you can acquire the last set. Hope this helps

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Indeed. I was never actually aware of what the absolute best spells were for different stats so it's interesting to finally find out if only for the sake of satisfying some latent curiosity. Mind you refining Curaga from tents is usually enough to break the game for much of your play through. In the late game you can just learn encounter none and draw like crazy from the Islands closest to Heaven and Hell. No need to worry about what's most effective then really. It's all good.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I typically just used auto junction and only changed them around if I needed particular spells for elemental/status bonuses. It's good to know that there are specific spells that work best.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice guide there! One question -

Quote Originally Posted by milliegoesbeep View Post
    Apocolypse:
    by Apocalypse, do you mean Holy? If so, I can agree with this. I like sticking with the "rarer" magic for stats like HP, STR, MAG - Ultima, Flare, Holy, Full-life, Meteor.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Nice guide there! One question -

Quote Originally Posted by milliegoesbeep View Post
    Apocolypse:
    by Apocalypse, do you mean Holy? If so, I can agree with this. I like sticking with the "rarer" magic for stats like HP, STR, MAG - Ultima, Flare, Holy, Full-life, Meteor.
    I'm glad it pleases! And yes, Holy/Apocalypse. I'm sorry I didn't clarify, usually the rarer magic gives the best stats anyway so

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Junction comes across as an excuse not to come up with any interesting equipment and instead tell the player "here you go, customise your character and break the game." I relishingly accepted this. Too bad it makes the game far too easy.
    Final Fantasy Adventure, baby. I'd never play it 'cause it's on the NES, but if it was remade for the PS2/whatever, it'd likely be my favorite based on what I've heard of its ease. I'm not a self-acclaimed proud champion gamer like some/most others on this site, so I don't mind a game being easy. My only options for overcoming games with specifics on how to win is to turn to know-it-all douches for tips. Sure, it slightly encourages socializing, but it's not a preferable reason.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What most people tend to slip up on too is the final battle. If you've got all party members at level 100 or whatever and want to be able to win no matter who comes out of the random selections then there's an exceedingly simple solution:

Break your GF's in to pairs, each pair must be compatible with each other to max out the compatibility rating therefore putting something like Shiva & Ifrit together is bad since using fire magic/summoning Ifrit will reduce Shiva's compatibility and vice versa. Shiva and Quezacotl or Siren = fine however. Once happy with your pairings Junction them in to your characters (be sure to have Eden on Squall)

Secondly get the items to make GF's forget abilities. On the second GF of each pair, delete moves such as:
    Attack
    Magic
    Draw
    Sum Mag +10%
    GF HP + 10%

And so forth. Using the spaces created by deleting these basic commands and abilities (what aren't needed) fill in the blanks with some really tasty abilities like Status J x3 and so on and so forth. In fact you can go hog wild, even try and make some ability chains what are unique to the character.

Once you've done that, follow the usual magic junctioning skill (between the two you can in theory junction to all magic stats but it's a careful balance on the abilities and a lot of special items from cards) solution as provided in the OP of this thread.

Now no matter who is drawn to face Ultimecia first you're ready. Now without Holy Wars you're probably still going to lose a few people during the numerous rounds but losing them won't be so bad after all. Also if Griever/Ultimecia Junctioned forms decides to destroy your stock of say Ultima or Full Life you can always kill that character off to remove them and bring someone in at full strength