Look, we all know that FFVI is the best damn game in the series. This is absolute, undeniable truth and Del Murder will totally back me up on this. But perhaps what's most amazing about it is that it's the best in the series despite the battle system being an absolutely broken pile of trout.

And I doubt there's anyone who would disagree with me there, even amongst the most hardcore FFVI fans. The battle system is terrible.

"Oh hey, I got attacked by some monsters. I guess I'll spam my infinitely usable, high damage attacks that hit every enemy on the screen every single time and end the fight inside of three turns tops. Oh, looks like I need to heal. I'll just use this Cure spell, then siphon back all of the MP I used from monsters that never use magic but seem to have MP anyway. Hey, what's this Ultima spell do?"

Seriously, the game is far too easy. If it weren't for the awesome characters, great world and story, and the music and lovely art style that all came together to be an amazing experience, this wouldn't be something I'd ever recommend playing.

So how would you guys fix it? You can feel free to toss out ideas for singular problems, or try and tackle the entire battle system, but I want to know what you would do to inject some challenge and player involvement worthy of the best title in the series here. I'll hold off on my own ideas since I'm short on time and I'd rather hear what everyone else thinks since everyone already knows I have an opinion about everything and you all stopped caring years ago.