Thread: [Name]'s Round 1 [whatever nonsense you would like to put]

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default [Name]'s Round 1 [whatever nonsense you would like to put]

I am good at following directions. Now I'm going to ignore directions, because if this is my blog it's going to start with what I want to talk about, not Kaycee's adorable "rules". I'm an adult, and I ain't gonna be part of your system. I don't enter this competition with an expectation of winning this. I don't even enter the competition with an expectation to truly be in competition. Because honestly, why should I expect to win this? I'm all grown up guys, it's adorable and I know after the year long hiatus I've had several times and the ill-fit for the job record I'd left previously, realistically the staff should (and does) already have a predetermined fate chosen for me. But I swear to god if you keep me around for the last round again to have some plot-twist I will smurfing find and kill all of you. I don't say this with regret, disdain, anger, or hatred, but with an odd sense of appreciation. Now instead of being overkill serious about this, I can sit back, play along and enjoy the ride. Maybe even, since I'm not so overwhelmingly driven by the need to impress, stay within the rules, and all that jazz reflect on this competition as a whole.

EoFF Idol The next CK tournament really is brilliant in its own way and I can understand why the staff continues to do it. Although it's easy to call BS on the idea of anyone being able to win, it is fairly clear that the tournament can get you at least on the staff's radar, where you might not have been previously. This does something weird. It makes people... "care". That makes them actually try when they are told, "post this, thread that, etc" and ultimately that's the big payoff of this event. People give up when an event has work, with no reward (I love you pr00t but the elections tend to fall into this category). But, when there is a irrefutable chance at e-peen enlargement. Oh boy will people try - and this is how I see that I win no matter what. I love being able to nerd out and rant about Final Fantasy, yesterday I made a post that probably took me an hour to think and type about FFX. I loved every second of it. Ultimately a lack of FF related activity was a big reason for my leaving. So a competition that people legitimately care about that ultimately just spawns activity? That's something I can be on-board about.

So congrats guys, you've played me like a violin years past, but this year, I win this game no matter how I look at it. Now it's time for the less interesting then my rant - required stuff.

What makes a good member?
    Posting in the lower forums. Other than that, if you're a good person you're probably a good member. What I'm saying is, be interesting.

What makes a good CK?
    What is this the boy scouts? My 8th grade english class? Ultimately, responsiveness - different than activity, as long as the person is accessible checks emails for reports reachable by Mognet Message the amount of random posting they do is unimportant. If we think CK's should be "setting an example of activity" then this place is dooooomed. Being able to diffuse a situation is pretty helpful too, there can be some... strong personality differences here.

What would you like to change about Eyeson?
    Pooooower to the people!
    Poooooooooooower to the people!

Besides anything drastic like turning the place into a general gaming website with userbased content (oh my god! my game?)? Let's make gil actually usable. Either make buyable stuff like colored titles with a freaking million of it, or do something fun with it. Release more triple triad packs. I had this great idea back about a once a week chocobo race made in Javascript, but I don't know Javascript yet lol. Anyway, the idea was set up an animation of a race like in FFVII, have the chocobos run at variable speeds that are set at random every week, and have the users be able to bet throughout the week on who wins. Why am I typing this? This is awesome. I should be making this. Stop reading this idea.

What color would your CK tag be?
    Realistically Gold would make the most sense, it is pretty much my motto. I know we don't have Gold, yellow will do. Pretty much whatever the recognized member title is made out of

Thunderdome - tactic against who?
    Psy, tactic, sex. Next question.

What does FF(and EoFF) mean to you?
    tit. Now it really does feel like I'm back in the 8th grade. I'll hold in the rest of my snide now. FF is quite simply my favorite game series, it is the game series that made me look at video games as form of artistic expression. EoFF started as a place where I could nerd about it, but eventually became a place I made (hopefully) lifelong friends that I would eventually meet (shoutout Eileen and Dakoda). Isn't that just adorable?

Gonna stop linking after I've made the requirements because I'm lazy. Also it feels incredibly weird linking to things I would've said anyway.
    Post #1
    Post #2
    Post #3
    Post #4
    Post #5
    Post #6
    Post #7
    Post #8
    Post #9
    Posts #10

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 08-19-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hey Dan. STOP BEING A TWAT. These questions are easy cause they are round one blah. Don't be a twat. I'll disqualify you for being a twat. I CAN SOME HOW DO THAT.

Be more active again. What happened to your drunk dials? LIFELONG FRIENDS OF LEENY AND DAKODA?! WHAT ABOUT KAYCEE. I had to put up with your drunk dials for like a year and then suddenly nothing! I SEE HOW THIS IS. You can't play anymore. You hurt my feelings

We have enough bitchy people around here, we don't need another one. It doesn't make you cool or anything just fyi. JERK

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You haven't met me yet so you didn't fall in the "that I would eventually meet" category ;P

The drunk calls also have stopped with the lack of parties over the past few months <3 u kaceeeeee

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Still, stop being a twat about my tasks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you can't stand the fire... stay out of the kitchen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Re-read rules: Linking posts and threads and such into first post for convenience.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Your pre-answer spiel is good. It shows you're not a pushover. It shows you're a dominant personality and frankly if you're not going to be out there then you're never going to make it big anyway. So you're off to a good start. Your assessment of the CK contest is fairly spot on but I know for a fact that there will be a winner at the end of this journey. It's also kind of like Idol in the sense that, yes, even "losing" still puts you on the radar. I don't think you got to the finale last time based purely on their want to troll you; Jessweeee♪ was there too, if I recall, and she got a position. Momiji was the other iirc but like you kind of faded activity wise. Honestly if your schedule were kinder you should probably expect a job.

You chocobo racing game is one that I had as well but I don't know much at all so I scrapped that idea as soon as I heard you had thought of it. I'm looking forward to the inevitable completion of it because I can't hold all of this smurfing gil man.

Dude we did have a rocking time even if your city did catch on fire

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I find this whole dominant comment hilarious, seeing as I just watched the South Park episode where Cartman gets trained by the Dog Whisper. "I'm not being aggressive, I'm just being dominant." However excuse me if I decide not to suspend my disbelief right yet at any chance I have at the competition, especially with my shoddy activity record lately.

College got me busy as you saw! But coop's been very kind! Minus the whole not really knowing what I'm doing thing. And Boston lit on fire because it couldn't take the pure swag of us in the same city for multiple days. As for the Chocobo racing, I haven't started it yet. Javascript is pretty low on my languages to learn list.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That's understandable really. It's a lot of effort to learn a whole damn language and then the work begins. But yeah it's good to know you're keeping out of trouble. At least you know that if anything goes wrong you can just buy new organs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You can't really use the word "twat" unless you're British so Kaycee is kind of embarassing me right here.

Also sex is not enough. I also require some form of chocolacation to submit.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Not true; we can also use the word twat. Actually, the fact that Freya has used the word twat makes me think it is a favourite word of yours dear Walrus.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chocolate sex.

I think Psy and Jiro should have a twat off

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Paul has a filthy mouth. Just knowing him has made my vocabulary get dirty. Bad influence!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Done! Now I can stop taking note when I do this stuff and be more lazy and not link. Hurrah.