Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII HD remake, things you'd like to see?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would really like to see more of the other party members: Quistis, Zell, Selphie, and Irvine should get more character development.

I would like the battle system to be redesigned to allow for more character diversity outside of the Limit Breaks. I find that character diversity is a positive attribute rather than having every character be a jack of all trades.

Wolf Kanno had some great ideas. It's not asking for that much if the game was really going to be remade!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Access to a detailed render of Ultimecia's clock tower for me to rotate, scrutinize and generally ogle at will. Preferably one that actually tells time and has chimes too.

**starts drooling uncontrollably**

Blog Entries

Much like FF7, I wouldn't want them to actually do anything to the gameplay or content. Re-do the characters with more polygons, re-render the CGI, re-paint the backgrounds in HD but otherwise leave well alone!

Reality: there will eventually be a PC re-release with anti-aliasing and achievements. And er, Squall Saves.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would like the story to be left well alone, and keep the battle system the same. I absolutely hate the newer FF battle systems, I love the junction system but it's a bit sloppy...

Mainly I just want more explanation to some of the moments in the plot. I always felt the Julia and Laguna bit was a bit... rushed and could have had something more. Same with the Laguna and Raine bit.

To be honest, a little game just of Laguna's story with Kiros and Ward would be GREAT but we've seen how the FF7 prequel stuff turned out... it can kind of ruin the story a little.

MORE OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS.

I love the Rinoa/Squall storyline but the potential for amazing characters (they're already amazing) is there! they should touch more on it, give them more individual moments etc! Flesh out their back story a bit more.

Would love more GF's!! Maybe some of the GF's that have featured in other games but didn't get in VIII. Perhaps even with the option of controlling the GF's on the battle field like in X.

I think they could go back and flesh out some parts with more disk/hard drive space. Like the series of nameless witches at the end. Since they represent witches throughout time they could all be different instead of the three or four variants that they had.
    "I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron..."

I think I'd just like the whole story to be redone. Oh, and the battle system. Ditch the drawing and Junctioning crap. Have character devopment centered around GF's, that includes learning magic and such.

"One does not simply choose between Black and White magic."
    Awesome picture courtesy of Lockharted. Thank you!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post

tl;dr: Make the game good.
    Yeah I just don't see that happening to that mess of a game. Might as well just make something new. The story and setting are horribly inconsistent and lacking in so many ways it would have to be redone completely. We should keep the original around in our memories as an eternal reminder. It wouldn't be FF8 anymore if it was changed from a trainwreck to a proper piece of work.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Recognized Member milliegoesbeep's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

MOOMBAS.

'nuff said.
    ​a calm sea never made a skillful sailor | MILLIEGOESBEEP

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFvXIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I'd like to see Junction Redux implemented.

I really, really hate the Junction system. I feel it's a nice idea, but really poorly implemented. Redo it, and definitely give it a better interface than just hundreds of lines of white text.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

My first answer will be to expand the story further. Elaborate it more. Use the remaining discs well after disc 2. And by that I meant about the "disc 3 is getting boring and after Adel, it's kill that Ultimecia b*tch mission only and then THE END." It's like disc 4 was the lamest part of the game.

And uh, more exposure for the other characters.

I'm not actually against any battle systems. I'm sort of a "what's been given then so be it" player so I'll just leave it to those who wants a change or the same.

There's a extra part to the orphanage scene where after the Balamb vs Galbadia fight and you speak to Edea at the start of CD 3 she explains that she drained all the memories of the children because she was loosing her powers and attacked her own orphanage ( it is in ruins later on ) and she wanted to drain the memories of the children to safe them from the awful memories and childhood scars and the fact that they'll have to fight her one day.

Irvine is the only one to remember because he managed to escape and hide in time and he only got a short attack of the memory drain spell while he was trying to run as a frighted child and Squall manages to hide with Irvine, who got most but not all of the memory drain spell and the only thing he remembers is Ellone.( Ellone left a few days before Edea lost control )

The Esthar army arrives and Cid as a younger and much braver knight tries to stop them. Squall and Irvine both have a massive headache and they can only hear sounds of the Esthar army, Edea going berserk and Cid trying to protect the children.

Irvine and Squall fall into a coma and Irvine wakes up in Galbabia Garden and Squall wakes up in Balamb Garden. Irvine remembers the most out of the orphans and mostly Edea; however Edea loosing her mind is a blur, he doesn't quite understand why he was taken away from them, but he treasures his memories.

Squall wakes up crying and only remembering Ellone. However Seifer is another one whom remembers everything, and unlike Irvine he remembers everything and it scars him heavily, to the very core. However he keeps it a secret since Zell has no idea whatsoever and Squall only seems to know about Ellone nobody else.

That's why Seifer was so keen to take Edea's side and be her knight and apart of the thought that he was the good guy and that Squall was the villain because he was protecting his Mum.

Okay it sounds like a bad fanfic but at least it's better than the " Oh ! It must be the GF's "!

Now, I despise this game, but breaking my usual bitter self on the topic, I'll give some constructive critcism.

First and foremost, the Junction System needs some serious work. While they are at it, so does the Per-level stat bumps and level Scaling in this game. The three of these together completely kill any challenge the game could have. Though mostly I would want changes to the Junction system since it, once again, follows in FF VII's footsteps and kills off any difference in characters outside of Limit Breaks.

Also, I won't say just scrap the Orphanage scene, though that is a really good option, but if they want to keep it they need to make it relevant. As it stands, the plot really doesn't change if the scene were to be scrapped entirely. Hell, the only thing the GF memory thing really effected was the Orphanage scene, so give that more buildup as well. More Build Up, and perhaps give the characters some lost memories that are actually relevant to the plot at hand.

Those are the main two, and I'll stop here before I just start getting Nit Picky.

I've mentioned on another thread that it would be interesting to see exactly how everyone became an orphan and how they all got sent to Edea's, on that note, everyone refers to her as Matron, so where does Edea come from?
    The GF thing could be explained, I agree. Some mysteries that could be solved: Is Laguna Squall's father, Rinoa=Ultimecia, Irvine and Selphie couple or no couple? I think some more monsters/ bosses/ GFs could be created and add to the Triple Triad deck and maybe each Garden should have their own CC Club, that'd be so cool. FF Agito has a full deck of cards, not just the ones in CC Club, so maybe they could do something like that. Balamb would have the current one, Trabia would have the numbers from ace/one to five and Galbadia could have the rest of the numbers, considering Balamb starts at Jack and they don't have an Ace (or a Queen for that matter).
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".

The game needs more Laguna, that is the darn truth.