Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII HD remake, things you'd like to see?

I'd love to see that part where Seifer kills Odin removed from the game. That was just stupid. Other than that maybe add mini games or quests on the unexplored areas of the map.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah that was pretty retarded.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Make the super bosses stronger, the junction system harder to abuse, make The End not work on Ultima or Omega, nerf Aura, Meltdown and Hero items, make Zell's armageddon fist repeat thingy impossible, expand the Deep Sea Research Facility a bit as well as the "story" around it. And add a "hard" difficulty.

It would also be fun to have a critical-trigger thingy on everyone's weapons actually.

Ultima Shadow: Actually, I kind of had my derrière handed to me against either super boss... I'd be with you on the critical-trigger for everyone, but...

Meh, if they should go ahead with this, I would like to remain uninformed. *Thwack*
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Never understood why they made it so that enemy's levels scale so tightly with that of playable characters. So first of all that.

There's the junction/limitbreak/battle system which is extremely flawed too, in an amount of ways that I can't possibly be arsed to type.

Would also like to see more focus on the SquallxSeifer love story. All we got in the original game was the odd hint dropped about Seifer's "romantic dream", relentless flirting and a kinky torture fetish scene. A small helping of side quests that offer a little more insight as reward for completion would be a nice touch.

In summary: Rehash the story, rehash the battle system. Maybe rehash some of the characters, maybe most of the characters. Remake FFVII instead.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    USA ability to use the pocket station

Guys Guys Guys!
    It;s happening!
    Sony?s Reviving PocketStation? for PlayStation Vita - IGN
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I first played FF8 on a PC, which included chocobo world as a separate minigame so I could get all of the items.

Must suck to not be PC master race.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This would be nice, but I would still like the ability to magically grow giant size when adventuring around the world.

Default Name Changes!

I know everybody may not agree with me but I think they should allow for all the playable characters to have name changes. I really enjoy this feature in FF games that dont have VA. I motion to even to start a petition or something. It should be simple to add, and I know it would make a lot of people like myself very happy! Please make it happen.

Yeah, I wouldn't really want too many alterations...but I like the idea of more Laguna scenes. Those were always my favourite parts of the game, so more of those flashbacks, more intricate story/scenes, maybe some boss battles, would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post

Would also like to see more focus on the SquallxSeifer love story. All we got in the original game was the odd hint dropped about Seifer's "romantic dream", relentless flirting and a kinky torture fetish scene.

We must of played a different Final Fantasy 8

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I found out that there were different variations of Renzokuken a few days ago and I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Please don't tell me there are variations of the entire game's plot, I don't think I could cope.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

The HD Remaster of FFVIII is actually just Xenogears. That way you guys spend your money on a good game.

I can tell you what I would not like to see: The entirety of a GF attack every time one is used

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post
    I can tell you what I would not like to see: The entirety of a GF attack every time one is used
    But then how would you boost?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.