Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -1/4 neva

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you don't require food. Doesn't mean you won't need water? Our global supplies often strain enough at present. How would you like to be eternally starving but never able to die?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm talking about people having kids. I'm sure there would be someone to work out a solution to a resources problem if there was one; all the smart people stay alive forever.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Forced vasectomies globally!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Forced vasectomies globally!
    They would heal.

Also I thought the healing ability might effect the menstral cycle enough to screw up reproduction. Though I try to avoid knowing any of the details of that subject
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    reproduction
    IMMORTAL BABIES.

It would be like /v/ in real life.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

See people always try to smurf with your question instead of answering it Blackmage_nuke.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you don't require food. Doesn't mean you won't need water? Our global supplies often strain enough at present. How would you like to be eternally starving but never able to die?
    Actually, it means exactly that. Immortality means that you cannot die or decay, which means that food and water are no longer necessary resources. Immortality also gets rid of a laundry list of other necessities that exist solely to keep people alive. In a world filled with immortals, the only real limiting factor is space.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I treat immortality in the Man From Earth way. You're not invulnerable. You can still die, given enough damage.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Actually, it means exactly that. Immortality means that you cannot die or decay, which means that food and water are no longer necessary resources. Immortality also gets rid of a laundry list of other necessities that exist solely to keep people alive. In a world filled with immortals, the only real limiting factor is space.
    That would be invunerable immortality or invincible immortality. If you're immortal but not invunerable then your body will still need sustenance and that means food/water. If you don't get that your body will still waste away, it will still starve and become so weak that you're incapable of moving, be so wasted that you'd be in constant pain and suffering and wishing to die yet you wouldn't be able to. If a soldier got blown apart by a rocket launcher he'd still be alive in pieces but alive he wouldn't heal, but he'd feel, he'd be in agony and he'd suffer.

The original post said immortality, it did not specify invulnerability.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Steve, not a single part of that post is correct. I'm very disappointed in you.

I would choose Iceglow (aka Steve, but he gets humpty when I call him that). xox

Blog Entries

That would be invunerable immortality or invincible immortality. If you're immortal but not invunerable then your body will still need sustenance and that means food/water. If you don't get that your body will still waste away, it will still starve and become so weak that you're incapable of moving, be so wasted that you'd be in constant pain and suffering and wishing to die yet you wouldn't be able to. If a soldier got blown apart by a rocket launcher he'd still be alive in pieces but alive he wouldn't heal, but he'd feel, he'd be in agony and he'd suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambard D'Quinceteth View Post
    Steve, not a single part of that post is correct. I'm very disappointed in you.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oddly enough, I was about to post that image in relation to another of Steve's posts in a different thread. xD

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'd find someone who WANTED to die. In a world of immortals, having that power would be a commodity. I'd sell it to the highest bidder, and live the rest of my days a rich, lonely, slowly decaying hermit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

There are no different degrees of immortality, stop making trout up.