Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    You're in the wrong thread.
    No my not.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Uh, Hitler's been dead a while, Tigz.
    He said every human on earth. As far as I know, Hitler's body was never fired into the sun.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I couldn't do this to someone else, it wouldn't be fair.
    Now, maybe we could clone Emma Watson and put my brain in her body, then I'd be an immortal Emma Watson clone. Awesome. (broke your logic)
    When everyone is imortal theres pretty much no more need for cloning technology, so you'd have to figure it out yourself, furthermore your brain would deteriorate at the normal rate.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

For a realistic answer I would need more details. Several questions come to mind:

Is everyone granted this gift at the same time, except me and this other person? Or am I granted the ability to ruin someone else's life by negating their immortality whenever I choose? The timeframe in which this all occurs is very important. If it is immediate, then I would probably choose either someone extremely evil that does not deserve life, or someone extremely close to me who would rather not live without me in their life. The former is more likely but you can't really cut out the latter completely.

If I have the ability to remove this gift from whoever I want, then I would hold off on doing so until the time is right.

I would wait until I am dying, from whatever cause. Throughout my life, I would keep detailed notes on whatever is going on in the world and whoever is involved in the most heinous and notorious of criminal activites. Those who are wreckless or abusive of their gift would become top priority for this choice. I would, naturally, be very careful with my life so as not to die prematurely. However, as I got closer to death, I would begin to author a long document detailing each and every wrong that this person has commited. It would explain my life with the knowledge that I alone would face death and include my anger in this sad fact. Finally, I would package it and give it to a trusted friend to deliver to whoever this person is upon my death. I would make several copies for whatever media organizations exist at this point so that my life is known and the warning of what can possibly happen if you abuse your immortality could be. At the end of my letter to my person of choice, I would include several pictures of horses having sex as well as a picture of my gaping asshole. Probably some cheesy and forboding last words too. Something like "And so you shall suffer the same fate as I have." or something really bad like that.

As an aside, a world filled with immortal people who seriously be horrible. Most scientific advances would stop, specifically medical ones, as they would no longer be needed. The population would skyrocket into out of control numbers since nobody is dying. Wars would erupt everywhere as people try to gain more power over each other. It would be horrible.

Immortality having been realized, I can't truly imagine a functioning hierarchy, yet I'd try my best to identify the most powerful immortal to be "stripped" and then I'd make them my b*tch... you know... of course, I mean only in the sexual sense.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I couldn't do this to someone else, it wouldn't be fair.
    Now, maybe we could clone Emma Watson and put my brain in her body, then I'd be an immortal Emma Watson clone. Awesome. (broke your logic)
    When everyone is imortal theres pretty much no more need for cloning technology, so you'd have to figure it out yourself, furthermore your brain would deteriorate at the normal rate.
    Poo

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An immortal society would not be one I would want to live in. Did people not watch Torchwood The Miracle Day? If you make everyone immortal then diseases will still spread, people will still get shot or sick from starving but people will not die. In weeks you'd be looking at the problem of Earth being so over-populated it wouldn't cope and frankly we don't have the technology (well we do but governments would never fund it) to make it possible for such a large population to exist. We would essentially have to create generation ships and send thousands of souls off in to space in search of new homes because honestly we just couldn't do it any other way. This is in weeks those ships would take YEARS to build. In years Earth would be so over-crowded the planet would no longer be habitable. The only way to die would be to cease to exist by literally obliterating every sequence of DNA each individual cell would need turning in to naught but ash. Who would decide who was too ill to be allowed to continue their existence? Who would determine who got to eat when others went without?

If I was in an immortal society but the last mortal left I would chose someone I truly loved to become mortal with me. No one you love ought to be forced to live in such a situation.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I dunno about the population absolutely sky rocketing in weeks but I think yeah we'd run out of space pretty quickly.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A child is born roughly once every 5 seconds globally speaking and I'm fairly certain that's wrong, but it's a nice answer from Google which will suffice to show something. Therefore that gives us a population growth of 17,280 a day. Thats an extra 120,960 a week. 483,840 a month (4 week). 1,451,520 per season (3 months) With no one dying in the mean time?

Now as I said in the first line I think that result is off Google is lying to me. I mean a new baby is born in the UK alone every 8 seconds so lets say it's 0.5 seconds til a child is born which feels like it would be more realistic given the size of the globe. That changes the above figures to 172,800 a day, 1,209,600 a week, 4,838,400 a month, 14,515,200 in just 12 weeks, 58,060,800 in a year. With 0 deaths in that time, it'd be pretty smurfed up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dude, we can fit that many people on Australia easy.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Dude, we can fit that many people on Australia easy.
    All the Americans and Europeans would die from a week from poisonous koala bites or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Before anyone points out the fact that everyone is immortal: No. HC is right. They would smurfing die.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    A child is born roughly once every 5 seconds globally speaking and I'm fairly certain that's wrong, but it's a nice answer from Google which will suffice to show something. Therefore that gives us a population growth of 17,280 a day. Thats an extra 120,960 a week. 483,840 a month (4 week). 1,451,520 per season (3 months) With no one dying in the mean time?

Now as I said in the first line I think that result is off Google is lying to me. I mean a new baby is born in the UK alone every 8 seconds so lets say it's 0.5 seconds til a child is born which feels like it would be more realistic given the size of the globe. That changes the above figures to 172,800 a day, 1,209,600 a week, 4,838,400 a month, 14,515,200 in just 12 weeks, 58,060,800 in a year. With 0 deaths in that time, it'd be pretty smurfed up.
    I'm sure life would work much, much differently if everyone was immortal.