Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII HD remake, things you'd like to see?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default FFVIII HD remake, things you'd like to see?

Ok so if Square were doing a full HD remake of FFVIII with everything from the original game as is included what would you like to see included as some additional sections to the game?

Prsonally I'd love to see more of the SeeD versus Gabaldia war, maybe expand it so that the second disc didn't feel so short, side missions involving both the Garden and Missile Base teams. Perhaps Selphie's team ought to have encountered more resistance or had more than one objective even objectives what helped Squall's Garden Team make it back to Balamb. Definitely after Fisherman's Horizon Disc 2 feels short. Some added content there would be awesome imho even if for most of the time it was liberal smashing of people.

So come on, share what you'd like to see, even if you'd like to see R=U confirmed as long as you've got a good argument for why you think it ought to happen I'd love to read it

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

There is a lot of the map left unused and that disappoints me. I don't know. Remakes are good but I don't like the idea of changing too much.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Hint at the GF memory loss phenomenon so that plot twist doesn't seem like it comes out of left field.
    Last edited by Sephex; 08-18-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I might like to see more of the crazy warped time world that Ultimecia creates. Like, everything twisted or backward in some sort of way creating just a really dark and ominous world to completely change the mood of the game there at the end.

I wouldn't want much of the story changed, though. I like it and would pretty much just prefer an entire HD revamp.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Hint at the GF memory loss phenomenon so that plot twist doesn't seem like it comes out of left field.
    There is reference to this during the Dollet Training missions if you speak to every character possible. I believe Quistis refers to it to explain why the G-army doesn't use GF's for magic. It's not quite so left field as you've said. However it's not really handled well when they bring in the orphanage it seems to me that Gabaldia Garden and Trabia Garden never used GF's in their training only Balamb (why?) and that to qualify to become a SeeD you had to transfer much like Selphie from those Garden's to Balamb where you'd learn how to utilize GF's before becoming a SeeD. Now, Selphie explains that she can't remember the past because although she went to Trabia, she found a GF on a training trip/mission and junctioned it but she doesn't remember the name of it. Unless she was junctioned for a long time this didn't make much sense to me, unless perhaps if you junction at too young an age you lose more memories sooner due to being under-developed. I guess it just needed handling better.

Recognized Member milliegoesbeep's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'd love to see the SeeD in general more, perhaps the wars and more of the garden. I know it's pretty pointless, but the design of garden is pretty impressive and it'd be lovely to see it in HD.

Also, the space scenes, character designs and GFs would be stunning too
    ​a calm sea never made a skillful sailor | MILLIEGOESBEEP

Blog Entries

A playable section for Zell's flashback of Ward's janitorial adventures..

For some reason the section on the Ragnarok where you had to kill the monsters in order of colour felt very out of place to me. I would like it altered.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 08-18-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

After playing the VII re-do, I feel VIII could greatly benefit from this treatment. The music and character models would look/sound great. They did a great job with VII's music and the characters do look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I thought leaving that nestled deep in the Garden computer network information service or whatever, the thing you definitely weren't gonna read on your first playthrough because who the hell could be arsed, so you'd only ever discover that hint on a later run, was a dick move.

One of the Faculty dudes in Cid's office at the graduation debriefing vaguely alludes to it too.

In other words, it totally should've been implemented better, because the only other hint available is the inexplicable way Irvine behaves that again, only really makes sense if you play a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    There is reference to this during the Dollet Training missions if you speak to every character possible.
    Which you obviously aren't going to do if you want your initial SeeD rank to be any good whatsoever. This just adds further proof that it's buried too deep.

Oh wow, I spent so long discussing everyone else's points that I forgot to contribute anything of my own.

I would've liked to see more clear evidence of Ultimecia's existence. The idea that Edea's not herself comes in far too late. I'd also like to see more clarity with regards to what Garden actually even is. Yes, Balamb Garden is where SeeD exams are taken, but Trabia and Galbadia's true purpose is so glossed over they almost seem entirely pointless. Trabia Garden is so far out of the way of any human population centre of any kind that it almost doesn't need to exist: they all might as well have gone to Balamb.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 08-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

USA ability to use the pocket station
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ReloadPsi, thanks for understanding what I mean. I know that there are subtle hints throughout the game, but those you have to explore for yourself. I think for smaller plot points that kind of stuff is fine. But as some of you said, it should have been implemented better. I would envision one or two scenes where they actually show someone's memory being screwed with that the player HAS to witness. Sure, downplay it and don't make it obvious, but just including something like that would have made the Orphanage scene work better.

Also, I know it was implied, but that's where Irvine should have DIRECTLY spoke up and said that's why he had such a hard time pulling the trigger during the assassination attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    USA ability to use the pocket station
    I've come to overlook this so much. I would love this as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I thought Irvine really just was a chump to be honest.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Irvine

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh sure, I like him too. But I thought his spiel about how he just acts tough and is actually a goddamn nervous wreck was true.